Admission price cut for Stanley game | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Admission price cut for Stanley game

Aug 10, 2006
Argyle1886":3476799h said:
I have a question for those who may know.

The ticket prices have dropped an incredible amount for the stanley game. Will us season ticket holders get a refund on the price drop? I pay Direct Debit.

Cheers,

Al'
why should you.

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":137f1gtp said:
As a ST holder I am quite happy for this particular occasion to slash the prices.

However, the animosity built up in past seasons to regular discounts for POTD should be a warning not to take the dwindlng number of ST holders for granted.

So, good as a one off, bad as regular event.

Tony

Made these exact points to Peter Ridsdale (and he agreed) last week.

It gives me a really warm glow that despite your inability to put pride to the side and join the Trust, I am able to represent your views even on a smaller issue like this. :D

Chris

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Argyle1886":3875igmh said:
LG":3875igmh said:
tobysFlag":3875igmh said:
All he wants to know is whether he can claim his money back, Not these 'witty' comebacks to say how he should let the club keep his money.. He's just asking a question, Bloody hell.. give him some slack

And you could get two chicken mayos and large chips for that money ;)
Argyle 1886 will be wanting free radio commentary next :lol:
Back onto thread...I'm chuffed to bits about the price cut. And i will probably bring both the children with me now. :thumbup:

Already got it! Wuheeeeeey! That's what being on the doll gets you :wave:

My, thank god the taxpayers pay for my 'ST' :D Else, I'd have to work to pay for it.. :doh:
Glad to hear that come saturday you won't be constantly asking for a free link to the Crawley commentary, whilst the rest of us are listening to Argyle Player. :thumbup:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Chris Webb":3w0rnmw4 said:
tonycholwell":3w0rnmw4 said:
As a ST holder I am quite happy for this particular occasion to slash the prices.

However, the animosity built up in past seasons to regular discounts for POTD should be a warning not to take the dwindlng number of ST holders for granted.

Tony

Made these exact points to Peter Ridsdale (and he agreed) last week.

It gives me a really warm glow that despite your inability to put pride to the side and join the Trust, I am able to represent your views even on a smaller issue like this. :D

Chris

Good one Chris! :-D

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The negative effect for ST holders could be off-set by a couple of simple rewards - let us in to the cup games (if we ever got one at home) for £5 or £10. Or after 10 years consecutive purchase reduce the season ticket price by 25%. Or give us a voucher for a free programme. Or agree a deal with air miles or Nectar or similar.

I think a complete rethink on ticketing is required making better use of available technology - I'm available as an advisor - I wouldn't even charge.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
tonycholwell":14di5o2b said:

That anomosity is understandable.

But no one price can fit all can it, for a purchase based on the volatility of expectation?

Just as fluctuating share prices still end in giving the same dividend to all concerned come announcement day. Though longer term investors may rightly see some gratuities.

Articulating that market reality is far from easy, where demand is principally for optimism on the whole regeneration project, and with an expectation of gratitude to the early purchasers who are key to cash flow. But cash is the king, not the early purchasers.

A

Argyle1886

LG":2qrwu17k said:
Argyle1886":2qrwu17k said:
LG":2qrwu17k said:
tobysFlag":2qrwu17k said:
All he wants to know is whether he can claim his money back, Not these 'witty' comebacks to say how he should let the club keep his money.. He's just asking a question, Bloody hell.. give him some slack

And you could get two chicken mayos and large chips for that money ;)
Argyle 1886 will be wanting free radio commentary next :lol:
Back onto thread...I'm chuffed to bits about the price cut. And i will probably bring both the children with me now. :thumbup:

Already got it! Wuheeeeeey! That's what being on the doll gets you :wave:

My, thank god the taxpayers pay for my 'ST' :D Else, I'd have to work to pay for it.. :doh:
Glad to hear that come saturday you won't be constantly asking for a free link to the Crawley commentary, whilst the rest of us are listening to Argyle Player. :thumbup:
Constantly asking? I asked once. My, you don't half exaggerate things, need no worry though. The tax you pay has gone into my bank account so I can get Argyle Player now, cheers! :thumbup:

Jan 3, 2011
I see The Herald are up to their usual high standard of getting their facts right :clap:

Reading the write up on tomorrows game i noticed in "the coming up" matches they mention the 125th anniversary game against Accrington Stanley and state "usual admission prices apply".

What more does an official club website or fans site have to do to get the message to the Herald about the reduced prices?? Hand deliver a gold envelope with it in bold capitals so somebody takes notice?

Just annoying that not so small details are missed that could greatly affect the size of crowd and atmosphere. Heres hoping they manage to correct this and run a bigger spread in the next few days!! Rant over :banghead:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Taxitony":3cmsuyxi said:
I see The Herald are up to their usual high standard of getting their facts right :clap:

Reading the write up on tomorrows game i noticed in "the coming up" matches they mention the 125th anniversary game against Accrington Stanley and state "usual admission prices apply".

What more does an official club website or fans site have to do to get the message to the Herald about the reduced prices?? Hand deliver a gold envelope with it in bold capitals so somebody takes notice?

Just annoying that not so small details are missed that could greatly affect the size of crowd and atmosphere. Heres hoping they manage to correct this and run a bigger spread in the next few days!! Rant over :banghead:
Agreed, the club and the media would be so much better off if they could only synchronise their messages once in a while.

C

Cult Of Personality

Annoys me alot the price cut why should us season ticket holders not get a cut price deal