Argyle v Oxford match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford match thread

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Total domination for 35 minutes followed by 10 of near capitulation.
No idea how the second half will go ...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
An enjoyable half.

A good goal to score and a soft goal to concede.

It's a battle of wills. Oxford want to press us back and stop our centre-backs from passing and force us to go long where the Oxford big centre-backs win the ball back.
We want to beat the press and once we do we are away leaving half of the Oxford team stuck in our half, highlighted by our goal.

We started well, Oxford finished better.

Jephcott not in the game.

The Hux is having a good game but because Oxford are a niggly team there's a red card on the way.

Jun 27, 2019
Very disappointing we aren't winning that. We started so well and deservedly took the lead, but one aimless ball into our box and it's all square.

The goal took the wind out of our attacking play and Oxford should have scored again from a similar freekick. Our line was too deep on both occasions - why has that not been worked on in training?

Mar 14, 2009
Watching Argyle it’s the getting frustrating to see the same issues.

A great move and wonderfully taken goal by Camara.

We played well, but one set piece and suddenly we not only concede an equaliser but lost control of the game.

The most frustrating thing again is in the 42-43 min a threaded ball into their forwards feet. Bypasses our midfield and then leaves their forward one on one with Canavan. It’s too easy.

Either Argyle get better players who are more aware of counter attacking situations and are positional aware or they change system.

Their set pieces are decent. Henry is whipping the ball in and they are difficult to defend.

I’m now wondering what happens in the second half given what we have seen so far this season. Most second halves we don’t play as well. Starting to wonder if this team lacks stamina to last 90 mins.

Aug 15, 2015
Strong 30 minutes followed by a less strong last quarter. However, players like Mayor and MacLeod need to step up (again). Just not doing enough in my opinion, especially given their profiles as ball playing midfield players. It's not enough to keep pumping balls into the channels for Hardie. We need our midfielders to get on the ball and engineer openings. Mayor and MacLeod have been borderline absent, or at least are having reduced impact with time. Mayor has been invollved in a couple of good moves but by the end of that half, I feel like he has vanished from the game. MacLeod spends most of his time facing backwards and playing the game in the wrong direction. Far too eager to look back at Canavan and play it back and invite pressure.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
warney":2ar8htip said:
Total domination for 35 minutes followed by 10 of near capitulation.
No idea how the second half will go ...

Their scruffy goal has boosted Oxford. I predict a tougher second half for Argyle. Jephcott is not in the game. Our back 3 are being forced to kick long and their back 3 are winning every header. Unless we start winning more second ball, we will be in trouble.

Oct 31, 2015
Lucky to go in at HT drawing. For 35 minutes we dominated then once again can't defend. Oxford should have scored 2 maybe 3 at the end of that half.

Happy to go in drawing but worried we will capitulate in the second.

Come on Greens prove me wrong

Dec 3, 2005
Hopefully Argyle will improve their desperate record over this season with their 2nd half displays.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I think this will be our last attendance for a while so it would be nice to see a couple of goals in front of us in the Demport.

Realise I stand no chance of watching Argyle play live this season so invested in a half season ticket for Harrogate Town (it's 3.5 miles from mine). Excellent investment so far as we got nine whole minutes play tonight (including a good opener for Harrogate) before the ref abandoned it due to an icy pitch. All very frustrating. Let's hope Argyle can get a win at least tonight.

M