Argyle at Charlton - match day thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle at Charlton - match day thread

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
So Adams was the messiah last season but suddenly he’s terrible? He’s signed players nobody else wanted because it’s the best we can afford.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Finding his team?

Well maybe but perhaps by chance.

We finished with a back four of Smith-brown Edwards P Grant and Wylde. This was as result of injuries but would like views on performance of those today especially as Grant has not been considered good enough to be in the match squad before.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":1dhogp55 said:
PilgrimLew":1dhogp55 said:
This is not Adams fault, this is what happens when the manager consistently isn’t backed in the transfer window. Comes to something when teams in league two and the conference have better budgets.

I think he's been backed to the hilt. He's made the budget calls to make the help balance the books. Sadly the judgement on new players has waned this window, and has rapidly declined since he bought in Sarcevic and Taylor, which was when we were still in L2. Out of 2017s Summer window only Lamerias has been a qualified success. From 2018 window Ladapo may be rated by many but I see a lot of effort without great output. Unless I'm missing something???????
backed to the hilt when we can’t afford to give sonny Bradley league 1 wages? What do you think the new signings are being paid?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
PilgrimLew":1xn6736b said:
So Adams was the messiah last season but suddenly he’s terrible? He’s signed players nobody else wanted because it’s the best we can afford.

No, He's signed players that aren't good enough - there is a difference.

Sep 25, 2010
PilgrimLew":2rsf12l7 said:
nick_PASTIE":2rsf12l7 said:
PilgrimLew":2rsf12l7 said:
This is not Adams fault, this is what happens when the manager consistently isn’t backed in the transfer window. Comes to something when teams in league two and the conference have better budgets.

I think he's been backed to the hilt. He's made the budget calls to make the help balance the books. Sadly the judgement on new players has waned this window, and has rapidly declined since he bought in Sarcevic and Taylor, which was when we were still in L2. Out of 2017s Summer window only Lamerias has been a qualified success. From 2018 window Ladapo may be rated by many but I see a lot of effort without great output. Unless I'm missing something???????
backed to the hilt when we can’t afford to give sonny Bradley league 1 wages? What do you think the new signings are being paid?

Look, forget Bradley he has gone,

You do not know, what Bradley was offered, and never will. It is all guess work.

Mar 14, 2009
We had a go today. Tried to be more attacking. That’s a positive.

Will he do this in the next game, or the one after that etc.... or will he revert back to type?

He created this mess by the players he brought in and the negative way we approach games.

It’s down to him to prove he can change his ways.

I’d give him the season. If we get relegated he should do the honourable thing and resign. I don’t think he would though.

People are upset and annoyed because of results. I’m more annoyed at the way we approach games. Had we started the season with a more attack minded team, like today, l wouldn’t be so harsh on Adams.

However, is today him proving he can and will change? Or was it desperation?

May 1, 2011
PilgrimLew":n5tuuhcr said:
nick_PASTIE":n5tuuhcr said:
PilgrimLew":n5tuuhcr said:

The desperation to shield Adams from any criticism is beyond embarassing. Get a grip man.

1 win in 15. Face the facts.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":1kjmepcb said:
PilgrimLew":1kjmepcb said:
nick_PASTIE":1kjmepcb said:
PilgrimLew":1kjmepcb said:

The desperation to shield Adams from any criticism is beyond embarassing. Get a grip man.

1 win in 15. Face the facts.
Face the fact that the players aren’t good enough because we can’t compete with what other clubs at this level are willing to pay, face the fact that even if we sack Adams and get another manager they will still have to work with these players that are not fit for this league. Face the fact that Adams has just been given a huge contract and we can’t afford to sack him.

Dec 15, 2012
The unreasonably deep defensive positioning and the benching of our most effective attacking players en masse, leads me to the conclusion....5 games possibly to save his job? That would give a however many wins/points from 20 games....in today’s game, enough matches for a board to get twitchy and act.

Today may have been a bit better, but the trend continues.

The pressure mounts....

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Wylde replaced Sawyer, the commentators did not notice and kept calling Wylde, Sawyer, even though it was clear that it was Wylde, anyway I thought Wylde played reasonably well at full back.

Ottawa Green":1yx5q09n said:
Wylde replaced Sawyer, the commentators did not notice and kept calling Wylde, Sawyer, even though it was clear that it was Wylde, anyway I thought Wylde played reasonably well at full back.

The fella commentating with Gritton said "Ramerias" numerous times too. Clueless.... absolutely clueless!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
PilgrimLew":26s0gsb5 said:
... and we can’t afford to sack him.

Rapidly approaching the point where we can't afford not to.

The players he has signed are not playing well in the formation and to the tactics that Adam desires - different tactics and formation - who knows?