Band wagon jumpers | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Band wagon jumpers

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Maidenhead Green":15469lta said:
I'm sorry, but anyone who loves the club that much should be going to games. I travel down every home game from Maidenhead and it costs me a fortune, but I love the club so I do it. People who've moved miles away to the other side of the world can't be that bothered about Argyle or they wouldn't leave.

One would seriously hope that you have unintentionally omitted some smileys with that post.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":r1sgxgy6 said:
justanotherfan":r1sgxgy6 said:
Knarf Reprah":r1sgxgy6 said:
No obsession , just fed up with him ........I wish he'd admit that he doesn't go, rather than pretend .....

The problem is with you and not 84. You come over as a playground bully.

You are joking of course.....

Definitely not, the only thing that 84 is "guilty" of is being over enthusiastic and an almost childlike enjoyment of all things green, for instance when we were having our anus horribilis he was convinced we would turn it around and make the play offs, might be proved right. You should be old enough to ignore that which annoys you.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Andy_S":3a0n13vs said:
Maidenhead Green":3a0n13vs said:
I'm sorry, but anyone who loves the club that much should be going to games. I travel down every home game from Maidenhead and it costs me a fortune, but I love the club so I do it. People who've moved miles away to the other side of the world can't be that bothered about Argyle or they wouldn't leave.

One would seriously hope that you have unintentionally omitted some smileys with that post.

I reckon he's on a fishing trip.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Steamer":37gk6ecw said:
Thanks Mr. Stidwell, That's what I think.
Looking back to the days of the faithful 4 thousand, I remember going up to Charlton with my mate for an evening kick off game. Probably around 1976 or there abouts. The Green Army was out in force. There was me and my mate on the away terrace . . . . and that was it. Green Army . . . numbered 2 and in them days the Valley was huge and the away end probably held 10 000. And now in 2018, I am going to my first game of the season . . . glory hunter that I am! So rollocks to anyone who has the unmitigated audacity to put down any Argyle fan for attending a match . . . .

‘Zackly Steamer...” Rollocks To ‘em” I agree. ( as I said in an earlier post I revel in the Sheer numbers we have who are so truly green at heart)..
..That Valley end was indeed huge....I was quite sorry to see it go......however I’m really wondering where I was hiding, as I’m sure I was there too! Probably with crash helmet!

A Friday evening, not long after I’d started working in London ....I was alone as I couldn’t get any friends to come with me that night ( & certainly not my girlfriend!); & all that Paul Mariner meant to them then ( as he had not long burst on to our scene, from Chorley) was a “ name that I kept going on about!”

Although this thread has indeed become “longer than the silly topic is worth” I think we’ll find that most contributors have posted just to say that.
Best Wishes & Keeping it Green! Ray

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Ray_Stidwell":29lhs06f said:
Steamer":29lhs06f said:
Looking back to the days of the faithful 4 thousand, I remember going up to Charlton with my mate for an evening kick off game. Probably around 1976 or there abouts. The Green Army was out in force. There was me and my mate on the away terrace . . . . and that was it. Green Army . . . numbered 2 and in them days the Valley was huge and the away end probably held 10 000. And now in 2018, I am going to my first game of the season . . . glory hunter that I am! So rollocks to anyone who has the unmitigated audacity to put down any Argyle fan for attending a match . . . .

‘Zackly Steamer...” Rollocks To ‘em” I agree. ( as I said in an earlier post I revel in the Sheer numbers we have who are so truly green at heart)..
..That Valley end was indeed huge....I was quite sorry to see it go......however I’m really wondering where I was hiding, as I’m sure I was there too! Probably with crash helmet!

A Friday evening, not long after I’d started working in London ....I was alone as I couldn’t get any friends to come with me that night ( & certainly not my girlfriend!); & all that Paul Mariner meant to them then ( as he had not long burst on to our scene, from Chorley) was a “ name that I kept going on about!”

Although this thread has indeed become “longer than the silly topic is worth” I think we’ll find that most contributors have posted just to say that.

Maybe you were my mate . . . the other one.

