Argyle at Charlton - match day thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle at Charlton - match day thread

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Have we the lowest budget in the league,sounds like no,so I presume other clubs cant pay as much as us to get players in but still manage to be above us,so there's something amiss.

Feb 15, 2005
How do Accrington FFS manage to win games and be above us? Surely we are a more attractive team to play for or do they pay better than us on gates of 2k

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ottawa Green":14r8rvjv said:
Wylde replaced Sawyer, the commentators did not notice and kept calling Wylde, Sawyer, even though it was clear that it was Wylde, anyway I thought Wylde played reasonably well at full back.
"

The match day commentary was pretty poor in that they were not keeping up with play.Said that Edwards had been subbed when it was Wooton and as you say completely missed Sawyer....Hey Ho....

Jan 27, 2012
I think Adams needs to revert to last seasons winning formula and play Fox, Taylor etc assuming he is fit.

Then in January they need to find the budget to bring some quality here instead of doing everything on a shoestring- two decent centre backs are needed. Maybe Hallett will loosen the purse strings a bit more than Brent would.

Do that and Argyle might survive.

Apr 5, 2008
Only about 1000 Argyle there,where has our support gone from last game at Chzrlton when their were 3000 ,fans look like they are given up on the team :sad:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
buck197":vzrkd3uq said:
How do Accrington FFS manage to win games and be above us? Surely we are a more attractive team to play for or do they pay better than us on gates of 2k

We should be, but... players don’t have to relocate to play for them, and I wouldn’t be surprised if their day to day facilities are more pleasant than ours (which obviously changes when the grandstand is done).

The combination of huge relocation and doing your job in 1950s facilities isn’t exactly alluring is it?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
moles40":qyqnqdkp said:
Only about 1000 Argyle there,where has our support gone from last game at Chzrlton when their were 3000 ,fans look like they are given up on the team :sad:

That's still a pretty good effort. There aren't many League 1 teams who would take 1,000 fans on a 400 mile round trip having not won a game for five months.

May 1, 2011
PilgrimLew":1dtil978 said:
Bristol Rich":1dtil978 said:
nick_PASTIE":1dtil978 said:
This is not Adams fault, this is what happens when the manager consistently isn’t backed in the transfer window. Comes to something when teams in league two and the conference have better budgets.

I think he's been backed to the hilt. He's made the budget calls to make the help balance the books. Sadly the judgement on new players has waned this window, and has rapidly declined since he bought in Sarcevic and Taylor, which was when we were still in L2. Out of 2017s Summer window only Lamerias has been a qualified success. From 2018 window Ladapo may be rated by many but I see a lot of effort without great output. Unless I'm missing something???????
backed to the hilt when we can’t afford to give sonny Bradley league 1 wages? What do you think the new signings are being paid?

The desperation to shield Adams from any criticism is beyond embarassing. Get a grip man.

1 win in 15. Face the facts.
Face the fact that the players aren’t good enough because we can’t compete with what other clubs at this level are willing to pay, face the fact that even if we sack Adams and get another manager they will still have to work with these players that are not fit for this league. Face the fact that Adams has just been given a huge contract and we can’t afford to sack him.

It's cringeworthy how you will look for any excuse to prevent criticism of Adams.

If our budget is small, which by the way you have no proof of either way why do we need a squad of 25 and in Adam's word 2 players for position? A bit more quality and less quantity might have been better idea.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":11on2mtp said:
PilgrimLew":11on2mtp said:
Bristol Rich":11on2mtp said:
nick_PASTIE":11on2mtp said:
This is not Adams fault, this is what happens when the manager consistently isn’t backed in the transfer window. Comes to something when teams in league two and the conference have better budgets.

I think he's been backed to the hilt. He's made the budget calls to make the help balance the books. Sadly the judgement on new players has waned this window, and has rapidly declined since he bought in Sarcevic and Taylor, which was when we were still in L2. Out of 2017s Summer window only Lamerias has been a qualified success. From 2018 window Ladapo may be rated by many but I see a lot of effort without great output. Unless I'm missing something???????
backed to the hilt when we can’t afford to give sonny Bradley league 1 wages? What do you think the new signings are being paid?

The desperation to shield Adams from any criticism is beyond embarassing. Get a grip man.

1 win in 15. Face the facts.
Face the fact that the players aren’t good enough because we can’t compete with what other clubs at this level are willing to pay, face the fact that even if we sack Adams and get another manager they will still have to work with these players that are not fit for this league. Face the fact that Adams has just been given a huge contract and we can’t afford to sack him.

It's cringeworthy how you will look for any excuse to prevent criticism of Adams.

If our budget is small, which by the way you have no proof of either way why do we need a squad of 25 and in Adam's word 2 players for position? A bit more quality and less quantity might have been better idea.

Last year the problem was lack of depth in the squad, injuries mounted up and there wasn't suitable cover. This year we have a large enough squad, but thinner on quality. Some middle ground needs to be found.

Jan 6, 2004
Brussels Bureaucrat":hot56sy2 said:
moles40":hot56sy2 said:

That's still a pretty good effort. There aren't many League 1 teams who would take 1,000 fans on a 400 mile round trip having not won a game for five months.

Most argyle fans there did not make a 400 mile round trip - most will have been based in the South East

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":21l1j5yx said:
PilgrimLew":21l1j5yx said:

Oh please!! Its all down to DA.

Totally agree, it’s his team .. he’s got a mid table budget.. it’s totally his fault the fact we’re bottom.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i only read about the match but i give huge credit to the players and derek.three defensive injuries including our captain and we unluckily lost.i am backing derek to still get us promoted.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Steve Evans":14a47uha said:
i only read about the match but i give huge credit to the players and derek.three defensive injuries including our captain and we unluckily lost.i am backing derek to still get us promoted.

:funny: No way. Stay up maybe but we're not getting promoted. The start's been too bad for that surely.