Adverts | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adverts

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":1sqhnpf0 said:
IJN":1sqhnpf0 said:
Am I being dim. Why not simply scroll just above it?

Honestly chaps I suffer none of this hovering stuff. At the bottom of the site is an advert. I don’t even pay attention to it. As I say I touch the screen just above it and I’ve never ever clicked on it by accident.

I am on a PC now where that is possible, but on my Android phone, the advert scrolls up and takes up about a third of the screen wherever you scroll. The facility to reply to a post is at the bottom of the screen, as is the pop up keyboard which makes for a very congested area with that advert, borderline unusable at times. As oldage says, some are bizarre adverts entirely in mandarin, and when you click the cross to get rid of it, it reappears in 5 seconds. You will click the adverts by mistake because they hover just over the screen just as you are typing or pressing submit, making using the site quite frustrating.

As for the person who says #welcometothe21stcentury, I haven't found any other website (in any century) except maybe the Plymouth Herald quite as irritating, and I haven't used that website for years because of it.
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.Thanks for your support.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's hard to understand when you don't witness it Oldy.

We'll sort this somehow. :thumbup:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I don't know if the type of phone makes a difference but I have a Samsung S9 and the only advert I get is the one at the bottom of the screen which has no impact on my viewing or posting.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I use an Adblocker called block bear and don’t see a single advert.

If there’s an issue try doing something about it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Using an Adblocker basically means you get this site for free! Not that I'm being precious about it.

I've just got an answer back from Snack Media and sounds hopeful.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for flagging. I'll look to make a couple of changes.

Let me know folks. :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A tweak has been made tonight. Any noticeable difference lads?

<Cross fingers>

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I understand why the ads are there and they don't really bother me sometimes I get a reminder of something I was looking at on ebay or amazon so a bonus

Be thankful the ads aren't like Plymouth Live.. where you csnt even read a line of text

Aug 5, 2005
IJN":mjvh2e3t said:
A tweak has been made tonight. Any noticeable difference lads?

<Cross fingers>

No good for me Ian. My landing page is advert, advert, advert.

I'm happy to send over a screenshot if you let me have a WhatsApp or email address

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I use an iPad and iPhone and the only adverts I ever see are in a banner at the top of the page for stuff I’ve recently searched for. Currently, it’s Conway Stewart pens! No problem at all with pop ups or anything like that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We’ve said no to pop ups. BIG money but a definite no no on Pasoti.