Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":31tikfy9 said:
Willis88":31tikfy9 said:
Well Mr Hallett ruled that out this evening.

The question wasn't put to the chairman correctly by Sparksy. He asked if there was any truth that Argyle had been approached but the story never said that any club had been approached so Simon was correct with his answer because the Daily Mail never said it had happened anyway.

The report said that Redstrike were looking at investing in football and that there are League One clubs out there who are looking for possible investors. The statement "Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth and Shrewsbury are among third-tier clubs looking for new buyers or significant investment" doesn't say that any talks have happened whatsoever with any of them.
Maybe, Sparksy didn’t quite put the question correctly but Simon provided the answer that we were looking for.
He made it quite clear that PAFC is NOT ‘looking for a new buyer’ OR ‘significant investment’.
So, the article was inaccurate. I don’t know, or care, about Hull, Ipswich or Shrewsbury but I am satisfied that, as far as Argyle are concerned, it was fake journalism.

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":3psl23y2 said:
I neither buy or subscribe to any Newspaper. That's probably why I think everyone else on here is self opinionated, a bit up themselves and talk cr8p.

So how do you know what's going on? Or don't you?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Have you not heard of 24 hour news channels then BG.

I agree Guiri, old fashioned newspapers don't do it for me either. They are outdated before they're printed these days.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":qhhlyb48 said:
Guiri Green":qhhlyb48 said:
I neither buy or subscribe to any Newspaper. That's probably why I think everyone else on here is self opinionated, a bit up themselves and talk cr8p.

So how do you know what's going on? Or don't you?

Exhibit A M'lud.

German Shepherd":2ziuurck said:
If I were the manager of a large company I would be asking myself why would I shell out loads of money booking a conference facility when I could do it all for basically nowt on line now via Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.

Actually GS I expect the demand for occasional meeting facilities will increase in future. Many companies, like my sons’, have dispensed with offices entirely, or have very limited office space now, but still need conference facilities from time to time. Interesting venues, like football grounds, HMS Belfast, top of the Shard etc are often the first choice. Back in the eighties I briefly ran a company which included office time sharing with secretarial facilities in Regent Street. I guarantee they will be extremely profitable today, despite being surrounded by half empty office blocks.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
German Shepherd":18ghuptm said:
If I were the manager of a large company I would be asking myself why would I shell out loads of money booking a conference facility when I could do it all for basically nowt on line now via Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
For Conferences you have a point, but the celebratory market - birthday parties, weddings, presentation nights- probably wouldn't work so well via zoom.

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
memory man":o4pbczo4 said:
German Shepherd":o4pbczo4 said:
For Conferences you have a point, but the celebratory market - birthday parties, weddings, presentation nights- probably wouldn't work so well via zoom.

Disagree. I am a manager in a large company.

Run of the mill Team meetings can be on-line yes.
But they won’t replace Customer hospitality events, project launches, Annual
Business Plan meetings, staff incentive parties, product launches, team building events, training sessions ...

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Ah, team building events...the very phrase sends shivers of horror down my spine. The only good one I remember was paint balling where we exacted our revenge on a much loathed senior manager.

Sep 6, 2006
Old Gunner":6f2j329c said:
Ah, team building events...the very phrase sends shivers of horror down my spine. The only good one I remember was paint balling where we exacted our revenge on a much loathed senior manager.

Reminds me of 'The Office' comedy. I suspect many of these events don't need to be in person. Training for example. Employees travelling all over to attend that kind of stuff is often more about a 'jolly'. So pre 2020.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Returnofthepob":2ln86cnl said:
memory man":2ln86cnl said:
German Shepherd":2ln86cnl said:

Business Plan meetings, staff incentive parties, product launches, team building events, training sessions ...

Completely agreed.

I work for a software company and am likely to be working from home well into the new year, but I can't wait to catch up with my team in real life and we'll probably have to hire a venue to do it.

The world has changed and there will be more people working remotely, face to face events are likely to be more decentralised (away from the office and more likely nearer to where people live) and be for greater numbers of people.

If there is anyone who should be concerned it's companies who own large office blocks as I bet there are a fair few companies who are happy not to renew some or all of their lease and let their employees work from home.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Balham_Green":6rliprjc said:
Old Gunner":6rliprjc said:

Reminds me of 'The Office' comedy. I suspect many of these events don't need to be in person. Training for example. Employees travelling all over to attend that kind of stuff is often more about a 'jolly'. So pre 2020.

Very much so! It was childish really...we had all agreed to target this guy's backside because he was a pain in the a***.

Sep 6, 2006
Willis88":2k9bhdc1 said:
Returnofthepob":2k9bhdc1 said:
memory man":2k9bhdc1 said:
German Shepherd":2k9bhdc1 said:

Completely agreed.

I work for a software company and am likely to be working from home well into the new year, but I can't wait to catch up with my team in real life and we'll probably have to hire a venue to do it.

The world has changed and there will be more people working remotely, face to face events are likely to be more decentralised (away from the office and more likely nearer to where people live) and be for greater numbers of people.

If there is anyone who should be concerned it's companies who own large office blocks as I bet there are a fair few companies who are happy not to renew some or all of their lease and let their employees work from home.

And Zoom and 'Teams' is not face to face?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
ok replace face to face with in person the point still stands. (Note: To most of the universe face to face beings being there in person)

You're just being pendantic over nothing there.