Argyle v Burton Albion match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Burton Albion match thread

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Solid professional performance, 3 points in the bag.

My word, we have some very good midfield options this season. Fornah looks a natural in CDM, then pick 2 more from Mayor, Grant, Reeves, Camara and Macleod! And Randell out on loan scored his 1st goal today for Torquay.

Cannot remember a better set of midfielders for a long time.

Just to add impressed with Nouble last 2 games he is winning most balls and making it stick upfront. Well played Frank!

Apr 4, 2015
great performance, we totally dominated Burton from start to finish. I dont think there was a single bad performance today from any of our players but we looked far less threatening once Cooper came off which shows to me that he is our most important player. Mayor played well but doesn't provide that killer ball very often imo, yes he can dribble and beat players and convert defence into attack but he hasn't got the killer instinct of Cooper and I would go Carey over Mayor every day of the week but can see why others think differently. Watts was excellent today and kept their best player very quiet. Fornah looks like a real find and I reckon he will be our player of the season, he's a class apart on todays showing. Overall we are looking good, only 1 defeat in 5 and our first 11 is starting total shape. I would be going:

Cooper
Aimson
Canavan
Watts
B.Moore
G.cooper
Fornah
Mayor
Reeves
Jephcott
Nouble/Hardie (depending on opposition)

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Oh Balham, would you like me to buy you a cat so you can kick it?

It was a comfortable win, no matter what division you play in, they are rare commodities.

Eight points from 5 games, the only defeat arguably our best performance. We have a bit of depth to our squad and why shouldn't a supporter feel a tinge of enthusiasm and optimism?

It was far from perfect, there will be tougher tests, but for now we should feel fairly pleased with our start.

Apr 4, 2015
Balham_Green":2y0f62gk said:
Wow some folk are easily pleased! How did we dominate with 52% possession!?

You obviously see things differently from most normal people, are you ever happy or constructive in any way whatsoever. You're not just glass half empty you are the dribble left on the counter whilst everyone else looks for the positives.

We are in a higher division (by the way we are above all the other teams that got promoted from lg 2), and are in 8th position and have only lost away to a team that was in the premier league 2 seasons ago so overall I am very happy at our start. Call me easily pleased if you like but id rather be me than you any day of the week. What would make you happy by the way, top of the league??, unbeaten??, clean sheets and 25 goals for??

Mar 14, 2009
Good win against a poor team.

Argyle get in good positions but what l notice now is in the final third we waste alot of good situations.

Our final ball seems careless at times and if we can improve our end product we will become better. There is good build up play to get there its now just putting the ball in better areas.

Not sure what Aimson was going for their 2nd half chance. However, we looked comfortable for the majority of the match.

Good to get a win again.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
The funniest things is you genuinely are unable to see the irony in your last comment BG

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Dear Mr Balham Green ,

Having watched the match on ifollow today , i feel that i would like to make some observations on Argyle's performance , however having read many of the comments on the match thread and in the brief synopsis , it is clear to me that i and many of the other contributors clearly have little understanding of the game . Sir , i appreciate that you are generally very busy in the immediate hours after a match , having to educate those that lack sufficient knowledge of football , but , if you could find a little time to spare , would you kindly advise me on the content of my observations .

Many Thanks in advance ,
DartingtonPilgrim

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
People why not simply ignore the bloke rather that comment on what you think he is?

It ruins the thread to be honest. Which is a shame.

Everyone has their own opinions, why not voice them without mentioning you know who?

Mar 21, 2013
IJN":36ywn9c7 said:
People why not simply ignore the bloke rather that comment on what you think he is?

It ruins the thread to be honest. Which is a shame.

Everyone has their own opinions, why not voice them without mentioning you know who?
Fair point, or he could stop deliberating trying to wind people up. There’s differing opinions, & then there’s a bore trying to get his sad kicks.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Balham_Green":ntz1oork said:
Wow some folk are easily pleased! How did we dominate with 52% possession!?

Possession data is often an unreliable stat to judge a performance.
Leicester beat Man City 5-2 recently with 28% possession.