Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
I have finally had to turn it off as I can’t watch the sideways and backwards passes any more.

However, you learn and develop more from your defeats than you do your victories, so this is a building block in our future success

Flipping painful building block to watch though.

Jul 6, 2005
Army green":3ofq9rom said:
This really bad. How nouble plays so many minutes is beyond me.
Not Nouble's fault if Lowe keeps picking him and certainly not all his fault tonight; he has been equally as bad as the rest of them.

As an athlete, he is far too stiff and muscle bound as a result of too much time on the weights which has given him the appearance of a Light-Heavyweight boxer.

Unfortunately, he also has the touch of a Boxer, witness his inadvertent assist for Reeves on Saturday and numerous heavy first touches tonight. He has a near inability to take the ball in cleanly. The epitome of a journeyman League 2 player.

Oct 4, 2016
WoodsyGreen":10xwhimp said:
This is genuinely embarrassing. Rochdale have looked decent tonight but they aren't a good side judging from their form and league position. We've made them look good.

Action plan going forward:

-Get Danny Mayor fit - as a matter of urgency.
-Never pick Wootton or Canavan again. Ever.
-Drop Big Frank - he isn't up to it.
-Play Hardie and Jephcott up front together and keep it that way.
-Drop Michael Cooper. Whether he's good enough or not (and I don't think he is), he's conceded 10 goals in three league games and needs a 'rest'.
-Play Camara from the start.

We've proven we can compete in this league but the wheels have come off and I think that's largely due to too many personnel changes. Let's get back to playing our best team on a regular basis and put this complete monstrosity of a performance behind us as soon as possible.

Well said WoodsyGreen agree 100%

Apr 30, 2011
Bristol Rich":2ojiaax2 said:
]I don't care if we lose. Ryan Lowe makes me feel optimistic about my club when Adams never did, even when we were winning.

Mr and Mrs Hallen have put considerable finances, not to mention expertise and direction into this club.

Our faith lies with them, our job is to support when and where we can.

What exactly is the point of this post?[/quote]

So someone reads it and considers it. Thank you.[/quote]

Yes I consider it pointless and irrelevant.[/quote]

Heartbroken.

Why did you reply then? Just ruined my evening now.[/quote]

Meaningless drivle, not caring when we are losing 3 nil at home is anything but support.
Plus you don't get to speak on behalf of others by quoting 'our faith.' You sound like a dreary priest.[/quote]

What's 'drivle'?

I'm not speaking on behalf of others, just voicing my opinion. Why are you such an angry person?[/quote]

We are 3 down at home in a shocking performance and you think you have the right come and tell supporters what their job is.

Plus if you want to pick up spelling, check the Chairman's actual name.[/quote]

Crikey, you are angry.

Mar 27, 2008
edengreen":228dmpmx said:
silkman":228dmpmx said:
Look - none of this should be any surprise. We can't defend. Full stop. It's been the case for all the time that Lowe has been here. You need a defensive coach to work with the defenders and get them disciplined. We don't have that. You can change the player combinations as much as you like but if the coaching isn't there then your f****d.
Heard Graham Coughton needs work ! :oops:
Who’s Graham Coughton?

May 1, 2011
Penmaster":1t1fs00h said:
Bristol Rich":1t1fs00h said:
]I don't care if we lose. Ryan Lowe makes me feel optimistic about my club when Adams never did, even when we were winning.

Mr and Mrs Hallen have put considerable finances, not to mention expertise and direction into this club.

Our faith lies with them, our job is to support when and where we can.

What exactly is the point of this post?

So someone reads it and considers it. Thank you.[/quote]

Yes I consider it pointless and irrelevant.[/quote]

Heartbroken.

Why did you reply then? Just ruined my evening now.[/quote]

Meaningless drivle, not caring when we are losing 3 nil at home is anything but support.
Plus you don't get to speak on behalf of others by quoting 'our faith.' You sound like a dreary priest.[/quote]

What's 'drivle'?

I'm not speaking on behalf of others, just voicing my opinion. Why are you such an angry person?[/quote]

We are 3 down at home in a shocking performance and you think you have the right come and tell supporters what their job is.

Plus if you want to pick up spelling, check the Chairman's actual name.[/quote]

Crikey, you are angry.[/quote]

Maybe the players needed more love....

Aug 22, 2020
Lowe out, simple as that, adams was a way better manager, Carey lamerias ladapo bradley vyner fox, now we’ve got mayor caravan and wotton this Lowe team Is full of nobody’s

Jul 12, 2016
Doyley43":2s3ibqma said:
Cobi Budge":2s3ibqma said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain
How disillusioned some fans are. Mayor instrumental and vital to the way we play? It's our defence that is awful. Those who don't rate him aren't switched on ? It's you who are in the dark.
One of the best players in the league :funny: :funny:

Aug 15, 2015
Cobi Budge":3r6svtzj said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

This coming from the guy who said just over a week ago that we were good enough to compete at the top end of the league & also that Conor Grant could be the next Hourihane. :facepalm: Credibility certainly isn't your strong point.

Nice attempt at point scoring though.

Aug 15, 2015
Doyley43":1qqgrm7b said:
Cobi Budge":1qqgrm7b said:

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain

Really? Do you see a bidding war from the top end L1 clubs in January or? :facepalm:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We wouldn't have avoided defeat with Mayor tonight, but we'd have been a lot better than we were. Our midfield were non existent, Mayor changes that.

Oct 20, 2015
Why am I doom scrolling? I don't think anyone could write anything that could make me feel better about this. Goodnight everyone except Canavan and Wootton