Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan)

Mar 8, 2016
Guiri Green":1qywsu3s said:
I doubt there's a club anywhere that wouldn't want extra investment !

Exactly. I’m all for extra investment but I definitely wouldn’t want to see anyone take over full control from the Halletts.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I won't hear a bad word said about the Mail.
It's soft, absorbent and one copy can line the cat's litter tray for weeks on end.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Keepitgreen":3epvprov said:
The Doctor":3epvprov said:
Hull and Ipswich I get although both would be a lot more expensive to buy into that Argyle I expect, but Shrewsbury? That’s an odd one.
If Wrexham can attract 2 Hollywood actors..............................

It's all about motive though. The Wrexham purchase is a relatively inexpensive way of tapping into the sports docuseries market which is at an absolute boom.

The expectations of investment/success with Hull, Ipswich or Shrews is very different. I thought Ipswich had just gone through a change of ownership anyway, so seems the story is a speculative page filler at best in this case.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pogleswoody":1h2phfv1 said:
It's Farnan btw.
Good mates with Kevin Blackwell. :whistle:

He is and besides Blackwell in the photo is there at least one Argyle shirt? .....Link.

Simon Hallett did say earlier this season that the £3.5m he put into the club would be his last payment.
“As I’ve said before, this will be the last cash injection from me,”
So the money from the grandstand redevelopment, which should be operating 7 days a week next season, will be crucial.
Whether that money is enough or arrives quick enough for an ambitious manager remains to be seen.
With no further cash injections from Simon Hallett will sustainability be enough to get us into the Championship without funding from elsewhere?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I would like to state that, contrary to Sparky's belief, I do not read the Daily Mail. :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Willis88":3n6uz96n said:
Well Mr Hallett ruled that out this evening.

The question wasn't put to the chairman correctly by Sparksy. He asked if there was any truth that Argyle had been approached but the story never said that any club had been approached so Simon was correct with his answer because the Daily Mail never said it had happened anyway.

The report said that Redstrike were looking at investing in football and that there are League One clubs out there who are looking for possible investors. The statement "Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth and Shrewsbury are among third-tier clubs looking for new buyers or significant investment" doesn't say that any talks have happened whatsoever with any of them.