Band wagon jumpers | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Band wagon jumpers

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":2kz66fst said:
Is this a bandwagon jumper?

https://twitter.com/joshwiddicombe/stat ... 0907407366

Anyone seen him at a game?
Yep, Newport away last season.

25593864517_1c439aaa47_z.jpg

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
I'll be honest, I got about six pages in and couldn't take anymore b!7(#!ng, so have skipped the last eleven-or-so pages, so this may have been said already so apologies if it has.

A 'Band Wagon Jumper' in my opinion, is someone who only goes to games/a game based solely on the nature of it, beside the fact that they don't care about the result.

For example, I know a few people that attended the Play-Off final v Wimbledon because it was at Wembley and a play-off final. They spent the entirety of the season bemoaning my support for Derek Adams' Green Machine, yet when that big game rolled around, they were all over it. They didn't care about the result. They just wanted to be able to say "I was there when....." The same happened with the Liverpool game last year, and will likely happen should we make it to Wembley this year.

Jun 7, 2006
It's the price you pay for success. Besides none of us were emotionally invested at the start but something led us to attend that first game. Some of the new fans will get the bug, some will not. If we want to grow as a club we need to welcome and encourage everyone who is willing to come through the turnstiles.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
Wango":3bgu36bz said:
It's the price you pay for success. Besides none of us were emotionally invested at the start but something led us to attend that first game. Some of the new fans will get the bug, some will not. If we want to grow as a club we need to welcome and encourage everyone who is willing to come through the turnstiles.

I encourage every local to attend their local teams matches, no matter how few, and will always welcome them. I remember my first match in '97. I've since gone from one end of the spectrum of attending every game, Home and Away to the other end of attending only a handful of games a season. I appreciate that circumstances can change.

Its the people who go for the occasion with only a feigned interest and then go back to criticising and laughing about the team the next week. Win or Lose.

Jul 29, 2010
InterYerMam":3v2686rt said:
Wango":3v2686rt said:

I encourage every local to attend their local teams matches, no matter how few, and will always welcome them. I remember my first match in '97. I've since gone from one end of the spectrum of attending every game, Home and Away to the other end of attending only a handful of games a season. I appreciate that circumstances can change.

Its the people who go for the occasion with only a feigned interest and then go back to criticising and laughing about the team the next week. Win or Lose.
Indeed, those who go simply for the event, not to support the team.

The gesture, with no emotional interest, makes going to a game no different to going to watch a film.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Quizmike":3t99bfxz said:
In his sitcom he has an Argyle shirt, mug and even an Argyle gnome

He was on ago 8 Bit last week. He chose championship manager for his favourite game. He played as Argyle and we beat MK Dons 4-2.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
GreenThing":3jo5ghx0 said:
Quizmike":3jo5ghx0 said:
In his sitcom he has an Argyle shirt, mug and even an Argyle gnome

He was on ago 8 Bit last week. He chose championship manager for his favourite game. He played as Argyle and we beat MK Dons 4-2.

Yeah saw that. I liked his half time tactics. He does mention us quite often on tv.
Didn't he give out an Argyle scarf or hat to actor Russell Crowe on a chat show once?

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Band wagon jumpers or realists?
For various reasons I haven't been to home park for about seven years, I would love to go every home match but the main reason not to go is the price.
There are plenty of fans who can stump up hundreds for a season ticket and others who pay on the day. In my world though I breath green, I cannot afford to go. If someone would like to send me a ticket for a crappy fixture on a cold winters night I will happily go, but to say its literally a glory thing for people is often short sighted.