Argyle v Burton Albion match thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Burton Albion match thread

Mar 21, 2008
Mayor, Reeves and Fornah look like they could form a very good midfield, all real quality on the ball and make it look effortless playing together already

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Rob_GT4":3vv0d3v9 said:
Mayor, Reeves and Fornah look like they could form a very good midfield, all real quality on the ball and make it look effortless playing together already

Agree. Reeves has the sort of composure that Fox used to show in the ball

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Forest of Dean Green":2t4u6h3x said:
Rob_GT4":2t4u6h3x said:

Agree. Reeves has the sort of composure that Fox used to show in the ball
Reeves moves the ball so quick with real quality.

He looks a very intelligent CM.

Jun 27, 2019
Tugboat":2b0tjx7z said:
Just out of interest, why did argyle dress the Argyle letters of the main grandstand of the bottom of the seats and not the top?

Probably because the seats at the top are the posh padded ones.

Jul 14, 2008
Comfortable win although Argyle sat too deep second half. Burton were very poor and never looked like scoring.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WoodsyGreen":2lznfana said:
Tugboat":2lznfana said:
Just out of interest, why did argyle dress the Argyle letters of the main grandstand of the bottom of the seats and not the top?

Probably because the seats at the top are the posh padded ones.

Makes sense.

Cheers woody

Dec 3, 2005
Oh my that was a BORE - at least at home I can nod off lol

Still 3 points in the bag, no injuries onwards and upwards.

:scarf:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Lundan Cabbie":f2lrxn3a said:
Ottawa Green":f2lrxn3a said:
2-0
Goal! Plymouth Argyle 2, Burton Albion 0. Byron Moore (Plymouth Argyle) left footed shot from very close range.

Was there a suspicion of offside? Was Moore ahead of the goalkeeper leaving just one defender closer to the goal line? Would have been one for VAR to check at a Higher level.

I think he was definitely off, not from the first ball from Cooper, but from the touch from Nouble.

Sep 6, 2006
Herts_Green":xs4m5or3 said:
Comfortable win although Argyle sat too deep second half. Burton were very poor and never looked like scoring.

Yes they did! The guy missed a sitter when Aimson missed the header. Fra from convincing against a very poor team.

Sep 6, 2006
Lobster":1o1a27hk said:
Lundan Cabbie":1o1a27hk said:
Ottawa Green":1o1a27hk said:
2-0
Goal! Plymouth Argyle 2, Burton Albion 0. Byron Moore (Plymouth Argyle) left footed shot from very close range.

Was there a suspicion of offside? Was Moore ahead of the goalkeeper leaving just one defender closer to the goal line? Would have been one for VAR to check at a Higher level.

I think he was definitely off, not from the first ball from Cooper, but from the touch from Nouble.

I thought so too. Think we got lucky today

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":3m3anxx9 said:
Tugboat":3m3anxx9 said:
Cobi Budge":3m3anxx9 said:
Carey & Mayor are very different players who serve very different purposes in very different systems. As I’ve said, Mayor’s main purpose is to carry us up the pitch and provide the link between midfield and attack, which he does superbly, Carey’s was set pieces and screamers, basically putting together a ‘highlight reel’, which he did superbly. Carey didn’t do what Mayor does and Mayor doesn’t do what Carey did.
BUT it pains me to say, today in this team i would have a fully fit Carey over Mayor.

Both decent players but I think Mayor is more replaceable than Carey

And that’s fair enough, personally I’d be torn. The key is recognising that they serve different purposes, too many compare them like for like.

'They serve different purposes'?! So is Mayor's purpose not to create and score goals? Cos if he doesn't not sure who will.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The midfield won it today for Argyle, although Mayor, Fornah and Grant did not get on the score sheet. If RL can keep those 3 going without injury then the club could be there and thereabouts come the season's end. A good 3 points in the bag. Let's move on to the next game.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Shame some people can't even bring themselves to enjoy a win.

Very comfortable today aside from Burton's one on one, onwards to next week :scarf: