Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread

Dec 8, 2019
Jakepafc":3atmgkbx said:
Lowe out, simple as that, adams was a way better manager, Carey lamerias ladapo bradley vyner fox, now we’ve got mayor caravan and wotton this Lowe team Is full of nobody’s
So what you're saying is DA had far better players and still mucked it up?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":1rrleakv said:
Doyley43":1rrleakv said:
Cobi Budge":1rrleakv said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain
How disillusioned some fans are. Mayor instrumental and vital to the way we play? It's our defence that is awful. Those who don't rate him aren't switched on ? It's you who are in the dark.
One of the best players in the league :funny: :funny:
How about you ask the many opposition players from last season who voted for Danny Mayor to be in the team of the year.

He is definitely an upgrade on the midfielders who played tonight that's for sure.

Aug 15, 2015
Larry David":23regkpj said:
Apparently the reason we’re getting battered is the fact Mayor is out. If only he had been fit to play against Fleetwood and Peterborough. :wave:

Be careful not to state real facts Larry. That doesn't work well with some of the 15 year olds on here.

Jul 12, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":2p7xwwmx said:
If Rochdale were a decent side on a great run of form you could make excuses.

Instead they sat tonight outside the relegation zone and on a run of poor form.

They have completely dismantled Argyle.

The questions l would ask Lowe are this

1. Why did you sign on average league two defenders with no pace in Wootton and Canavan?

2. Why play a back 3 when you don’t have the pace in the wing back areas to get up and down the pitch. Cooper is not a wing back. He is either is winger or attacking midfield. The wing backs final ball from the wide positions is often poor.

3. Why continue to play the same system every game. It makes you predictable?

4. The 3-5-2 simply doesn’t work. We don’t have intelligent enough players. We are slow with the ball. Indecisive and naive without it.

Argyle now must face up to the fact they aren’t in a promotion battle this season but a relegation battle. You don’t lose to sides like this and finish in the top half of the table.

If he plays the same formation on Saturday thinking Mayor will change everything then l personally will be gutted. We might get the one off results (maybe even win on Saturday) but in the long term with these group of players with are in trouble playing the same way.

Now we will see what Lowe is made of. If he continues to think he can turn this around playing the same way then l think he may be tactically more naive than we realised.

The worst thing about tonight is how easy it is.
Good summary.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Even if our defenders had performed well tonight, we'd still have only drawn 0 0, we created zilch going forward the problem was just as much in midfield as it was at the back.

Dec 3, 2005
Shoenice":1zi076fv said:
Larry David":1zi076fv said:
Apparently the reason we’re getting battered is the fact Mayor is out. If only he had been fit to play against Fleetwood and Peterborough. :wave:

Be careful not to state real facts Larry. That doesn't work well with some of the 15 year olds on here.

I thought he missed the LAST two games. i.e. the Lincoln cup game and tonight

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Cobi Budge":329txrye said:
We wouldn't have avoided defeat with Mayor tonight, but we'd have been a lot better than we were. Our midfield were non existent, Mayor changes that.

We'd have lost 0-2 and forced a few corners then basically.

May 16, 2016
Just under a third of the season gone and we're mid table. More or less as expected. Hopefully tonight was the lesson RL needed to rethink his rigid predictable way of playing, if not, then the next two thirds are not going to be enjoyable.

Jul 6, 2011
I personally believe it's the uselessness of the defenders in front of him not Cooper. You can bring in McCormick, but I dont believe he will do much better, because he still has those same defenders.
I personally don't rate Fornah, I'd sooner see McLeod back. I don't rate Noublè at all and would prefer a Hardie/Jephcott combination and for the life of me don't understand Lowes love affair with Connor Grant when you have Camara on the bench.
My preferred line up is
M Cooper
Aimson, Opoku/Canavan, Watts
Edwards, Camara, McLeod, Mayor, G Cooper
Hardie, Jephcott.

For me many of the rest shouldn't even get anywhere near the starting line up.

Jul 12, 2016
Steve.PAFC2012":2s7sy6wq said:
oldage":2s7sy6wq said:
Doyley43":2s7sy6wq said:
Cobi Budge":2s7sy6wq said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

How disillusioned some fans are. Mayor instrumental and vital to the way we play? It's our defence that is awful. Those who don't rate him aren't switched on ? It's you who are in the dark.
How about you ask the many opposition players from last season who voted for Danny Mayor to be in the team of the year.

He is definitely an upgrade on the midfielders who played tonight that's for sure.
In case you haven't noticed we are in a higher league now!

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Jakepafc":305oorvw said:
Lowe out, simple as that, adams was a way better manager, Carey lamerias ladapo bradley vyner fox, now we’ve got mayor caravan and wotton this Lowe team Is full of nobody’s
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Just for the record, never left a game early and never turned over from IFollow but the call of I’m a Celebrity was very strong tonight......

Stayed till the bitter end, JUST ..... :furious:

COYG

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":3pzkadkz said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3pzkadkz said:
oldage":3pzkadkz said:
Doyley43":3pzkadkz said:
Cobi Budge":3pzkadkz said:

In case you haven't noticed we are in a higher league now!
Yes but you were making the exact same snide remarks last season as well.