I remember catching the coach from HP. There were a few on the coach but when we got to the ground the other folk disappeared. I though maybe they had gone to the posh bit but being about 16 at the time, I was broke. At half time, I went to the side and stood at the very back for a bit, just to see what it was like and the pitch (No or very little segregation then) seemed bleddy miles off.
Around that time, I remember going to over 20 away matches without seeing us win. Started with the notorious Peterborough match and ended with Torquay (cup match I think) when we won. And now I am called a Band wagon jumper . . . . COYG

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Maidenhead Green":36nrnfx9 said:

It is good that you love Argyle so much and maybe one day a medal will hung around your neck . . . and a statue of you will be erected in the middle of the Demport End. Songs will be written about how amazing you are and perhaps a mini-series will be made portraying every sip of Bovril than flows down your throat. I am in total awe of you and if I didn't have such a bad back I would get down on my knees and present you with one of my very old silk scarfs . . . you know, the ones that us lesser supporters used to tie around our wrists in the 70's and pretend we were hard. You are amazing!

For the rest of us, we just get on with it. Come and go, hot n cold, good cop bad cop, san-fairy- ann. :)

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Steamer":1t3j2km2 said:
Ray_Stidwell":1t3j2km2 said:
Steamer":1t3j2km2 said:

Maybe you were my mate . . . the other one.

I remember catching the coach from HP. There were a few on the coach but when we got to the ground the other folk disappeared. I though maybe they had gone to the posh bit but being about 16 at the time, I was broke. At half time, I went to the side and stood at the very back for a bit, just to see what it was like and the pitch (No or very little segregation then) seemed bleddy miles off.
Around that time, I remember going to over 20 away matches without seeing us win. Started with the notorious Peterborough match and ended with Torquay (cup match I think) when we won. And now I am called a Band wagon jumper . . . . COYG

HaHa! Wouldn’t that have been funny? So you’re still a nipper, eh Steamer! I was 23 then, & so an “Old Codger” now lol! A similar memory ( of forlorn terraces) is the Old ( proper) Oxford ground- Manor Road Headingley, standing in the peeing rain at one of the stanchions next to MF90. Happy Days - long may they continue!

Oct 16, 2016
I’ve always deduced that Frankie and Mr B Green are youngesters that are having a giggle, is there a suggestion that they are indeed seniors that actually mean what they type?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Shankster":3899u54z said:
I’ve always deduced that Frankie and Mr B Green are youngesters that are having a giggle, is there a suggestion that they are indeed seniors that actually mean what they type?

Frankie & Mr B Green. Didn't they open for P Diddy or 50 Cent on the last UK tour?

Oct 16, 2016
Ghost":11hpbv5x said:
Shankster":11hpbv5x said:

Frankie & Mr B Green. Didn't they open for P Diddy or 50 Cent on the last UK tour?
How would I know? Are they new fandangled disco boppers?

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":91zgpt59 said:

Given it a rest mate. You really are a sad individual with nothing else to occupy your time.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Shankster":19ccwndg said:

No idea on BG. There were some photos of the other fella in a tutu (raising money not a fashion trend :)) at Argyle a few years ago though. Not classified as a youngster.

Jan 3, 2013
Balham_Green":3n0qiubx said:
Shankster":3n0qiubx said:

Given it a rest mate. You really are a sad individual with nothing else to occupy your time.

Totally agree BG some of the posters on here actually take this site seriously.
Tutu? Yes.....raised £3500.......but I'm one of these old blokes who don't count. Popped onto the site.....off again

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
cheshiregreen":2mumpji7 said:
Shankster":2mumpji7 said:

No idea on BG. There were some photos of the other fella in a tutu (raising money not a fashion trend :)) at Argyle a few years ago though. Not classified as a youngster.
Look in the GoS archive if you have a strong constitution....

Sep 30, 2004
Knarf Reprah":10depyq3 said:
Balham_Green":10depyq3 said:
Shankster":10depyq3 said:

Totally agree BG some of the posters on here actually take this site seriously.
Tutu? Yes.....raised £3500.......but I'm one of these old blokes who don't count. Popped onto the site.....off again

Franks a legend even though he can’t spell his own name.