A few points from last night. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A few points from last night.

Jul 7, 2006
Thank you for the post Ian. Very informative and positive. Nice one.
I think one of the most telling parts was the reminder to all and sundry that despite having money available, this 'Pot' will not be effective for changes to take place until the New Year.
My goodness that is going to mean a lot of nail biting for the next 5/6 games.

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":2bnq88f7 said:
P@blo":2bnq88f7 said:
Tim Chown":2bnq88f7 said:
We need a beast. It seems we have secured one.

A Cup run would have been fantastic, not least as I understand the profits would have been used in part to accelerate the staff repayments. But we are where we are, out of the Cup and five points adrift from League 2 safety. That said, there are still 28 games and 84 points to play for over the next six months.

This is the bit that worries me, it sounds like it'll be easy.....but.

On average 48-51 points kept people safe in the football league over the last 4 years, we currently have 9 and at our current rate are on course for 23. So we actually need around 42 out of the 84 points available to be confident of survival....

In other words we have to win every other game, 14 wins. So far, we've won 2 in 18.

The fact that we are only just able to do something about the squad is hte biggest problem, losing ( not gaining) Dickenson was a huge blow looking back.

That is the true cost of the dithering that P&A put us through with their Heaney flirtation.

Your stats sound very dodgy without checking them. Pretty sure nothing like that total was needed last season nor will be this season. There are several teams with less than a point a game.

48 would have been enough last season, 45 the season before.

argylepaul

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jul 15, 2008
Bromley
_42924117_noseaward203.jpg
Pafcintheplace":22e4qk7z said:
IJN":22e4qk7z said:
I'm a Brent special helper.

:wave:

I'm available for Christmas bookings!! :lol:

And a very special one you are too! :thumbup:

Mar 19, 2004
Balham_Green":kettu702 said:
Balham_Green":kettu702 said:
P@blo":kettu702 said:
Tim Chown":kettu702 said:
We need a beast. It seems we have secured one.

A Cup run would have been fantastic, not least as I understand the profits would have been used in part to accelerate the staff repayments. But we are where we are, out of the Cup and five points adrift from League 2 safety. That said, there are still 28 games and 84 points to play for over the next six months.

This is the bit that worries me, it sounds like it'll be easy.....but.

On average 48-51 points kept people safe in the football league over the last 4 years, we currently have 9 and at our current rate are on course for 23. So we actually need around 42 out of the 84 points available to be confident of survival....

In other words we have to win every other game, 14 wins. So far, we've won 2 in 18.

The fact that we are only just able to do something about the squad is the biggest problem, losing ( not gaining) Dickenson was a huge blow looking back.

That is the true cost of the dithering that P&A put us through with their Heaney flirtation.

Your stats sound very dodgy without checking them. Pretty sure nothing like that total was needed last season nor will be this season. There are several teams with less than a point a game.

48 would have been enough last season, 45 the season before.

Ignore other teams current points, they will do something about it as well, so we can't go on their current form..

Ok we need 45-48 points so we only need 12 or 13 wins from the next 28 games phew! :thumbs:

Be clear: Relegation is a very serious threat this year, significant strengthing is needed asap.

However, I remain the optimist I've been for the last 2 relegations... I just hope that I'm right this year.
It's good to hear from IJN that the things that can be done are being done and I hope we survive to so that next year, can be our first 'proper' season for 3 years hopefully....

G

grovehill

Darren Purse has been around long enough to know what to say to a couple of start struck fans.

Although what he says he'll do is actually what Fletcher should be doing as Manager and should have been doing as Captain.

"Been there, seen it all" players are needed on the pitch but whats sadly lacking is strong leadership off the pitch.

Having three players sent off in a Cup tie against "inferior" opposition is a disgrace and points to a lack of respect for the team and the manager.

How many teams that are bottom at Christmas survive?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
narrowboat":2dmencmj said:
I think one of the most telling parts was the reminder to all and sundry that despite having money available, this 'Pot' will not be effective for changes to take place until the New Year.
Good old transfer windows! Will be interesting to see what we do in January.

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
Ian said James won't let us go down and i believe that, i have to because i will be buying a new 3D TV in July not a season ticket for the conference if he does.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
As someone who lives in Doncaster I dont Think O'Driscoll is the answer

He needs time he will build up slowly and unfortunatley we dont have time

He is not a bawler which is what some of these young kids need

Mind after a couple of years everyone up here loved him so if we can stay up maybe he is the long term answer

A

Anonymous

grovehill":10piex9y said:
Darren Purse has been around long enough to know what to say to a couple of start struck fans.

We were Grovey.

I was going to suggest that you tell him that on Saturday, as he's coming to the FansFest, but you don't attend games, do you?

Sep 6, 2006
GreenEden":xfldjpub said:
As someone who lives in Doncaster I dont Think O'Driscoll is the answer

He needs time he will build up slowly and unfortunatley we dont have time

He is not a bawler which is what some of these young kids need

Mind after a couple of years everyone up here loved him so if we can stay up maybe he is the long term answer

Well, make your mind up!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":v90dzdyg said:
grovehill":v90dzdyg said:

We were Grovey.

I was going to suggest that you tell him that on Saturday, as he's coming to the FansFest, but you don't attend games, do you?

Darren Purse is going to the FansFest? Shouldn't he be preparing for the game?

The Doctor":25rdy7sv said:
IJN":25rdy7sv said:
grovehill":25rdy7sv said:

We were Grovey.

Darren Purse is going to the FansFest? Shouldn't he be preparing for the game?

Gotta have his pasty and pint before the game! :greensmile:

Feb 15, 2005
CW and IJN you are now becoming in the firing line as you communicate to our owner, your post does give hope and something to cling on. However you may be seen as the "board" and or "management" and when results gone wrong people will expect you to change things. Kind of poacher turned gamekeeper and Saturday is a vital game we cannot afford to lose.

Sep 1, 2006
They dont deserve nights out in Stourbridge as VIP guests or role as president at the club. They deserve a flipping statue!!! But then again your still have Grovehill dressed in all black in his balacalva at 3am writing stuff in black permenant marker. Grow up