Argyle v Oxford match thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford match thread

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Peter_Jones":5i4d6ynz said:
Tugboat":5i4d6ynz said:
Lowe’s lost it for me.

He’s tactically inadequate and out of his depth.

Great when it’s happens going forward but any resistance to that and we are out of it.

Tugboat,

Understand where you're coming from.

All else apart, we're Plymouth, not Liverpool.

(How brilliantly both Klopp - and Ancelotti - have signalled their empathy for their clubs' host city)

But it's seldom simply about the manager, is it...

Clubs succeed - or fail - as collectives.

Not as personality cults.

So...

Do we change our philosophy?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I must in a minority that didn't think the performance was too bad to be honest. A draw would have been a fair result.

I think Huxtable got the pen wrong against Aimson and that he won the ball, although it is a habit of Aimsons to dive in unnecessarily.

It was disappointing we didn't really get going to the same degree in the 2nd half. McCleods fitness still a concern and Mayor looking a bit off it. Camara doing the running for 3 in the midfield.

My only criticism of Lowe would be his choice and timing of subs. The switch to 3 4 3 at 3-2 did not work at all. He's tried it in previous games and it's been dismal. Telford is a wasted sub, Byron Moore going from left to right within 10 minutes made him seem a bit lost for the final 10. Mayor LWB did not work at all. He should have trusted his 3 5 2 in my opinion,as the lost body in the 3 meant we failed to pick up most of the 2nd balls.

There's positives though, which were lacking in our dire run. I'll keep the faith and hope for a couple of shrewd Jan acquisitions.

Jan 6, 2020
cheshiregreen":1iezrj7n said:
Larry David":1iezrj7n said:
Mayor is poor all window dressing and no substance maybe we can sell him and make a few quid and find a decent attacking midfielder to replace him. Our centre backs are weak mentally and physically we need a strong leader at the back. Ridiculous challenge from Aimson for their penalty. Lowe needs a lucky January because I’m not sure he can spot a decent centre half he certainly hasn’t got one at the club.

Personally I think of the ex Bury group, Moore has fallen away massively performance wise this season and Telford has flattered to deceive regularly.

Will we see exits in January? Not convinced we will see any contracted players depart but who knows?

To be fair to Telford, getting the last 3 minutes in each game when we are either playing out time or chasing a lost cause means we are never going to see what he can do. Telford is probably the most similar striker to Hardie, so I'm baffled why when Hardie is subbed it's not Telford who gets the 20 minutes. I'm not sure Telford has ever played alongside Jephcott for any length of time.
Nouble is very poor, his latest cameo summed up by him heading the ball consecutively high in the air when unchallenged.

Oct 15, 2017
arrythewurzel":3udo9tuk said:
I felt that Lowe’s impatience was partly down to this defeat. Their second would not have happened had Grant still been on the pitch,

Nouble offers nothing - better a tired Hardie than this useless lump. He lost the ball when goal side before they broke.

If we’d stuck rather than twisted and maybe tweaked our shape we’d have at least got a point out of that game. The subs weakened us. How many times have we made a sub and then conceded - feels quite a few times.

I’m sorry to say I thought Cooper should do better for the first and third. First one he shows no bravery and third he should stop. Maybe Luke could organise the sieve (I mean defence).

Lowe still learning and has my full support but please - no more Nouble.

Nouble never again.