Argyle v Oxford match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford match thread

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":5nux2t7s said:
Be under no illusion we are in a relegation battle. Still not good enough :furious:

Oxford aren't even a good side. They have just pinged balls into the box and caused havoc. Their RB has made a run into our box and scored unopposed. Their bloke is running the channel and going nowhere, so Aimson decides the best course of action is to wipe him out from behind.

Lowe will be going absolutely mental at witnessing some of that.

That said he has taken Hardie off who is our only outlet. Jephcott scores the goals but Hardie makes them. Without Hardie you just have Telford running around getting bullied and shooting from daft angles, and Nouble who seems too idle to even jump for a header. Without Hardie Jephcott looks marooned and starved of decent forward linkup play.

When Nouble comes on you just wonder what the plan is. He doesn't even battle for headers, he just gawps as they land perfectly above his head and lets the CB get a clean header the other direction. If a 6' 4" striker can't even offer anything in the air then what is he doing up there? When is the last time Nouble even had a shot on goal? He comes on for half an hour each match and is almost always a passenger.

Maybe Lowe is realising why Colchester and other clubs before them played him on the wing. Maybe his surprising turn of speed for a big fella and dribbling speed are his best asset. We certainly don't see much of that playing him back to goal as a target man.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Tugboat":3lpy7h2a said:
Biggs":3lpy7h2a said:
Mate (Tugs).... take a few minutes before posting.

Within seconds of the whistle, you’ve started an anti-Mayor thread, an angry Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) and you’re now saying the manager has lost it?

I’m lost, I really am

One hand I think we’ve clicked and we’ve come good to our style of play and the next it’s evident we’re so weak and tactically disturbed I fear for our league survival.

Maybe I should take a bit of time away but we have some massive issues that seem to be exploited time and time again

We seem so easily pushed around.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The worry about this defeat is that Oxford looked like a very poor outfit.

You can't blame a defeat on one player but Moore needs to be shown the footage of his total disinterest in following their player and making any meaningful attempt to keep up with him for their second goal. Unacceptable.

Jun 18, 2005
up_the_line":3ockhs5t said:

You can't blame a defeat on one player but Moore needs to be shown the footage of his total disinterest in following their player and making any meaningful attempt to keep up with him for their second goal. Unacceptable.

Yes, I was disappointed in that, he'd only just come on so should have been full of running.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
saxman":jh8d0a67 said:
up_the_line":jh8d0a67 said:

Yes, I was disappointed in that, he'd only just come on so should have been full of running.

The rest of the defence were rightly pi££ed at it...I know its popular to blame every woe on Mayor, but Moore cant even put the effort in to keep up with the guy who has the easiest, unchallenged finish. I can accept individual mistakes, but lack of effort...?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
saxman":wkybdvot said:
up_the_line":wkybdvot said:

Why had he come on? That’s the question. He’s been pretty useless all season.

Jun 18, 2005
The Doctor":266kvweq said:
saxman":266kvweq said:
up_the_line":266kvweq said:

Why had he come on? That’s the question. He’s been pretty useless all season.

What's happened to him, he seems to have lost his mojo?

Jul 12, 2016
Larry David":qmne0n8e said:
Mayor is poor all window dressing and no substance maybe we can sell him and make a few quid and find a decent attacking midfielder to replace him. Our centre backs are weak mentally and physically we need a strong leader at the back. Ridiculous challenge from Aimson for their penalty. Lowe needs a lucky January because I’m not sure he can spot a decent centre half he certainly hasn’t got one at the club.
IMO RL has built his team around ex Bury players who are not up to league 1 standard. Despite the obvious flaws with his tactics he is hell bent on sticking with them. My biggest concern is that the errors are being repeated despite reassurances that we have a good squad who are capable of turning things around.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Replacing Hardie with the pedestrian Nouble to play alongside the pedestrian Jephcott was a particularly baffling decision. Do we have the players with enough character to battle through a relegation fight? At the moment I’m struggling to see it. Without Camaras quality and Jephcotts goals god knows where we would be.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nouble is a poor mans danny Graham.

He doesn’t score and he doesn’t hold up play.

For the life of me I would out him anywhere near the starting 11

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Larry David":rbdvkmwe said:
Mayor is poor all window dressing and no substance maybe we can sell him and make a few quid and find a decent attacking midfielder to replace him. Our centre backs are weak mentally and physically we need a strong leader at the back. Ridiculous challenge from Aimson for their penalty. Lowe needs a lucky January because I’m not sure he can spot a decent centre half he certainly hasn’t got one at the club.

Personally I think of the ex Bury group, Moore has fallen away massively performance wise this season and Telford has flattered to deceive regularly.

Will we see exits in January? Not convinced we will see any contracted players depart but who knows?

Mar 25, 2007
Oxfords skipper was in the Refs ear all night, questioned every decision and protected his players when they were penalised. We don’t have anyone like that. I’m sure Joe Edwards is a lovely guy but I want an angry bugger at the back. Someone to be scared of. We don’t have that, we don’t have anybody in this team with leadership qualities.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Best team won, they wanted it more than us. Feel sorry tor Camara after the energy he puts in compared to Moore Mayor and Doumble.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Tugboat":ea21qqk9 said:
Lowe’s lost it for me.

He’s tactically inadequate and out of his depth.

Great when it’s happens going forward but any resistance to that and we are out of it.

Tugboat,

Understand where you're coming from.

All else apart, we're Plymouth, not Liverpool.

(How brilliantly both Klopp - and Ancelotti - have signalled their empathy for their clubs' host city)

But it's seldom simply about the manager, is it...

Clubs succeed - or fail - as collectives.

Not as personality cults.