500/1 for top 6 finish | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

500/1 for top 6 finish

Aug 5, 2005
football-bet-data":3cepj7oe said:
Pastybasher":3cepj7oe said:
Skybet are all over the place at the moment, could it be a lot of people putting money on Argyle at these massive odds and then cashing out for a quick return, a £10 bet 15 minutes ago would have made a quick £8.96 profit. Do that a few times every time the odds go out you are only playing with their money.
and they’ll gub your account within hours

Always wondered. What does gub mean?

Aug 4, 2011
Quizmike":1tuho5bf said:
football-bet-data":1tuho5bf said:
Pastybasher":1tuho5bf said:
Skybet are all over the place at the moment, could it be a lot of people putting money on Argyle at these massive odds and then cashing out for a quick return, a £10 bet 15 minutes ago would have made a quick £8.96 profit. Do that a few times every time the odds go out you are only playing with their money.
and they’ll gub your account within hours

Always wondered. What does gub mean?
Basically, heavily restricted or blocked

Jan 6, 2004
I find it even now astonishing that the odds on Argyle finishing top half are as long as they are compared to almost every other team given the run of form and given last year's surge - although odds obviously not as good as they were I would still say make hay - even if we don't finish top half I am confident form will continue to be much better 2nd half of season and there will be plenty of cash out chances.

Aug 5, 2005
Quizmike":13w43j8a said:
Marco_Polo":13w43j8a said:
Advice please?

I’m new to this betting lark, other than the occasional flutter on the Grand National down the bookies.
I put some money on Argyle finishing in the top half prior to the game last Saturday at 20/1, with Paddy Power. I have every intention of leaving it there but I don't appear to have the option of 'cashout'. Could it be because it includes the free bet of £20, meaning I get £20 back if we don't make it, or did I make an error with the original bet?

Cheers PB.

You've done nothing wrong.

Bookies do not offer cash outs on all bets. For some reason, Paddy Power aren't offering cash outs on top 6 / top half bets, but they are on promotion / relegation (I've also bet with Paddy Power)

Update - Paddy Power now seem to have activated the cash out for the top 6 finish market. So if you bet with them for that you should see a potential profit already as the odds are down to 250-1

Jul 19, 2014
Skybet asks me to verify my account, then gives me a session time-out error whenever I start the verification process.

Oct 31, 2015
I think people need to check their enthusiasm a bit. We are no way near clear of bottom 4 and a lot of teams below us have 2 games in hand. Whilst we are in a better position it's still precarious. Once we get to 52 points then look up and see.
A lot of football to play and yesterday proved this team is not the finished article.

Saying all that I did put £20 at 20/1 for top half last month :)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":36y3wq32 said:
I think people need to check their enthusiasm a bit. We are no way near clear of bottom 4 and a lot of teams below us have 2 games in hand. Whilst we are in a better position it's still precarious. Once we get to 52 points then look up and see.
A lot of football to play and yesterday proved this team is not the finished article.

Saying all that I did put £20 at 20/1 for top half last month :)

I put a bit on us to stay up at 7/2 Jon.. I think top half is doable but I’m a bit risk adverse..

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Top 6 is now 200/1 and with us being only 2 points away top half is down to 6/1.

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Argyle are 10/3 to get 50+ points with Skybet, which must be a mistake considering we are 3/1 to get 55+ points.

So that's 14 points needed from our last 15 games. Surely this is a fantastic value bet!

You can find it under 'Specials' > 'League One Request A Bet' > 'Plymouth Request A Bet'.

Aug 15, 2015
Fantastic bet that - thanks for the heads up. Stuck £150 on it for a potential £500 profit.

The average points required to avoid relegation in the last 8 or so years, I calculated to be 48.5 (round to 49).

More recently in the last 4 or 5 years the points required has generally increased.

You're essentially betting on Argyle to avoid relegation therefore, assuming a 49 point mark is required to avoid the drop. That's a decent bet given our upturn.

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Shoenice":16r6uek9 said:
Fantastic bet that - thanks for the heads up. Stuck £150 on it for a potential £500 profit.

The average points required to avoid relegation in the last 8 or so years, I calculated to be 48.5 (round to 49).

More recently in the last 4 or 5 years the points required has generally increased.

You're essentially betting on Argyle to avoid relegation therefore, assuming a 49 point mark is required to avoid the drop. That's a decent bet given our upturn.

Wow, now there's a brave bet! Fortune does favour the brave though, you're welcome and good luck :)

Also, Argyle to avoid relegation are 4/11, which does indeed go to show how much value is in the 10/3. My only worry is our tough run in, but even calculating our points being a complete pessimist I made 14 points- enough for 50 overall!