Band wagon jumpers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Band wagon jumpers

May 16, 2016
Nice to be in the situation to have a wagon available for the Band to jump onto though.

It means things are going well.

Jan 3, 2013
nick_PASTIE":3ev9d4we said:
GreenArmy1984":3ev9d4we said:
Interesting post

I work in retail so work most weekends

However I get To between 8 to 10 Home games per season

Book my holiday and days off around Argyle

35 Years a Pilgrim

Looking forward to Bristol Rovers , Pompey , Rotherham & The Play Offs

COYGS

Same here. Every other weekend is work and with a young family and 100 mile trip to Plymouth everything needs to be in balance for me- time and finances. I’m proud we went to Shrewsbury and Rochdale at home when bottom and we enjoyed those games and the rebuilding, as much as the feel good of Charlton and the steadily improving ground out win against Walsall. We will be there next Saturday but won’t get to anymore than 8 home games each season and a couple of away for a while.

Don’t agree with having a go at those who boost attendances when successful. It’s a fact of life for sport, music and other cultural interests, a lot of people want “feel good” activities and I’m not going to judge them for that.
Agree with you nick pastie.......at least u don't bang on like Green Army !

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Knarf Reprah":1u8acod9 said:
GreenArmy1984":1u8acod9 said:
I remain postive as I have been all season

Exciting Times at Home Park on & off the field

Good Times Are Back

COYGs

How many times have you been this year then?
I welcome the casuals, they do indeed have other priorities, but you bang on and on, are constantly nauseatingly sugar coated ......yet don't even attend matches. THAT'S what gets my goat not the casuals who make no secret of the fact that Argo is not the most important thing in their life!

I Love your obsession with Paul each time he postsaid, it's like some kind of love in.
Mind you they do say opposites attract.

:).

Jan 3, 2013
No obsession , just fed up with him ........I wish he'd admit that he doesn't go, rather than pretend .....

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":2x5b67zg said:
No obsession , just fed up with him ........I wish he'd admit that he doesn't go, rather than pretend .....

He does go though.

You pick on him because he doesn’t go to every game because of his work commitment which he has mentioned several times.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
Those Bandwagon jumpers (as the op labels them(not I)) are where Argyle get the "unbudgeted income" that empowers Plymouth Argyle Football club to grow. To be able to improve training facilities, purchase new equipment, new PCs for the office staff, etc.

There are people out there that are life long argyle fans that cannot go.... I am one. Ever since my last season ticket ran out, I have worked 7:30 am to 6 pm 7 days a week, I cannot attend matches anymore which burns me up inside. Every season I have subscribed to Argyle world/Ifollow. I have purchased from the online store, I have supported the club even though i am unable to attend matches.
I was unable to attend the Liverpool games, I was unable to attend the wembley playoff final, because I was working.

My season ticket ran out in May 2007......... Yes I have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY since then and been unable to attend. Are you a better fan than me....... I say no..... no one can feel more inside for PAFC than I do. If Argyle complete the miracle and get to the playoff final this year...... will I be there.... NO! I will be working. But my heart will. I will Record the match on TV and watch it, later that evening. If we win I will be the happiest man alive, if we lose I will be blubbing.

I will stop this now as I am already getting emotional even just typing this....

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I have long given up worrying about bandwagon-jumpers. Best example was in March 84 in the days when I was an ever-present: Tuesday night Brentford Home, 4,000 gate, Saturday FAC6 Derby 34,000.

What I don’t like is when the never-presents then sound off like the world’ greatest experts in all matters green, or prevent me from getting a ticket - and I readily admit there would be many justifiably in the queue ahead of me.

But hey ho, that’s life, human nature and behavioural economics.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knarf Reprah":1avambef said:

Sad, very sad.

Bullying in my opinion.

Oct 16, 2016
Odd, you (sic) want a new grandstand, the corners filled in but want to ridicule newcomers? Don’t build it then, invest in a few tins of paint and slap a new roof on the existing structure

Absolute tools

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Knarf Reprah":1n91nyf6 said:

Sorry Fankle have to disagree Paul has never pretended he goes to every match, he attends when he can, I admit his outlook on all things Argyle is uber positive but that's just the way he i a bit like OCD. You need to chill a little just smile & wave & let things that grate pass you by.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Allanon":1ig2q695 said:
Those Bandwagon jumpers (as the op labels them(not I)) are where Argyle get the "unbudgeted income" that empowers Plymouth Argyle Football club to grow. To be able to improve training facilities, purchase new equipment, new PCs for the office staff, etc.

There are people out there that are life long argyle fans that cannot go.... I am one. Ever since my last season ticket ran out, I have worked 7:30 am to 6 pm 7 days a week, I cannot attend matches anymore which burns me up inside. Every season I have subscribed to Argyle world/Ifollow. I have purchased from the online store, I have supported the club even though i am unable to attend matches.
I was unable to attend the Liverpool games, I was unable to attend the wembley playoff final, because I was working.

My season ticket ran out in May 2007......... Yes I have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY since then and been unable to attend. Are you a better fan than me....... I say no..... no one can feel more inside for PAFC than I do. If Argyle complete the miracle and get to the playoff final this year...... will I be there.... NO! I will be working. But my heart will. I will Record the match on TV and watch it, later that evening. If we win I will be the happiest man alive, if we lose I will be blubbing.

I will stop this now as I am already getting emotional even just typing this....
Mate, you need a holiday! Don’t worry what other people think. You know how passionate you are about Argyle, that’s all that counts. There’s Argyle fans all over the world who can’t attend. The ones that do are the lucky ones and definitely doesn’t make them some kind of super fan.

Feb 15, 2005
The more the merrier for our clubs cash flow but my concern is when we pack them in then it usually means a below par performance, let’s hope not.

I’m amazed that the word “bullying” has been used when expressing an opinion, snowflakes.

Oct 16, 2016
Allanon":om4qhiyl said:

You work 12 hrs a day everyday of the week and have done for 11 years? Have you signed the EU working hrs directive opt out bud?

It’s a huge shame and football is irrelevant, you need to get that down to at least five day weeks and live, because one day you’ll die, I guarantee it. Take it easy bud

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
‘Zackly Mork; my only thoughts on this whole issue are:
- Delight ( & pride/gratitude even) that the numbers/demand are so great on such occasions, reinforcing how extensive The Green Army is; all of whom, from my observations, with a clear passion for Argyle.
- This is a state of affairs that can only augur well going forward.....and is...
- a far healthier state of affairs than say for AFC Wombles or Wycombe, whose recent Wembley showings were so much less & reflected :
- comparatively tiny bases, supplemented on those occasions by a significant percentage of folk who had little passion, but for whom the short journey length was key to their going.