Adverts | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adverts

Jun 27, 2019
It's like they think you're going to be so impressed with their amazingly eye-catching ad that you'll rush straight out and buy their product. All this particular ad has achieved is to ensure I will never, ever buy a Microsoft bloody Surface!

Jul 29, 2010
cheshiregreen":7uteqp4p said:
Any other android phone users getting the Microsoft surface pro advert?

It annoyingly appears around all 4 borders and then recedes and it seems it's only at this point you can close it and actually opening a board on Pasoti.

Yeah, wow, 'kin annoying or what :thumbdown:

User experience is greatly compromised by all this SPAM. Shame, it used to be such an uncomplicated experience did PASOTI :sad:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A couple of comments. I have passed this advert to the techies to see what can be done.

I answer to X’s comment, it should be remembered that on the golden days we all looked at this site from a PC probably not even a laptop.

Now we have iPads, iPhones, androids etc etc.

Bear with us, we DO say no to a load of adverts which could earn us a lot of money but we keep it to a minimum to allow us to cover all costs of this site.

Remember the days when Pasoti used to slow down to standstill during match days and nights? I do. No longer as our advertisers allow us to have massive servers and bandwidth to allow full strength coverage.

As I say we are on it, and hope it can be sorted.

Jul 29, 2010
I also remember a time when all weekend football games were played on a Saturday at 3pm, when there was no VAR, when there wasn't a three foot illuminated advertising hoarding scrolling round pitches taking your eye off the game, when players had sensible haircuts and weren't all inked up like a 'kin Jackson Pollack. I remember when football boots came in any colour you like as long as it was black and I remember when players could actually tackle each other, when gamesmanship was frowned upon and when the last rule changes were decades ago not minutes ago.

Like lipstick on a pig much we are now subjected to these days was dressed up as progress when it was introduced. But how much more enjoyment does it bring?

At no point when I used to wait for the site to come back up all those years ago did I think to myself "I would trade this for a psycadellic flashing orange boarder round the screen, if only if the face of the Pope or Sean Connery was on this screen, if only I could see a graphic of various ladies leg posture options in Spanish, if only I could live with the constant jeopardy of being just one 'fat finger' click away to being taken to a link on bacterial vaginosis".

But hey, that's progress I guess :roll:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've never hanker for rickets, single glazing and wearing mackintoshes but I know what you mean.

Luckily there does seem to be a fault and it should be rectified within 24 hours.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've been told that the offending advert has been 'repaired' can those that saw it, report back please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You may need to clear your cache lads.

Or at least give it a few hours.