Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rochdale Match Thread

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Doyley43":1yhgqe3j said:
oldage":1yhgqe3j said:
Doyley43":1yhgqe3j said:
Shoenice":1yhgqe3j said:
oldage":1yhgqe3j said:
up_the_line":1yhgqe3j said:
Still. Glad Mayors not playing
Oh give it a rest. You really think he would make that much difference. The whole team is carp tonight.

Of course he ignores us getting battered and losing at both Fleetwood & Peterborough with Mayor in the team. Just using the opportunity of tonight to try and point gain, when Mayor would not be changing this scoreline whatsoever. Sad person.

I honestly don’t think people have any idea of what Mayor brings to this team! Players are scared of his skill and trickery and that opens up so much more. People slag him off because he doesn’t score but he’s so much more than that
Yea,Fleetwood really bricked it!

So you can only quote one game! Did you ever play the game I wonder

Connect 4 maybe?
Guess Who?

McGlinchey just said it exactly right. 'Without Mayor they've just passed it sideways'
Nice to know the pros see it

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Doesn’t strike me that Lowe knows his best side. We’ve had no settled pairing up top - no chance for a partnership to form. He’s chopped and changed. Same at the back. He was petty when he took Aimson off a couple of games back and now he and Opoku are back in. And again tonight... what must Edwards think? You take your best player off at half time. I fear Lowe’s man management is great when it’s going well, and very suspect when it is not.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

Aug 11, 2013
WoodsyGreen":2b9bjefa said:
This is genuinely embarrassing. Rochdale have looked decent tonight but they aren't a good side judging from their form and league position. We've made them look good.

Action plan going forward:

-Get Danny Mayor fit - as a matter of urgency.
-Never pick Wootton or Canavan again. Ever.
-Drop Big Frank - he isn't up to it.
-Play Hardie and Jephcott up front together and keep it that way.
-Drop Michael Cooper. Whether he's good enough or not (and I don't think he is), he's conceded 10 goals in three league games and needs a 'rest'.
-Play Camara from the start.

We've proven we can compete in this league but the wheels have come off and I think that's largely due to too many personnel changes. Let's get back to playing our best team on a regular basis and put this complete monstrosity of a performance behind us as soon as possible.

Agree - plus I’d drop Grant as well (too many chances no end product). Moore too - lost a yard of pace.

Jul 12, 2016
Doyley43":2sswc3af said:
oldage":2sswc3af said:
Doyley43":2sswc3af said:
Shoenice":2sswc3af said:
oldage":2sswc3af said:
up_the_line":2sswc3af said:
Still. Glad Mayors not playing
Oh give it a rest. You really think he would make that much difference. The whole team is carp tonight.

Of course he ignores us getting battered and losing at both Fleetwood & Peterborough with Mayor in the team. Just using the opportunity of tonight to try and point gain, when Mayor would not be changing this scoreline whatsoever. Sad person.

I honestly don’t think people have any idea of what Mayor brings to this team! Players are scared of his skill and trickery and that opens up so much more. People slag him off because he doesn’t score but he’s so much more than that
Yea,Fleetwood really bricked it!

So you can only quote one game! Did you ever play the game I wonder
Peterborough.

Mar 21, 2006
Look - none of this should be any surprise. We can't defend. Full stop. It's been the case for all the time that Lowe has been here. You need a defensive coach to work with the defenders and get them disciplined. We don't have that. You can change the player combinations as much as you like but if the coaching isn't there then your f****d.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Cobi Budge":3azl41a3 said:
It shouldn't have needed proving but tonight has concisely and conclusively proved, beyond all doubt, that Danny Mayor is instrumental & vital to the way we play, he's one of the best players in the League, and that those who don't rate him really aren't that switched on.

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain

Jul 12, 2016
Sidewinder":1eeiwcba said:
This game reminds me of when I play pool when I’m really drunk. No coordination, no composure, no clue.

Worrying.
You mean no cue?

Mar 14, 2009
If Rochdale were a decent side on a great run of form you could make excuses.

Instead they sat tonight outside the relegation zone and on a run of poor form.

They have completely dismantled Argyle.

The questions l would ask Lowe are this

1. Why did you sign on average league two defenders with no pace in Wootton and Canavan?

2. Why play a back 3 when you don’t have the pace in the wing back areas to get up and down the pitch. Cooper is not a wing back. He is either is winger or attacking midfield. The wing backs final ball from the wide positions is often poor.

3. Why continue to play the same system every game. It makes you predictable?

4. The 3-5-2 simply doesn’t work. We don’t have intelligent enough players. We are slow with the ball. Indecisive and naive without it.

Argyle now must face up to the fact they aren’t in a promotion battle this season but a relegation battle. You don’t lose to sides like this and finish in the top half of the table.

If he plays the same formation on Saturday thinking Mayor will change everything then l personally will be gutted. We might get the one off results (maybe even win on Saturday) but in the long term with these group of players with are in trouble playing the same way.

Now we will see what Lowe is made of. If he continues to think he can turn this around playing the same way then l think he may be tactically more naive than we realised.

The worst thing about tonight is how easy it is.

May 1, 2011
Doyley43":ctz0cleh said:
Cobi Budge":ctz0cleh said:

I agree and so will most opposition mangers agree of that I’m certain

Mayor is undoubtedly one of our better players but this result is about way more than just 1 player. If we are relying on Mayor that much things are worse than we may think.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
silkman":1lkez3p4 said:
Look - none of this should be any surprise. We can't defend. Full stop. It's been the case for all the time that Lowe has been here. You need a defensive coach to work with the defenders and get them disciplined. We don't have that. You can change the player combinations as much as you like but if the coaching isn't there then your f****d.
Heard Graham Coughton needs work ! :oops:

Dec 30, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":3qfxwcab said:
Doesn’t strike me that Lowe knows his best side. We’ve had no settled pairing up top - no chance for a partnership to form. He’s chopped and changed. Same at the back. He was petty when he took Aimson off a couple of games back and now he and Opoku are back in. And again tonight... what must Edwards think? You take your best player off at half time. I fear Lowe’s man management is great when it’s going well, and very suspect when it is not.

I'd like to see Edwards back in midfield with Mayor