Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Canavan shouldn't play for a long time after that performance for goal 2.
Not only did he commit the cardinal sin of not playing to the whistle, but then he strolled back into the middle of the box, then make zero effort to block the shot which headed not to far away from him towards goal.

Wooton. Looked to have turned into an option. Seems to have slipped back to his standards of 2 seasons gone.

Cooper looked to be affected by the incident that left the lad injured (hope that player is ok) and really looked nervous any time the ball went into the box.

Watts distribution poor and really poor effort to stop the cross for goal 4.

Reeves will no doubt have some purring because he completed a few passes. Just a pity they were all sideways and his first instinct was to run away from goal.

Grant. A couple of lacklustre shots and ballooned crosses. Not much else to note. If you're not going to go past players at least hit the target with your shooting.

Nouble was beyond hopeless. Even when Argyle actually sustained some pressure and worked a cross in his finishing was tragic.

Edwards, Hardie, Jephcott, Aimson, Opoku and Fornah are the only ones to get 5 or 6/10.

Dec 3, 2005
Two of the defenders who started tonight, where there the last time we were in this league!
And we know how that went!!
They may have been ok in the 2nd Division but in this league they are not!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lowe chops and changes the team far too often for my liking. No one knows who they’re playing with from one match to the next.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
demportdave":269anv3m said:
PlymOdi":269anv3m said:
Usual posters out I see, at least they'll be happy tonight.
Out of interest, who should be posting tonight after losing 4-0 at home to the mighty Rochdale who were 7 games without a win prior to tonight.

You appear to be one of those really silly people who think there are Argyle fans who actually delight in seeing them lose; how sad you are.

That's 1 goal and 1 point from 12 in our last 4 League games.

Can you advise when Argyle fans are allowed to express concern and be critical of something that is so badly wrong?

Tonight is not a one-off. Our defending in particular has been very poor for a long time.

Getting personal? Very kind.

Fan should express concern any time they feel it. However you've been here long enough to see the patterns of people who enjoy watching players and managers they don't rate have poor time, highlighting their every mistake with gusto. Yes, I do believe they take some joy in being able to make those posts, it's not exclusive to PASOTI, or even Argyle. I'm sure they'll enjoy another opportunity to be "right" on the internet.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
The worry is we really are a one man team, in as much as Mayor is so integral to the way that RL wants Argyle to play that if he has a bad day, is marked out the game or is absent then we don't appear to function well as a team. When he is on the pitch we only seem to have a plan A. When he is not on the the pitch (either metaphorically or literally) we seem to have no plan at all.

Sep 6, 2006
PlymOdi":2aj9071k said:
demportdave":2aj9071k said:
PlymOdi":2aj9071k said:
Out of interest, who should be posting tonight after losing 4-0 at home to the mighty Rochdale who were 7 games without a win prior to tonight.

You appear to be one of those really silly people who think there are Argyle fans who actually delight in seeing them lose; how sad you are.

Can you advise when Argyle fans are allowed to express concern and be critical of something that is so badly wrong?

Tonight is not a one-off. Our defending in particular has been very poor for a long time.

Fan should express concern any time they feel it. However you've been here long enough to see the patterns of people who enjoy watching players and managers they don't rate have poor time, highlighting their every mistake with gusto. Yes, I do believe they take some joy in being able to make those posts, it's not exclusive to PASOTI, or even Argyle. I'm sure they'll enjoy another opportunity to be "right" on the internet.

If you make such ridiculous comments then expect it to get personal. We all want Argyle to do well. Nobody enjoys watching them have a poor time despite your delusions.

Sep 6, 2006
Andy_Tall":1n5mmqk6 said:
The worry is we really are a one man team, in as much as Mayor is so integral to the way that RL wants Argyle to play that if he has a bad day, is marked out the game or is absent then we don't appear to function well as a team. When he is on the pitch we only seem to have a plan A. When he is not on the the pitch (either metaphorically or literally) we seem to have no plan at all.

Just shows the inadequacies of the rest of the players.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2lfi9u5i said:
PlymOdi":2lfi9u5i said:
demportdave":2lfi9u5i said:
PlymOdi":2lfi9u5i said:

If you make such ridiculous comments then expect it to get personal. We all want Argyle to do well. Nobody enjoys watching them have a poor time despite your delusions.

:funny: