500/1 for top 6 finish | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

500/1 for top 6 finish

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
TonyD":2zwcjpf6 said:
.my £10 top 6 finish bet now has a cash out of £23... Tempted !!

I’d take it, we’ve got some tough games coming up and if we don’t pick up many points you’ll have missed your chance to gain a profit.

May 4, 2015
JannerinCardiff":fcvreobh said:
TonyD":fcvreobh said:
.my £10 top 6 finish bet now has a cash out of £23... Tempted !!

I’d take it, we’ve got some tough games coming up and if we don’t pick up many points you’ll have missed your chance to gain a profit.

Guess it all depends on how much you need £13 :funny:

Dec 21, 2015
Am going to let it ride as think even with the fixtures we have coming up it will go higher

Also got 4 free £10 bets so stuck that on top half finish & 12/1

Jul 19, 2014
I managed to put £2 on a top 6 at 500/1 the other day.
I'm mainly interested to see what the cash out will be if we get close.

I think there are too many points to make up realistically but there are plenty of people on here who made money on a top 6 bet which didn't actually come off last year too!

Aug 13, 2011
I think we should aim higher than the play offs. We dipped out last year. I think we should be looking at automatic minimum. We had an awful start last season but this season it was bad but not as bad as last season by one point. Still bottom mind. Anyway that's history. So let's go for automatic and then take stock of the situation.

Mar 14, 2009
I put on two bets during the season.

Both for top half finishes at 14/1 and 16/1.

Do l think they will happen, possibly.... The top 6 though is just complete fantasy.

A

andyr1963

gariboldi":33hvstqk said:
I think we should aim higher than the play offs. We dipped out last year. I think we should be looking at automatic minimum. We had an awful start last season but this season it was bad but not as bad as last season by one point. Still bottom mind. Anyway that's history. So let's go for automatic and then take stock of the situation.

I suspect this is a wind up....................BUT just in case a reality check.

TOTALS ARE FOR THE LAST 25YEARS

The points total for 1999-2000 sixth place was 82 points
The total for 6th in 2003-04 was 81 points

IF Argyle win ALL their remaining games we will end up with 81 points

The lowest point tally for 6th place is 2009-10 a mere 69 points
The average is 74.32

:banghead: Given that Doncaster have an 11 point and 2 games in hand advantage over us and Peterborough in 6th place have 13 points on us. It just ain't going to happen. And as for chasing Automatic promotion and making up a deficit of 23 TWENTY THREE points you're clueless :shock: :lol:

O

oldhatter

To show my confidence, and for the helpful replies on another thread - just had £10 @ 6/1 top half finish :)

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Right, I've done it. Going back 21 years the average points tally for 7th is 72 points. Therefore, stretching that point , the average points required for the play offs would have been 73 points. The lowest for 7th was 65 & highest 80 (unlucky Bristol Rovers!)Peterborough are currently in 6th place averaging 1.58 points a games, extrapolate (is that the right word ?) to the end of the season will give them 72.7 points...I never realised I was a mathematical genius !!!!!
Argyle will need to average @ 2.5 points per game to get 73 points.