Adams' full-time reaction | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams' full-time reaction

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have just plucked up the courage to listen to derek on greens on screen.he said "mackie was lucky to not be sent off".anybody who witnessed the disaster yesterday able to confirm that or is derek just clutching at straws?he also said that only one first team player played for the reserves yesterday and all the others aren't ready.with all these coaches,medical and physios why are they injured all the time? :furious:

May 8, 2011
Steve Evans":2soecym6 said:
i have just plucked up the courage to listen to derek on greens on screen.he said "mackie was lucky to not be sent off".anybody who witnessed the disaster yesterday able to confirm that or is derek just clutching at straws?he also said that only one first team player played for the reserves yesterday and all the others aren't ready.with all these coaches,medical and physios why are they injured all the time? :furious:

Yes, Mackie should have picked up a second booking for persistent fouling, a number of other Oxford players should have been booked for play acting and time wasting, the number of miraculous recoveries from their players was remarkable, and that was in the first half.

More importantly O’Keefe should have scored when we were having our best spell of the match.

Three first team squad players played in the Reserves, Dyson, Ainsworth and Sarcevic. Adams was referring to Sarcevic as a player returning from injury.

There are currently four players on the injury list. I’m sure the medical team would like to find a quick way of curing broken bones but unfortunately they haven’t yet.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
SteelCannon":18r5xhwv said:
cheshiregreen":18r5xhwv said:
arrythewurzel":18r5xhwv said:
Could it just be that he was clapping the fans. How does one clap sarcastically. What does that look like. Just kicking a man whilst he’s down.

Bobby Wiliamson did. Away at Crewe he made a double substitution and fans sang "you don't know what you're doing". He applauded the GA.

I'm glad someome else remembered the Bobby Williamson at Crewe thing. Went home fuming after that. We'd lost 3-0 As I recall.

Was that not at Brighton Athletics Track?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
HC Green":3l5ty1yu said:
Steve Evans":3l5ty1yu said:

Yes, Mackie should have picked up a second booking for persistent fouling, a number of other Oxford players should have been booked for play acting and time wasting, the number of miraculous recoveries from their players was remarkable, and that was in the first half.

More importantly O’Keefe should have scored when we were having our best spell of the match.

Three first team squad players played in the Reserves, Dyson, Ainsworth and Sarcevic. Adams was referring to Sarcevic as a player returning from injury.

There are currently four players on the injury list. I’m sure the medical team would like to find a quick way of curing broken bones but unfortunately they haven’t yet.
thanks H C green

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Song'o's red card challenge wasn't clever but Mackie looked a pillock on national television with his histrionics. Learnt that in the Premiership no doubt.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Ham Green":qu8csyxn said:
Balham_Green":qu8csyxn said:
PL2 3DQ":qu8csyxn said:
I don't believe Adams' clapping gesture was sarcastic towards the fans, it's just being interpreted that way because of the situation.

But it was very odd to see Adams alone in the dug out area. The stadium was almost empty and players and officials had long gone. He was strolling around obviously gathering his thoughts and maybe taking time to compose himself before talking to that shambles that we call a team.

That all makes sense. Shambles of a team that he signed of course. What is worrying is that you stayed behind for 10 minutes to witness it. Weird

And once again he makes a snidey comment.

I've kept out of it for long enough but today I'm a little bit past caring. So here goes.

You are quite possibly the rudest, most childish, most unintelligent person that has ever used this board. You don't seem to like anybody here and judging by the growing number of people who have you on ignore, the feeling would seem to be almost universally mutual at this point. If the mods had any bollocks between them you'd have been gone long ago, yet here you are lingering like a bad fart, except at least a bad fart is occasionally funny.

I should accuse you of trolling but you literally objected to being called that, so I must assume that you have a genuine attitude problem, and for some reason rather than deal with it like a sensible human being, you've decided that we should bear the brunt of your inadequacy.

I have literally no idea why you even come here, since every single person seems to give you such displeasure. Well it ain't no bed of roses from our position either, trying to make worthwhile contributions to this site only to have YOU come along and spoil every debate with your petulant, uninsightful, witless little one-liners. We've tried putting up with your obvious anger problems, we've tried including you on in-jokes and we've tried accepting you as part of the community. At EVERY. SINGLE. POINT you have thrown it back in our faces with your tedious little digs.

Maybe it is weird watching someone for ten minutes. But do you know what's weirder? Frequenting a message board where almost every single regular sees you as an obtrusive little cretin. Why don't you go somewhere else if you hate everybody so much? You'd fit right in on ATD. Like you, they're dedicated to taking potshots at people on here, like you they're all about as charismatic as a glass of water and like you, they all seem to lack any kind of social skills.

Please just go away. You don't like us, we don't like you.

Absolutely brilliant post. Echoes my feelings precisely.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Green_Matt":2ppzdv5c said:
Song'o's red card challenge wasn't clever but Mackie looked a pillock on national television with his histrionics. Learnt that in the Premiership no doubt.

Plus a final roll into the penalty area...just for hope of a penalty.

Sep 30, 2018
Is this a post about Balham green or derek adams I'm confused. Btw you can show sarcasm when clapping by fake smiling, but I hardly think anyone caught that on camera, unless there was any fan who saw his face, and can testify to that. If we do sack Adams, whoever we get in has to deal with the problems up above and the recruitment with a small budget as well. Give Adams time!!

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1eskporj said:
Steve Evans":1eskporj said:

Clutching at straws I'm afraid. To go down the line of Oxford didn't play fair is really sounding pathetic.

Ever wondered why so many players are injured? What on earth is going on in training?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think Oxford can be blamed for bending the rules, when we were attempting to steal at least 10 yards on every single throw in we had.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Princerock":2aq5f7un said:
Green_Matt":2aq5f7un said:

Plus a final roll into the penalty area...just for hope of a penalty.
He was at it all match. Feigning injury, down at the slightest touch, picking up the ball when it was our throw in/free kick etc. Just about anything to run down the clock. He was a k*ob but got away with it.

I thought he gave us the V sign when he was booed as it was announced that he was MotM.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Never liked him.

Dislike him even more, and I think it was the single finger Bob not a V sign.

Obnoxious thick oaf!

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":2bprht92 said:
HC Green":2bprht92 said:
Steve Evans":2bprht92 said:

Clutching at straws I'm afraid. To go down the line of Oxford didn't play fair is really sounding pathetic.

Ever wondered why so many players are injured? What on earth is going on in training?

No, because footballers get injured. Most like Argyle’s get injured during matches.

May 1, 2011
IJN":tna37ruh said:
Never liked him.

Dislike him even more, and I think it was the single finger Bob not a V sign.

Obnoxious thick oaf!

Fans boo a player who worked very hard for us during his tenure at the club and he still praised the fans after. If he responded to a few fans booing him then fair enough.

Wish we had a manger who had the nous to sign a player of that quality instead of the gash he has signed this summer.