Adverts | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adverts

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oldage":3apw0asd said:
IJN":3apw0asd said:
Am I being dim. Why not simply scroll just above it?

Honestly chaps I suffer none of this hovering stuff. At the bottom of the site is an advert. I donā€™t even pay attention to it. As I say I touch the screen just above it and Iā€™ve never ever clicked on it by accident.
You have to click the cross for the advert to disappear and it then reappears within seconds. Happens each time you read a post.

Do you? I don't have to. OR am I being a bit thick here.

Have a look.

rtauKgZ.mp4

Jan 2, 2010
oldage":sgo9vmez said:
IJN":sgo9vmez said:

Honestly chaps I suffer none of this hovering stuff. At the bottom of the site is an advert. I donā€™t even pay attention to it. As I say I touch the screen just above it and Iā€™ve never ever clicked on it by accident.
You have to click the cross for the advert to disappear and it then reappears within seconds. Happens each time you read a post.

This reply is sponsored by www.welcometothe21stcentury.co.uk/weallhavetodealwithit
Please visit our site where one of our agents will giggle at your complaint.

Jul 12, 2016
Shadowknight":35o3z3qf said:
oldage":35o3z3qf said:
IJN":35o3z3qf said:

This reply is sponsored by http://www.welcometothe21stcentury.co.u ... dealwithit
Please visit our site where one of our agents will giggle at your complaint.
Instead of sarcasm maybe you could give help with your superior knowledge.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
mervyn":38hbl02e said:
I donā€™t understand. There is just one ad at the bottom of the screen which doesnā€™t interfere with the main screen. Very easy to ignore. Why is that a problem?

Whilst that's true on a PC, it does take up rather more of the screen if using a phone and in that respect I can see why some people might find it a problem, particularly with a landing page where initially pretty much the whole page is adverts until you scroll and it's quite easy to click an ad by accident. Personally I don't find it too much of an issue but I can imagine someone less dextrous might.

warney":1do68b3x said:
mervyn":1do68b3x said:
I donā€™t understand. There is just one ad at the bottom of the screen which doesnā€™t interfere with the main screen. Very easy to ignore. Why is that a problem?

Whilst that's true on a PC, it does take up rather more of the screen if using a phone and in that respect I can see why some people might find it a problem, particularly with a landing page where initially pretty much the whole page is adverts until you scroll and it's quite easy to click an ad by accident. Personally I don't find it too much of an issue but I can imagine someone less dextrous might.

Aah. Thanks.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I still don't get it. As by my little video above, if that IS what's annoying people I don't understand their annoyance IF it's something else, please let me know.

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
edengreen":kthfkk8q said:
Or use an adblocker you dont get any then ! Everyone's a winner site gets money and you dont get any annoying ads !
Could you recommend one that works then. I've tried four so far and they're little better than useless.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1r2ijy7l said:
I still don't get it. As by my little video above, if that IS what's annoying people I don't understand their annoyance IF it's something else, please let me know.

The thing is, with the number of different devices that might be used and then multiplied by the number of different operating systems that might be used, viewers don't necessarily get the same layout. It might look okay for you but that doesn't guarantee that it is the same for others. Your video (which doesn't play on my PC but does on iPhone and iPad) demonstrates that your layout of PASOTI differs slightly to anything I get.

I have sympathy with anyone who, on opening a page gets a screen comprising of the top banner, the bottom advert and a QWERTY keyboard because the bit that they actually want to read is reduced to a narrow band across the middle.

Aug 5, 2016
IJN":2ygf60hb said:

I am on a PC now where that is possible, but on my Android phone, the advert scrolls up and takes up about a third of the screen wherever you scroll. The facility to reply to a post is at the bottom of the screen, as is the pop up keyboard which makes for a very congested area with that advert, borderline unusable at times. As oldage says, some are bizarre adverts entirely in mandarin, and when you click the cross to get rid of it, it reappears in 5 seconds. You will click the adverts by mistake because they hover just over the screen just as you are typing or pressing submit, making using the site quite frustrating.

As for the person who says #welcometothe21stcentury, I haven't found any other website (in any century) except maybe the Plymouth Herald quite as irritating, and I haven't used that website for years because of it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks Knibby.

I'll take a screenshot of your post and pass it off to Snackmeida and see what they have to say.

Jan 2, 2010
Knibbsworth":jeoa47qy said:
As for the person who says #welcometothe21stcentury, I haven't found any other website (in any century) except maybe the Plymouth Herald quite as irritating, and I haven't used that website for years because of it.

I use this, and several fora for home brewing, webcomics, etc., and all use some form of advertising to generate money to keep them free.

Pasoti might not be the best for it, but its certainly not the worst. Some don't even restrict the type of adverts.