Argyle in Administration??? | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle in Administration???

What we need is some clarity with the Board, they must have access to this website and know the fans are all talking about it. They would get a lot more respect if one of them stood up and cleared up this situation rather than leave it in the so called mess it sounds.

For all we know we could have millions in our bank but with rubbish people in charge of dishing it out!

Give us the truth and the trust from us will come.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
The interesting thing is that the fans on here believe, probably correctly, that the club is up the creek and lucky to see the next day.

The local media hint there may be a problem but are (to date) very candid and tow the line it will hopefully be overcome by those in power.

The wider media we hear nothing.

The result is only the fans who read PASOTI, or equivalent, seem to (think they) know what's going on.

The wider sporting, football and business world simply aren't aware.

No clarity; no enjoyment; possibly no football.

A

Anonymous

Tony_Flags":udckh0p4 said:

I don't agree Tony.

I can't remember any other club being mentioned in the same sentence as 'financial problems' like we did on BBC on Saturday night.

I'm they're are aware.

G

Greenskin

Tony_Flags":283bft4f said:
pontypoolgreen":283bft4f said:
I'd order an extra three pints and a loaf of bread.

From what I've heard I'd half inch the milkfloat

I'd only feel guilty about not paying if the milkman was Mike Bickle.

Apr 1, 2009
Tony_Flags":nooowurn said:

Absolutely wrong. I have spent the last week in London and Manchester. Everyone I have met through business or socially has brought it up, to the point I have dreaded meeting people. The awareness is there.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
I know nothing about what is going on at the moment.

But I'm guessing short term liquidity/cashflow is the crux of the problems we face.

Cash from gate receipts is minimal as it's mainly season ticket holders going through the turnstyles.
It's edge of seat each month to see if staff get paid.
How long can this go on?

Surely if it's not administration this month then it's only a matter of time.
We haven't got time to wait until June when we are free from about 40k-50k (at a guess) per weeks worth of financial commitment..

Is there any hope?

Do the board have the means or will to provide the regular cash injections the club needs at the moment?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
xmastree":29eqx3rj said:
Tony_Flags":29eqx3rj said:

Absolutely wrong. I have spent the last week in London and Manchester. Everyone I have met through business or socially has brought it up, to the point I have dreaded meeting people. The awareness is there.

Clearly I move in the wrong circles!!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Another topic to grill KT on next Monday.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Keepitgreen":1duk8vzw said:
Another topic to grill KT on next Monday.

If they're any good the WMN and Herald articles would have got there before you...we'll find out tomorrow!

Mar 9, 2009
Is Tom a qualified accountant? Aren't qualified accountants in trouble with their professional bodies if they are Finance Officer/Director/Controller of a company that goes into administration? So he walks before the inevitable happens and saves his future career, no-one can blame him for that - and where does that leave Stapes and his career outside football? - Don't know the answers, only asking the questions.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I cant think for the life of me why people are queueing up to buy massively in debt Brand Liverpool Soccer Franchise with it's worldwide revenue streams when they could buy Argyle and flog a couple of thousand football shirts to the locals.

Shame really I thought we would have been a household name in Japan by now with all the talent we have imported from the land of the rising yen.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Tony_Flags":34gavcx0 said:
xmastree":34gavcx0 said:
Tony_Flags":34gavcx0 said:

Clearly I move in the wrong circles!!

Most people I mention Argyle to, reply by saying 'Who are they?'

Jan 27, 2006
xmastree":3ufwlky5 said:
Tony_Flags":3ufwlky5 said:

You sure they're not getting confused with Portsmouth?