Argyle confirm Ryan Lowe as manager | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle confirm Ryan Lowe as manager

May 3, 2017
Cobi Budge":21p8fmhp said:
I understand that people have different opinions and that’s the point of a forum, but I still struggle to understand how anybody can be disappointed with this appointment. Ryan Lowe is a highly rated young manager, Ryan Lowe got Bury promoted last season straight after they were relegated from L1 (aren't we in the same boat?), Ryan Lowe was renowned for creating a positive and upbeat atmosphere at Bury, he was renowned for creating a real connection with the fans, he’s even been complimented by his management style by Klopp, Benitez & Gerrard. He’s also renowned for an attacking, attractive style.

I think this is a fantastic appointment. I don’t see who could could have been better, from the list of suggested names anyway.

Spot on Cobi. The board will have done their due diligence on Lowe and made sure he was as far as possible the best fit for the job. We are a league 2 club and there is an element of risk for every managerial appointment but Ryan is an exciting young manager who clearly has ambition to work his way up the managerial ladder. I’m really excited by what the future holds on and off the pitch.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":3crfq9bg said:
Is this the first manager we've had who's name nearly spells 'Argyle' as an anagram?

Or in full .... ARgYLE WON. Surely a merchandising opportunity? :)

The missing g in Ryan Lowe is obviously a reference to the colour green. Everything is now complete!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve.PAFC2012":15z647pi said:
Plymouth85Green":15z647pi said:
Please dont jump down my neck cause I really do hope I eat my words and hope my thoughts are wrong, but I'm just not excited by Lowe.
I get the impression he doesnt actually want to manage us, doesnt want to move to the SW. The length of time it has taken to complete the contract is a huge worry and his wembley comments havent helped me at all.

I have a funny feeling he has managed to agree the contract and still reside in Manchester as well. Why isn't he in Plymouth now working at getting our 12 man squad to a competitive state and giving his first interviews to the media?

I get he played an exciting brand of football for Bury, but this was with players he played with. His friends and at the club he loves and where he lives. How will he manage being 100's miles away from home working with a tighter budget trying to sign players to Argyle who simply dont want to move south?
He will certainly need more than an attacking brand of football because we wont as fans stand for more poor defending.

Again I hope I'm wrong and pray I am, but cant shake the feeling.
Have you been hibernating for the past week and a half where it’s became common knowledge that it was the negotiating without Bury that caused the hold up?

If Lowe didn’t want to be here then he wouldn’t be.

The Bury Times report that he is moving to the southwest with his family, so until we know differently, we have to assume that is the case. Why isn’t he down here working on his squad? Well, most of the club hierarchy are still in Portugal so it seems clear that there will be an official unveiling early next week. You have no idea what plans he is already making for player recruitment and whether or not he will bring some of his squad with him. Yeah, what a lightweight he is for not discussing his plans with all the doubters on Twitter. This guy has some serious contacts in football, not least Gerrard at Rangers so I don’t think he’s sat on his arse watching Netflix this morning. Jesus!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Have to say that the Bury supporters have been different class. Total support and good wishes for Lowe and Schumacher and not a single reference to a Judas abandoning a sinking ship. I can’t hand on heart, say that would have been the same with some of the Argyle moaners if the roles had been reversed.

Very exciting times for Argyle. Let’s hope Ryan Lowe is given a bloody amazing welcome at his first home game and then supported through the early weeks of the season when he is trying to get his team set up to play how he wants. It would be great not to hear the classic 'Bleddy rubbish Argyle' as soon as they have a poor game.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":14fgb7p1 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":14fgb7p1 said:
Plymouth85Green":14fgb7p1 said:
Please dont jump down my neck cause I really do hope I eat my words and hope my thoughts are wrong, but I'm just not excited by Lowe.
I get the impression he doesnt actually want to manage us, doesnt want to move to the SW. The length of time it has taken to complete the contract is a huge worry and his wembley comments havent helped me at all.

I have a funny feeling he has managed to agree the contract and still reside in Manchester as well. Why isn't he in Plymouth now working at getting our 12 man squad to a competitive state and giving his first interviews to the media?

I get he played an exciting brand of football for Bury, but this was with players he played with. His friends and at the club he loves and where he lives. How will he manage being 100's miles away from home working with a tighter budget trying to sign players to Argyle who simply dont want to move south?
He will certainly need more than an attacking brand of football because we wont as fans stand for more poor defending.

Again I hope I'm wrong and pray I am, but cant shake the feeling.
Have you been hibernating for the past week and a half where it’s became common knowledge that it was the negotiating without Bury that caused the hold up?

If Lowe didn’t want to be here then he wouldn’t be.

The Bury Times report that he is moving to the southwest with his family, so until we know differently, we have to assume that is the case. Why isn’t he down here working on his squad? Well, most of the club hierarchy are still in Portugal so it seems clear that there will be an official unveiling early next week. You have no idea what plans he is already making for player recruitment and whether or not he will bring some of his squad with him. Yeah, what a lightweight he is for not discussing his plans with all the doubters on twitter. This guy has some serious contacts in football, not least Gerrard at Rangers so I don’t think he’s sat on his arse watching Netflix this morning. Jesus!!!

Changing your job and moving house are well up there listed as stress triggers.
Cut the guy some slack, he has to get a house, pack, move, sort out his family, schools, doctors all sorts.
Give him a few days family time eh? I'm sure that over the next few years he'll put in a lot of 'Argyle time' that some of you don't deserve to benefit from tbh!!

Long as we stay in the Football League next year then I'm happy,.. any more than that is the good old cliché .. Bonus!! . :scarf:
I'm sure success will come but difficult to achieve it yesterday FFS!!

Oct 16, 2016
This mighty reds continuous link with Argyle of late is somewhat ironic for me and rather funny too

If Argyle end up with some of the LFC youth or players from the stiffs (that’s reserves for those less knowledgeable) you’re in for a treat

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Shankster":tojfs5ss said:
This mighty reds continuous link with Argyle of late is somewhat ironic for me and rather funny too

If Argyle end up with some of the LFC youth or players from the stiffs (that’s reserves for those less knowledgeable) you’re in for a treat
Look forward to seeing you at home park wearing your half and half scarf :lol:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
pearces greens":cvywfta2 said:
Shankster":cvywfta2 said:

Look forward to seeing you at home park wearing your half and half scarf :lol:

I'm sure GA1984 will be more than happy to sell him one from his extensive collection of Argyle memoribilia.

Jan 12, 2009
Some of the things I'm reading on here :facepalm: .

Let me assure you their is a lot of work being done already, Ryan Is bringing his analyst with him and him and his team are already working on players. As I mentioned before Ryan was announced he is delighted to be here, all this nonsense of he doesn't is laughable. He's so impressed with the club and signed this deal a long time ago, weeks before the announcement.

Look forward to a good season, you will see some interviews next week im sure.

Oct 31, 2015
PAFCJames86":2uagb6uz said:

Let me assure you their is a lot of work being done already, Ryan Is bringing his analyst with him and him and his team are already working on players. As I mentioned before Ryan was announced he is delighted to be here, all this nonsense of he doesn't is laughable. He's so impressed with the club and signed this deal a long time ago, weeks before the announcement.

I'm not in the know like you but it's obvious what has been going on.

Some people are just panicking when really they should worry about other things.

DA had all his signings down up by the end of June last summer. Look how that turned out :facepalm:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PAFCJames86":2b3jnhcd said:

How long is his contract?

Jul 29, 2010
PL2 3DQ":1458938k said:
Is this the first manager we've had who's name nearly spells 'Argyle' as an anagram?

Or in full .... ARgYLE WON. Surely a merchandising opportunity? :)
Serious anagramin', no 'g' :coat:

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
So long as Lowe has us playing football and winning before Xmas I'll be happy. The last two season's starts were a shambles.
COYG :scarf: