Argyle v Burton Albion match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Burton Albion match thread

Sep 6, 2006
Don't_Panic":5mjq15q1 said:
IJN":5mjq15q1 said:
People why not simply ignore the bloke rather that comment on what you think he is?

It ruins the thread to be honest. Which is a shame.

Everyone has their own opinions, why not voice them without mentioning you know who?
Fair point, or he could stop deliberating trying to wind people up. There’s differing opinions, & then there’s a bore trying to get his sad kicks.

Why don't you just challenge the opinions if you dont agree as the site owner says? That is the purpose of this site is it not? Would be bl**dy boring if everybody agreed. Why on earth would I 'want to wind people up' or get 'sad kicks' from it? That says more about you and your outlook that you think that somebody who is giving his opinions(which are different to yours) is doing that. Are you not capable of debating? Somebody else wrote 'clueless'. So say why? That is not a coherent argument/opinion.
Re the game my opinion is anybody who watched that and gets excited about beating a very poor team with lots of injuries(who have conceded 12 goals in the last 3 games!!) with the help of a shocking keeper error and possibly an offside goal is a simple soul. Look at some of the comments on the match summary thread. 'lacklustre' 'unconvincing' etc.
Sorry if all that winds you up. Perhaps you shouldn't come on here if you get so easily wound up by somebody with different opinions to your own.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s not your opinion that winds people up, it’s the rude and obnoxious way you express them and the way you belittle people who have a different opinion to yours. All you need to do is cut out the little insults that tend to be buried within a rather well thought out argument, but you just can’t do it.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
djg145":38eqpzha said:
HELP - I accidently clicked on the wrong button - trying to view todays match and have just paid ÂŁ10 - i HAVE MY CODE FOR THE MATCH - HOW DO I get my ÂŁ10 back?
Send an email to ifollow@efl.com explaining that you, inadvertently, paid ÂŁ10 for the game when you were given a promo code.

Provide them with:-
The email address that you are registered with.
The club you support.
ST Membership number.
Mobile phone number.
The match you were charged for.
The code that you were given by PAFC.

They will already have your bank details and they will, eventually, credit you but be patient.

I did this for a friend for the Blackpool game and he finally got a credit 2 days ago.

Good luck!!!

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":1rdzfj5u said:
It’s not your opinion that winds people up, it’s the rude and obnoxious way you express them and the way you belittle people who have a different opinion to yours. All you need to do is cut out the little insults that tend to be buried within a rather well thought out argument, but you just can’t do it.

You keep banging on about insults. You show me where the insults are. I note you are not so keen to address insults from others.

Dec 3, 2005
davie nine":1mu1zzec said:
djg145":1mu1zzec said:
HELP - I accidently clicked on the wrong button - trying to view todays match and have just paid ÂŁ10 - i HAVE MY CODE FOR THE MATCH - HOW DO I get my ÂŁ10 back?
Send an email to ifollow@efl.com explaining that you, inadvertently, paid ÂŁ10 for the game when you were given a promo code.

Provide them with:-
The email address that you are registered with.
The club you support.
ST Membership number.
Mobile phone number.
The match you were charged for.
The code that you were given by PAFC.

They will already have your bank details and they will, eventually, credit you but be patient.

I did this for a friend for the Blackpool game and he finally got a credit 2 days ago.

Good luck!!!

Thank you

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
GreenThing":1zxeodz3 said:
Exactly. It's great to have the debate but why be so damn rude. I made myself a rule years ago and that was only post how you'd speak to somebody face to face. I'm afraid you'd get a few slaps in my local...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3s445xcw said:
GreenThing":3s445xcw said:

You keep banging on about insults. You show me where the insults are. I note you are not so keen to address insults from others.

Maybe not insults as in name calling, but insulting in the way that you belittle and laugh at people. If you want proof just read a large proportion of the threads that get derailed when you post on them and how many level headed people get wound up by you.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3oca3pgb said:
Balham_Green":3oca3pgb said:
GreenThing":3oca3pgb said:

Maybe not insults as in name calling, but insulting in the way that you belittle and laugh at people. If you want proof just read a large proportion of the threads that get derailed when you post on them and how many level headed people get wound up by you.

Already backtracking then. You are wrong re a 'large proportion' too. I'm sure you get some things right. I don't agree with the 'belittling' but will bear it in mind. I find it hard to take some of the ridiculous comments on here seriously that's all.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Philevs may tend to exaggerate a little but it could be argued that he had the last laugh in his opinion about Luke Jephcott. I suspect that he and Steve Evans are brothers and Steve also tends to have extreme views, particularly about our younger Academy lads.
There is no need to ridicule them for their enthusiasm.
I guess that they are ‘glass half full’.

Jun 27, 2019
Personally I don't mind Balham's confrontational style. His insults or vitriol never cross the line in my view and if they're aimed at me then I just laugh them off.

Forums need all sorts of posters to make them lively and interesting. If we were all the same then the world would be a very boring place.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think Ponty’s point is a good one.

If you act differently behind a keyboard than you would face to face in a pub, then perhaps your style needs looking act.

I would imagine BG would be called ‘ol’ Black Eyes’ if he did act like that in any pub that I know.

He is certainly allowed is own opinion but it’s his delivery that people have a problem with.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":2ua6mlxz said:

If you act differently behind a keyboard than you would face to face in a pub, then perhaps your style needs looking act.

I would imagine BG would be called ‘ol’ Black Eyes’ if he did act like that in any pub that I know.

He is certainly allowed is own opinion but it’s his delivery that people have a problem with.

Yawn

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2my713mm said:
IJN":2my713mm said:

Yawn
Don't help yourself do you? So childish for a so called grown man...

Sep 6, 2006
Really? Its childish to keep banging on about it. I get in trouble for so called insults. What are you doing yourself? Why don't you just keep out of it? All I have done is cast doubts on Saturday's performance. Its an opinion. Read the thread. Two days later I am still getting criticism from the likes of you. I bow to your maturity. :nworthy:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":268o9ev2 said:
Ponty":268o9ev2 said:
Balham_Green":268o9ev2 said:
IJN":268o9ev2 said:

Yawn
Don't help yourself do you? So childish for a so called grown man...

Really? Its childish to keep banging on about it. I get in trouble for so called insults. What are you doing yourself? Why don't you just keep out of it? All I have done is cast doubts on Saturday's performance. Its an opinion. Read the thread. Two days later I am still getting criticism from the likes of you. I bow to your maturity. :nworthy:

I'm doing my job and unfortunately it means I can't block you because you'd be gone in a breath.