Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
MarkMatthews":25g3239j said:
Balham_Green":25g3239j said:
Andy Holland":25g3239j said:
RochdaleGreen":25g3239j said:
I don't want him to stay, but he seems to be untouchable, many people say, because of the length of his contract, which makes everything more unbearable.

Nevertheless it is clear that Adams is ruining this Club, minute by minute, and that we are going back down to the 4th division.

So please, Mr Chairman, do the maths and sack the most unlikable and incompetent manager I have experienced in my lifetime.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but that's harsh when we've had Mick Jones, Kevin Hodges, Carl Fletcher etc

Come on Williamson was worse than all those. None of them had any money to spend.

At least Bobby liked a drink! There was a human side to him. Had the difficult job of stepping into a popular managers’ shoes and took an unjust amount of stick. Adams on the other hand has Sheridan to compare/contrast with, in the like-ability stakes. Surprised to find my self say this but I think Shez just about edges it for me. That says more about my dislike for Adams’ than my love of Sheridan!

Umm, what? Bobby liked a drink so there was a human side to him?!!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I can't see Adams going anywhere soon he got us into this mess producing as I have said previously the poorest Argyle team I have seen, the summer signings have not improved the team he seems to have gone for quantity over quality.

The back four is so fragile, any keeper playing behind them would have a problem, the midfield are non existent upfront we are missing Taylor to hold the ball for the support players to link up, the way DA wants the team to play this is a key position Ladapo is not that type of player.

We have just got to hope Adams can get these players to start producing good enough football to keep us in this league.

January is going to be a critical period for this team, DA and his scouting team have got to get it right.

At present we are looking like a Micky Mouse football club some how we have got to get the heart and soul back into this club.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
RochdaleGreen":exsmkcq8 said:
Nevertheless it is clear that Adams is ruining this Club, minute by minute, and that we are going back down to the 4th division.

So please, Mr Chairman, do the maths and sack the most unlikable and incompetent manager I have experienced in my lifetime.

There's clearly a genuine debate to be had about the strengths and weaknesses of Derek Adams, but this sort of post is completely moronic.

Whether you want a change or not, it's not possible to have the career achievements, win percentage and promotions that DA has, if you're incompetent.

Again, everyone was pretty happy with the last four performances before the weekend, and now suddenly we're hopeless again? The Fleetwood and Shrewsbury games will give us a truer reflection of where we're at and if we've really got over the bad start.

The Oxford game was similarly appalling from a performance point of view, and that preceded a good run of form.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Biggs":1i4h64dm said:
RochdaleGreen":1i4h64dm said:

There's clearly a genuine debate to be had about the strengths and weaknesses of Derek Adams, but this sort of post is completely moronic.

Whether you want a change or not, it's not possible to have the career achievements, win percentage and promotions that DA has, if you're incompetent.

Biggs, you seem pretty much in the ‘Adams in’ camp. Is that based on what he’s achieved to date or do you think he will come good?

Not knocking you for it, just trying to understand what the ‘remainers’ are thinking.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Tugboat":2hqhvdtu said:
Biggs":2hqhvdtu said:
RochdaleGreen":2hqhvdtu said:

Biggs, you seem pretty much in the ‘Adams in’ camp. Is that based on what he’s achieved to date or do you think he will come good?

Not knocking you for it, just trying to understand what the ‘remainers’ are thinking.

I as a 'remainer' believe stability is a key to any club through the highs and lows. We've had a few highs with Adams and we've had some lows, but this is a guy who cares and seems to pour his heart into the club. It's not working out so well at this very moment, but he's shown me enough to give me the belief that he's still the right man to lead this club forward. I'm a bit sick of the sacking culture in football these days and am actually quite proud that our club is bucking the trend.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugs :thumbup:

My feeling is that we HAD turned a corner with good wins v Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and we just had a nightmare day at the office at a team who regularly blow visitors away. I could of course be completely incorrect, so we'll see against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury. it's natural to be extremely depressed and angry after a loss like that in the position we're in.

