Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Abbotts Ann Green":3va1903l said:
Judging by his posts on here I think there’s a pretty good chance.

Jesus, does it matter to you whether he believes some of the things he reads in a newspaper? He probably doesn’t believe some of the other stuff he reads in it too.

Concentrate on yourself rather than pick holes in others. If people did that we’d all be in a better place.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've always smiled at newspaper 'snobbery' not that I've read the Sun for about 30 years. :greensmile:

Is there such a thing as a good one then?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":ndxavwry said:
I've always smiled at newspaper 'snobbery' not that I've read the Sun for about 30 years. :greensmile:

When I use to read newspapers it was the Telegraph for the crossword and the Sun for the football. :)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":376350se said:

The i.
It has a fantastic array of puzzles each day for a start.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":1mt2c9hk said:
IJN":1mt2c9hk said:

When I use to read newspapers it was the Telegraph for the crossword and the Sun for the football. :)

I still buy the Telegraph on a Saturday: two prize crossword, motor section, gardening, travel, tv guide.

My Labour supporting mates tut at me but why do people believe that buying a right wing paper makes you right wing? I like to keep my 'enemies' close and I don't have to agree with something just cos I read it it, do I?? :crazy:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Lundan Cabbie":tanptqvt said:
Willis88":tanptqvt said:
Well Mr Hallett ruled that out this evening.

The question wasn't put to the chairman correctly by Sparksy. He asked if there was any truth that Argyle had been approached but the story never said that any club had been approached so Simon was correct with his answer because the Daily Mail never said it had happened anyway.

The report said that Redstrike were looking at investing in football and that there are League One clubs out there who are looking for possible investors. The statement "Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth and Shrewsbury are among third-tier clubs looking for new buyers or significant investment" doesn't say that any talks have happened whatsoever with any of them.

The key bit from what he said was that he wants to hand the club onto another fan who will care for it in the future.

Cant see an ex-Man U whatever he is meeting the criteria the Halletts will set.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
The online version of The Guardian for me and also the New York Times, always interesting to read how others see us. My brother apparently reads the Daily Express but his conversation seems limited to stories about Princess Diana, weather disasters and Brexit.

Sep 6, 2006
Daz":2lrj6wbw said:
Abbotts Ann Green":2lrj6wbw said:
Judging by his posts on here I think there’s a pretty good chance.

Jesus, does it matter to you whether he believes some of the things he reads in a newspaper? He probably doesn’t believe some of the other stuff he reads in it too.

Concentrate on yourself rather than pick holes in others. If people did that we’d all be in a better place.

Actually it matters a hell of a lot what people read and believe or don't. I'm surprised you don't realise that. Are you completely unaware of the huge influence media has, particularly the Murdoch right wing press, on voting intentions and consequently the type of country we live in?! Sensationalist reporting with little substance and easy answers (in a complex world) are the way the Express, Mail, Sun and yes the Mirror, operate.

May 16, 2016
I neither buy or subscribe to any Newspaper. That's probably why I think everyone else on here is self opinionated, a bit up themselves and talk cr8p.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
:eek:fft: There’s me thinking this thread was about Argyle being targeted for investment not a bleddy social study on people’s reading habits. :roll:

Feb 8, 2005
Listening to the Forum, I got the impression that Hallett does not want any further investment, and that the Club does not need any further investment. I haven't gone back over the forum but I think he even said that in a reply.

He accepts that he can only get us into the Championship and, maybe, remain there, and that is his aim in taking over the Club. This will be because of the income that the refurbished grandstand will generate in the future, and why he has spent his investment in that area in order for the Club to be sustainable in the future.

Therefore there is no need for further investment at this time (and this would also dilute his share of PAFC).

In my view, the only time anyone could put further investment into PAFC will be when Hallett sells the Club to someone (the right person) who he thinks will be able to take the Club further up the ladder.

I cannot see how we could go further without investing money into the Club in order to achieve further success. And I don't mean putting money into the playing staff per se, but investment into the Club in order to maintain future returns as well as the here and now.

As an example, if the limited capacity of the ground became a problem for the Club, with more people wanting to attend than there were seats, or standing capacity, then extra revenue would be required if phase two, or similar, were to be completed.

I don't think this will happen, the investment/return would not be a viable proposition, but I use this as an example only, to show that any further investment would need to be put towards making future returns rather than directly into the playing staff, which would be counter productive, in my opinion, although it would be lauded by us fans and would get us excited in the extreme, but it would do nothing for the sustainability of the Club, and would be money lost rather than well spent.

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves at the moment, let us just sit back and enjoy the ride, as and when the investment into the grandstand made by Hallett, comes to fruition, which it surely will in the near future, when this damned Covid gets under control.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
If I were the manager of a large company I would be asking myself why would I shell out loads of money booking a conference facility when I could do it all for basically nowt on line now via Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
German Shepherd":3gtqgdvf said:
If I were the manager of a large company I would be asking myself why would I shell out loads of money booking a conference facility when I could do it all for basically nowt on line now via Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.

As a canine you should appreciate the personal interaction which is not available electronically, have you ever tried to sniff anothers bottom on Zoom or Skype? :twisted: