Argyle's Greatest Team? Goalkeeper nominations | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle's Greatest Team? Goalkeeper nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenskin

PennyX":3amkpix3 said:
Crudgie and Larreiu were my favourites,not necessary the best.Anyone remember Neil Hards?

Blimey,yes.And Dave Philp [?},Ken Veysey and Peta B'alac.One of the less successful keepers was Tony Burns,came down with Malcolm second time around-bit of a shocker really.No doubt our Palace supporting friend will tell us how good he was for them.........

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
Bill Shortt. He made it look so easy in an environment where goalkeepers got very little protection from referees. No other keeper selected as an Argyle player has matched his international record and as old timers like me will remember, Wales had a very good team in the period he played.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
As i have'nt really seen Argyle play on a regular basis i have to limit my selections to the 60's which gives us Maclaren, Leiper, Barnsley, Dunne,

and my best goalie would be Dave Maclaren

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
C

Caz

James dungey (spelling) wasn't he just before le keeper. Seem to remember thinking he wasn't very big.

My vote would be le keeper, shame for him (good for us) that arsenal didn't sign him.

2nd choice (purely as goal keeper) McCormick.

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
Nicholls for me, followed by Wilmot.

Can someone clarify something for me?

I have vague memories that Wilmot used to take goal kicks with one foot, but kick the ball out of his hands with the other. I was only young when watching him play, so can anyone remember?

A

A J

Greatest ever would have to be Peter Shilton 125 caps.
Best keeper in an argyle shirt Alan Nicholls for me,he could of and should have gone all the way to the top in my opinion. :clap:

D

Dickie Moyle

greengenes":1j0ft3o1 said:
Alan Miller . There was one save he made where he twisted and sort of changed direction in mid air I'll never forget . Anyone else recall it ?

Against Everton FA CUP Round 4, 1-1 draw at Home Park. Save from Stuart McCall, was picked out on that evenings Match of the Day as potentially the save of the competition and although I agreed with the assessment it was made by Bob Wilson who was Alan Miller's Goalkeeping Coach at Arsenal, biased much.

And although he may have only been a Green for three months is also my choice as best keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.