Adverts | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adverts

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We're going to reduce the size of the top header, reduce the size of the top adverts and also remove the fixed Argyle Archive banned and see how we go from there. :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2016
For me the bottom banner is the real pest, much more than the top one (which at least are local businesses).

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":2awn5zrd said:
For me the bottom banner is the real pest, much more than the top one (which at least are local businesses).
I agree. As I am texting this post there is an advert sponsored by Consejosy Trucos, Spanish? between my text and the keyboard.

Mar 1, 2008
Knibbsworth":zm2bnhxg said:
xmastree":zm2bnhxg said:
And why not?

Because it is overkill. They literally get in the way. It isn't just an advert, it is a nuisance. I have clicked them about 100 times by mistake because the bar steward thing hovers over my screen keypad. Is that what it takes to get a click now?

What other adverts in life are so intrusive?

Agreed, they are annoying. :thumbdown:

Please can the mods investigate a less intrusive way of advertising.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This has nothing to do with the Mods. This is down to me and David Gadd.

Rest assured though, that's exactly what we are doing and it's one hell of a balancing act.

The large one at the top has now been reduced. Which is a step forward. Plus it's very much work in progress.

The crazy thing is, it only affects a tiny proportion of our membership but there seems to be no pattern as to why only certain people are affected by it.

<Insert scratchy head emoji>

Jul 12, 2016
Strangely the larger adverts at the top are nowhere near as obtrusive as the smaller ones at the bottom.The latest ad sponsored by @tcindex actually appears within the text box.
Not trying to rub it in but trying to be helpful!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Does everyone get a pop up advert at the bottom of their mobile screen that shows 5 women’s legs in different positions?
The words supporting this advert are in Spanish.
I don’t understand how any Spanish firm can benefit from an advertisement like this on an English website.
It is so frustrating and it seems to have been popping up for months.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
davie nine":ik91vxzm said:
Cheshire
At least, I am not the only one. When this thread started, I was expecting someone else to mention it.

I get that all the time.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Boohoo! How come I’m missing out I’m using my iPhone and only get 3 pairs of legs, B,C&D :furious:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Tap on it and you’ll find another 2 pairs of legs and some text in Spanish that, I assume, has some relation to the position of the legs.