Adams teams are certainly hot or cold, when they're hot they're hot and when they're cold they're really cold. The big home defeats in the promotion season, for example. But we know that they recover well and for sustained periods, so I'm not particularly worried. There's not a historical basis in Adams career in Scotland or Argyle for teams to completely collapse, but there is plenty of evidence for getting back off the canvas and getting it right, and often spectacularly so (last season, and even in the recent big wins).

Anyway... regardless of whether you're Adams In or Out, statements like he hates the club, or is ruining the club, incompetent, a clown etc etc are just ridiculous. Surely we can have a sensible discussion without wild exaggerations?

Sep 6, 2006
jespafc":2zug8jpi said:
Tugboat":2zug8jpi said:
Biggs":2zug8jpi said:
RochdaleGreen":2zug8jpi said:

I as a 'remainer' believe stability is a key to any club through the highs and lows. We've had a few highs with Adams and we've had some lows, but this is a guy who cares and seems to pour his heart into the club. It's not working out so well at this very moment, but he's shown me enough to give me the belief that he's still the right man to lead this club forward. I'm a bit sick of the sacking culture in football these days and am actually quite proud that our club is bucking the trend.

I hope you will still feel proud if we go down. Did you feel proud on Saturday of being outclassed by a Mickey mouse club?. Perhaps you weren't there.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Biggs":2eb6e8y5 said:
My feeling is that we HAD turned a corner with good wins v Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and we just had a nightmare day at the office at a team who regularly blow visitors away. I could have course be completely incorrect, so we'll see against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury. it's natural to be extremely depressed and angry after a loss like that in the position we're in.

I'm thinking this too, Luton have a history in the last couple of years of scoring 5/6/7 at home. We had a nightmare first half and the game was gone.

The next few days are huge, 4 points against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury and it suddenly starts to look better again.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Balham_Green":2c0vrk6j said:
jespafc":2c0vrk6j said:
Tugboat":2c0vrk6j said:
Biggs":2c0vrk6j said:
RochdaleGreen":2c0vrk6j said:

I hope you will feel still proud if we go down. Did you feel proud on Saturday of being outclassed by a Mickey mouse club?. Perhaps you weren't there.

If Luton are Mickley Mouse then so are we. I hate to break that to you.

I wasn't there no. I was at Torquay watching a decent game. That's the thing about football, there are good days and bad. You seem to relish the bad. Good on ya, enjoy.

S

spotted monkey

Balham_Green":2y7nah1d said:
jespafc":2y7nah1d said:
Tugboat":2y7nah1d said:
Biggs":2y7nah1d said:
RochdaleGreen":2y7nah1d said:

I hope you will feel still proud if we go down. Did you feel proud on Saturday of being outclassed by a Mickey mouse club?. Perhaps you weren't there.

Micky Mouse club? OK, we're all seething at the way we capitulated at Luton but let's not insult a club which has been through the ringer big time over the last ten years after being stitched up by the FA and FL for financial irregularities from previous owners and which has turned itself around to be in the position it now is as a contender for a second successive promotion, a situation we would give our right arms for at Home Park.

We could learn massively from what they at Luton have achieved over the last few seasons.

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":1up27l54 said:
Biggs":1up27l54 said:
RochdaleGreen":1up27l54 said:

'Come good'?

Which of Adams's season finishes have been an abject failure that he should be grateful the board didn't sack him over?

We were a midtable League Two side when he took over, you're over stretching a bit to imply he's a manager in rapid decline.

Aug 11, 2013
Jespafc sums up my feelings in his post:
"I as a 'remainer' believe stability is a key to any club through the highs and lows. We've had a few highs with Adams and we've had some lows, but this is a guy who cares and seems to pour his heart into the club. It's not working out so well at this very moment, but he's shown me enough to give me the belief that he's still the right man to lead this club forward. I'm a bit sick of the sacking culture in football these days and am actually quite proud that our club is bucking the trend."

I couldn't have put it better.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbs, he blew promotion, then sabotaged our league title win, before denying us a play-off place last season.

If only he wasn’t the manager, we’d be in the Championship now.

(Am I doing this right?)

Aug 11, 2013
I would also say to those who want Adams sacked that we could consider the last time we were in this predicament under Paul Sturrock and Mariner came into replace him. Would we have stayed up under PS - We'll never know. These are massive decisions that you need to make with a cool head and divorced from emotions.