Argyle v Oxford match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford match thread

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Army green":3g5ebbyb said:
Just not good enough. Oxford deserved the win. It’s going to be a hard slog to stay up this season. As soon as you’re bringing on players like nouble and Telford to try and get a goal you already know it’s game over.

Oxford are a good team in a misleading league position. I thought we played fairly well tonight and were good value for a point. Unfortunately Will Aimson is braindead and cost us one.

Don't think we learnt much tonight. Competitive, but fragile defensively. Hope the recruitment team is prepared for January.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mate (Tugs).... take a few minutes before posting.

Within seconds of the whistle, you’ve started an anti-Mayor thread, an angry brief synopsis and you’re now saying the manager has lost it?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Quintrell_Green":5xjbwsdf said:
warney":5xjbwsdf said:
Total domination for 35 minutes followed by 10 of near capitulation.
No idea how the second half will go ...

Their scruffy goal has boosted Oxford. I predict a tougher second half for Argyle. Jephcott is not in the game. Our back 3 are being forced to kick long and their back 3 are winning every header. Unless we start winning more second ball, we will be in trouble.

I must be a prophet. Why can't Argyle's midfield show strategic bursts of speed like Oxford and leave the opposition for dead.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Fragile in confidence.

Little organisation, if any, at the back.

No answer to a team that presses us.

Nothing up front to hold the ball up.

No game changers on the bench.

Team comprised of 75% reliable players.

Edwards the only one with any consistency.

Sigh!

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":1p9lamvb said:

Within seconds of the whistle, you’ve started an anti-Mayor thread, an angry Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) and you’re now saying the manager has lost it?

I think it’s frustration to see the same thing every game.

You have to give Lowe until the end of the season but l fear Argyle are heading back to league two unless Lowe admits his formation doesn’t work with where he plays the current personnel.

As much as l blame Lowe the players are so rash in there decision making. Why did Aimson dive in?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Quintrell_Green":13uqcglr said:
Quintrell_Green":13uqcglr said:
warney":13uqcglr said:
Total domination for 35 minutes followed by 10 of near capitulation.
No idea how the second half will go ...

Their scruffy goal has boosted Oxford. I predict a tougher second half for Argyle. Jephcott is not in the game. Our back 3 are being forced to kick long and their back 3 are winning every header. Unless we start winning more second ball, we will be in trouble.

I must be a prophet. Why can't Argyle's midfield show strategic bursts of speed like Oxford and leave the opposition for dead.

Camara and Mayor both burst through but then their final ball is poor.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":2va95vzv said:
4 points above relegation and Bristol Rovers have 3 games in hand!
Or Rochdale have 4 points less with 1 game in hand.

Aug 2, 2011
For the first 30 minutes we looked comfortable then Oxford started to press us and we started to look unsettled. Second half belonged to Oxford they were by far the better side. To suggest we deserved a point is bananas. The only player on our side who really looked as though he cared was Camara.

Yet another poor display at home. Another hime game Sat. If we blow that then we are in real,trouble.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Biggs":259f3h0j said:

Within seconds of the whistle, you’ve started an anti-Mayor thread, an angry Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) and you’re now saying the manager has lost it?

I’m lost, I really am

One hand I think we’ve clicked and we’ve come good to our style of play and the next it’s evident we’re so weak and tactically disturbed I fear for our league survival.

Maybe I should take a bit of time away but we have some massive issues that seem to be exploited time and time again

Aug 11, 2013
I felt that Lowe’s impatience was partly down to this defeat. Their second would not have happened had Grant still been on the pitch,

Nouble offers nothing - better a tired Hardie than this useless lump. He lost the ball when goal side before they broke.

If we’d stuck rather than twisted and maybe tweaked our shape we’d have at least got a point out of that game. The subs weakened us. How many times have we made a sub and then conceded - feels quite a few times.

I’m sorry to say I thought Cooper should do better for the first and third. First one he shows no bravery and third he should stop. Maybe Luke could organise the sieve (I mean defence).

Lowe still learning and has my full support but please - no more Nouble.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Mayor is poor all window dressing and no substance maybe we can sell him and make a few quid and find a decent attacking midfielder to replace him. Our centre backs are weak mentally and physically we need a strong leader at the back. Ridiculous challenge from Aimson for their penalty. Lowe needs a lucky January because I’m not sure he can spot a decent centre half he certainly hasn’t got one at the club.