Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread

May 1, 2011
Jakepafc":yiaqkwlq said:
Lowe out, simple as that, adams was a way better manager, Carey lamerias ladapo bradley vyner fox, now we’ve got mayor caravan and wotton this Lowe team Is full of nobody’s

Good banter.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Steve.PAFC2012":gfg811jq said:
oldage":gfg811jq said:
Doyley43":gfg811jq said:
Cobi Budge":gfg811jq said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain
How disillusioned some fans are. Mayor instrumental and vital to the way we play? It's our defence that is awful. Those who don't rate him aren't switched on ? It's you who are in the dark.
One of the best players in the league :funny: :funny:
How about you ask the many opposition players from last seatson who voted for Danny Mayor to be in the team of the year.

He is definitely an upgrade on the midfielders who played tonight that's for sure.

You're wasting your time.
The professional footballer, someone who's played the game, said it several times in commentary. But this guy disagrees.
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for one of either Grant or Reeves to go past a player? Mayor would have more hope of beating a man and opening up space whilst sat on his bog than either of them.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Argyle played too many balls sideways. Rochdale played far more balls forward and defenders found their players in space taking the ball on the half turn. Their transition was twice as fast as Argyle's. Another thing, I do not understand why the back 3 play balls across the field to each other when they have 20 yards of space in front of them to step forward with the ball to play to team members feet, that much closer to the goal they are attacking. If all this cannot be achieved by coaching one has got to ask whether Argyle have the right players in their squad. I just wish Argyle had a player as lively and resourceful as Rochdale's Rathbone.

Jul 12, 2016
PlymOdi":35hiuwi2 said:
Usual posters out I see, at least they'll be happy tonight.
Not happy but hacked off seeing us lose to the mighty Rochdale. Yet again I ask .What the hell do they do in training?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Really not sure what Lowe can say about that? Other than he got the team selection badly wrong. Which is a worry. Quite how he doesn’t think Camara should start is beyond belief? Wooton? Dear god he’s awful. George Cooper? Peterborough have seen us off there! Young Cooper needs a break I think. Not his fault, he has a dreadful defence in front of him. Do Lowe or Schumacher have any idea defensively? If not get someone in sharpish. Lowe seems petulant when things aren’t going his way, he needs to get his act together. Not impressed.

Mar 21, 2006
Cobi Budge":3a1cqh8r said:
Even if our defenders had performed well tonight, we'd still have only drawn 0 0, we created zilch going forward the problem was just as much in midfield as it was at the back.

Fair point Cobi but you've got to admit that the defence needs some work. Don't tell me you don't s**t yourself; every time a team attacks us in all our games?

Sturrock had Sloop as defensive coach. We need a coach who really understands defending ffs. Lowe and Schuey were both attackers.

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":2zh1tb0q said:
Even if our defenders had performed well tonight, we'd still have only drawn 0 0, we created zilch going forward the problem was just as much in midfield as it was at the back.

We created some good chances tonight. We should not have drawn a blank with the chances we created.

The defending is the worrying thing. The Wootton/Cooper balls up highlighted that. No-one is shouting, commanding, taking leadership back there, we have a nervy rookie keeper, a Fulham teenager, then Canavan running the back line after being out of the side for months. Wing backs nowhere to be seen at times.

After Fleetwood my worry was that Barton had studied the Pompey game and devised the masterplan. Now every team in the league will just go and get that footage to see how to shut down Lowe's 3-5-2, and the worst thing is if they start doig that at Home Park. Rochdale appear to be the team to have come and done exactly that, an abysmal away record yet they have come and embarrassed us on our own patch.

Aug 22, 2020
We had a better defence when guy branston and Darren purse was in the team, that’s saying something

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":mi00wbg7 said:
We wouldn't have avoided defeat with Mayor tonight, but we'd have been a lot better than we were. Our midfield were non existent, Mayor changes that.

I do find it concerning that despite the current manager having more resources at his disposal that all the managers in the last decade could only dream of you seem to suggest we are a one man team.

May 1, 2011
PlymOdi":1bpbau3o said:
Bristol Rich":1bpbau3o said:
PlymOdi":1bpbau3o said:

No Argyle supporter is happy. Don't be absurd.

I agree.

Supporters are allowed to criticise, particularly when they have been thrashed at home. In fact it's what supporters should be doing.

Jul 6, 2005
PlymOdi":36l2vpwi said:
Out of interest, who should be posting tonight after losing 4-0 at home to the mighty Rochdale who were 7 games without a win prior to tonight.

You appear to be one of those really silly people who think there are Argyle fans who actually delight in seeing them lose; how sad you are.

That's 1 goal and 1 point from 12 in our last 4 League games.

Can you advise when Argyle fans are allowed to express concern and be critical of something that is so badly wrong?

Tonight is not a one-off. Our defending in particular has been very poor for a long time.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":26l7w3vq said:
Cobi Budge":26l7w3vq said:
We wouldn't have avoided defeat with Mayor tonight, but we'd have been a lot better than we were. Our midfield were non existent, Mayor changes that.

I do find it concerning that despite the current manager having more resources at his disposal that all the managers in the last decade could only dream of you seem to suggest we are a one man team.
Source?