Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 33 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Oct 16, 2016
oddball":1ijz05tq said:
Shankster":1ijz05tq said:
Alex":1ijz05tq said:
is there any other option but for him to stay? we don't have the finances to get rid. the board seem to bury their heads in the sand with him and focus on the grandstand, whilst we, the fans, become completely disillusioned with it all. its not like he had zero finance in the summer...these players, every single one of them, are his signingsd. its simply not good enough. he will take us down, which will be a big blip on his ego and CV. This will hurt him more than anything else.

Smashing comment, he will take the club down and that will be his legacy

If that were to happen and the club got relegated Adams would still be here and the board would still be supporting him....
Certainly don’t doubt it, well meaning however clueless board

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenArmy1984":kzhly7o4 said:
I see transfer Budget talks soon according the Plymouth Herald ( Plymouth Live )

Who in their right mind would give Adams even enough money to buy a packet of smarties after the absolute mess he made of recruitment over the summer?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Bristol Rich":ydg6nu6q said:
The worry about yesterday us not the defeat in itself it's the fact that the players were not giving themselves anywhere near 100% for the team or the manager.

Agree, manager's lost the dressing room.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
up_the_line":33cnyv1o said:
GreenArmy1984":33cnyv1o said:
I see transfer Budget talks soon according the Plymouth Herald ( Plymouth Live )

Who in their right mind would give Adams even enough money to buy a packet of smarties after the absolute mess he made of recruitment over the summer?

Yeah he had no money to spend. Would be completely different if he had say £5million to spend.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Quintrell_Green":3gc0p029 said:
r4h4al":3gc0p029 said:
Bristol Rich":3gc0p029 said:
The worry about yesterday us not the defeat in itself it's the fact that the players were not giving themselves anywhere near 100% for the team or the manager.

If you go back through the web-site that argument has been projected before, only for the team to play really competitively in the next game.
It is a strange old business, which defies logic. I just wonder whether a number of players are too comfortable in their selection because of a lack of really competitive alternatives, despite the increase in personnel numbers

Feb 28, 2016
Andy Holland":bupwwsju said:
RochdaleGreen":bupwwsju said:
I don't want him to stay, but he seems to be untouchable, many people say, because of the length of his contract, which makes everything more unbearable.

Nevertheless it is clear that Adams is ruining this Club, minute by minute, and that we are going back down to the 4th division.

So please, Mr Chairman, do the maths and sack the most unlikable and incompetent manager I have experienced in my lifetime.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but that's harsh when we've had Mick Jones, Kevin Hodges, Carl Fletcher etc

All of whom were at least likeable. Hodges and Fletcher in particular, down to earth and humble, not an ounce of arrogance between those two. Adams however carries arrogance around by the hundredweight!

Feb 28, 2016
Balham_Green":3iopmbwe said:
Andy Holland":3iopmbwe said:
RochdaleGreen":3iopmbwe said:
I don't want him to stay, but he seems to be untouchable, many people say, because of the length of his contract, which makes everything more unbearable.

Nevertheless it is clear that Adams is ruining this Club, minute by minute, and that we are going back down to the 4th division.

So please, Mr Chairman, do the maths and sack the most unlikable and incompetent manager I have experienced in my lifetime.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but that's harsh when we've had Mick Jones, Kevin Hodges, Carl Fletcher etc

Come on Williamson was worse than all those. None of them had any money to spend.

At least Bobby liked a drink! There was a human side to him. Had the difficult job of stepping into a popular managers’ shoes and took an unjust amount of stick. Adams on the other hand has Sheridan to compare/contrast with, in the like-ability stakes. Surprised to find my self say this but I think Shez just about edges it for me. That says more about my dislike for Adams’ than my love of Sheridan!

Sep 6, 2006
MarkMatthews":rv1sasdm said:
Balham_Green":rv1sasdm said:
Andy Holland":rv1sasdm said:
RochdaleGreen":rv1sasdm said:

Come on Williamson was worse than all those. None of them had any money to spend.

At least Bobby liked a drink! There was a human side to him. Had the difficult job of stepping into a popular managers’ shoes and took an unjust amount of stick. Adams on the other hand has Sheridan to compare/contrast with, in the like-ability stakes. Surprised to find my self say this but I think Shez just about edges it for me. That says more about my dislike for Adams’ than my love of Sheridan!

I didn't meet Sheridan but those that did at PASALB event said he was very open and engaging.

Also I think he would keep us up now!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quintrell_Green":27kaf7aw said:
Quintrell_Green":27kaf7aw said:
r4h4al":27kaf7aw said:
Bristol Rich":27kaf7aw said:

If you go back through the web-site that argument has been projected before, only for the team to play really competitively in the next game.
It is a strange old business, which defies logic. I just wonder whether a number of players are too comfortable in their selection because of a lack of really competitive alternatives, despite the increase in personnel numbers

I’m nearing the end in supporting Adams, the next couple of results are crucial to me but I do believe that it was the players rather than the manager than are mostly to blame for the shameful Luton performance..

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1nhlj8mw said:
Quintrell_Green":1nhlj8mw said:
Quintrell_Green":1nhlj8mw said:
r4h4al":1nhlj8mw said:
Bristol Rich":1nhlj8mw said:

I’m nearing the end in supporting Adams, the next couple of results are crucial to me but I do believe that it was the players rather than the manager than are mostly to blame for the shameful Luton performance..

You were Adams out a few weeks ago!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
MarkMatthews":2cp0gamz said:
Balham_Green":2cp0gamz said:
Andy Holland":2cp0gamz said:
RochdaleGreen":2cp0gamz said:

Liked a drink? Since when is that a characteristic of a good manager?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
MarkMatthews":16d7m8ff said:
Andy Holland":16d7m8ff said:
RochdaleGreen":16d7m8ff said:

All of whom were at least likeable. Hodges and Fletcher in particular, down to earth and humble, not an ounce of arrogance between those two. Adams however carries arrogance around by the hundredweight!

You really do not need to be popular to be effective provided you are recognised for your leadership and ability. I had a superior once, who had intermittent entries in his desk diary 'Bollock the staff'. When he returned from holiday, I asked him what the entry was all about. He told me that it was his method of keeping everybody on their toes. The guy in question became a very successful Director. Perhaps DA is not bollocking the players enough! I do not however understand where it is going wrong with the team, but is the squad really good enough because of a lack of quality in last summer's signings?