Argyle v Leicester City - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Leicester City - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• The Pilgrims

Votes: 34 19.3%
  • The Foxes

Votes: 89 50.6%
  • It will be a draw

Votes: 53 30.1%

• Total voters

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
They aren't short of money
Would not surprise me if they are not flying down to deepest .darkest Devon for the game.
Maybe he wants to get his excuses in if his team do not get a result against us

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
They aren't short of money
Would not surprise me if they are not flying down to deepest .darkest Devon for the game.
Maybe he wants to get his excuses in if his team do not get a result against us
He is quoted saying it is a five hour trip back and they are travelling down today. Doubt they'd travel today if they are flying.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Reading their forum, they are not happy with Maresca. One comment stood out 'If they press us like Millwall did, they win'.
Clearly a possession based team but seem to struggle against an aggressive press.
Sure we have done our homework on that!

Playing the pressing game is one thing, but Leicester dominated possession (and every other stat) and Millwall had to defend in depth. Even their goal came from long range.

Personally, I don't want us to be defending on the halfway line...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Leicester unhappy with two long away trips in 4 days.

Try being Plymouth Argyle!
The manager wasn't worried about my health when I played in the PYC League, changing under the hedge at Ernesettle Lane. And I had had to rush from playing for the school team in the morning. If it rained you got wet and so did your clothes.But Maresca needn't worry. I was 15 then and I'm 76 now. 😁

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth

Truro Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Apr 17, 2015
Apologies, has anyone got any tickets for Hull? My son has a season ticket so I've been able to get to the majority of games with him but this one has obviously sold out quickly

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Yes Mike. In his first interview with the Independent he said he was signed primarily as a centre forward. However, he most played as an outside left. Just 4 of his games at Argyle were as number 9. His League debut for Blackpool and the next game in 1951 saw him play centre forward. Thereafter he played as 11 or 7. At Leicester he never played down the middle but played outside right, inside left and outside left. However, two of his five games for Newcastle were at centre forward. I went to see him at his house in London and his dementia was in its early days. But he told me about a game at Stamford Bridge for Newcastle. "I scored twice that day": he recalled "but we lost 6-5. I was inside left." And then he mentioned a 5-3 home win for Leicester over West Ham when he played outside right but remembered that their centre forward was Arthur Rowley. who scored a hat-trick that day. Then, sadly, I saw the dementia kick in when he said he thought he knew Arthur's brother Jack but couldn't recall from where. Happy Birthday by the way!

View attachment 14872
Thanks Steve I only remembered him as an outside left.

Reactions: Bovey Green lady

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Same with goalkeepers. Eddie Hopkinson of Bolton and our own Geff Barnsley were not that tall. Hodgkinson of Sheffield United perhaps another.
And dont forget Bill Short 😃

Aug 11, 2013
I hate myself for saying this but we almost need a bit of Wycombe dark arts tonight. Important to disrupt the rhythm of the game. Lots of stoppages.

If we go at them like we did second half against QPR (leaving the back wide open) we will be absolutely battered. Almost a game for an outta possession coach …… (only joshing).