Band wagon jumpers | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Band wagon jumpers

Sep 30, 2004
davie nine":2k61tova said:
gandalf_the_green":2k61tova said:
Cobalt 60":2k61tova said:
Ok all those that were scrambling for Liverpool tickets last season dig deep and help fill Home Park next week and let’s have a full house... cue Delia.. Let’s be havin you!!

I might just jump on the bandwagon,probably when the weather warms up,although i’m not certain if I will.
I knew you were only in a fantasy world, Gandalf.

Having a bit of trouble with some orcs at the moment Dave,once their sorted out,I’ll take in a game at Rivendell.

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I don't get this type of thread - as most of us know Argyle fans are by nature fickle.

I don't have a problem with the fans jumping on the so called bandwagon. It doesn't make them bad fans and their money still ends up in the Argyle coffers and they may return more frequently if we keep doing well.

Everyone has a choice and whether it's decided by financial, distance, work/care or just plain 'I can't be bothered every week' approach why start slagging them off ?

Some people just have Argyle at a different level of importance in their life - but they are still fans.

May 22, 2006
Ah yes, no matter how good things are going there are always people finding something to moan about.

And as usual their solution is to just moan about it some more.

And then they wonder why people don't wanna sit next to them unless they're compelled to do so.

Oct 16, 2016
Ham Green":3jqgff51 said:
Ah yes, no matter how good things are going there are always people finding something to moan about.

And as usual their solution is to just moan about it some more.

And then they wonder why people don't wanna sit next to them unless they're compelled to do so.

And then leave early......

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":1d0bjy5q said:
jerryatricjanner":1d0bjy5q said:
Exactly as I see it. He knows full well why he can't attend more, and he does at every possible opportunity. When you are Plymouth based, retired and probably comfortably so it is a very different situation.

NO PROBLEM WITH "him" being unable to attend, but I bite with "his" incessant posts bigging up Argo when "he" isn't there! If I acted like that I would get hammered and quite rightly.

If someone annoys you so much, why not put them on ignore?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PlymOdi":27d79e7p said:
Knarf Reprah":27d79e7p said:
jerryatricjanner":27d79e7p said:
Exactly as I see it. He knows full well why he can't attend more, and he does at every possible opportunity. When you are Plymouth based, retired and probably comfortably so it is a very different situation.

NO PROBLEM WITH "him" being unable to attend, but I bite with "his" incessant posts bigging up Argo when "he" isn't there! If I acted like that I would get hammered and quite rightly.

If someone annoys you so much, why not put them on ignore?
i have put greenarmy1984 on ignore.problem is,if another poster quotes him you still see what he posted. :banghead: there is no escape i tell you!!!!!!!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":35vdm6hk said:
No obsession , just fed up with him ........I wish he'd admit that he doesn't go, rather than pretend .....

The problem is with you and not 84. You come over as a playground bully.

A

acorn

I can only get to 6-7 games a season due to work. Each time I go I take my daughter, mum and nephew so paying for four tickets each time. We often spend money in the club shop and on food. I’m sure the people who run Argyle welcome my support however infrequent .

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
As soon as anyone puts on an Argyle shirt, an Argyle scarf around their neck (or wrist :scarf: ), their feet on an Argyle away terrace, their backside on an Argyle seat, or just feel good when Argyle score or win; they are a member of the Green Army as far as I am concerned, no matter who they are and how many games they’ve previously been to, whether it’s in amongst 1,500 at Home Park in the freezing fog on a Tuesday night to watch a relegation side or in amongst the Green Army in full force at Anfield to watch Jervis shoot wide when 1-on-1 with the keeper to win it. Being a Plymouth Argyle supporter is a state of mind and all are welcome!

As an example, I’ve now watched Argyle on 82 of the current 92 grounds with Fleetwood coming next to make it 83. If I can’t get a ticket for Fleetwood then i’ll be annoyed, but not annoyed with the people who got tickets ahead of me, but annoyed with myself for not being organised enough to get myself higher up the queue for tickets.

Oct 16, 2016
Southampton Green":badi42ep said:
As soon as anyone puts on an Argyle shirt, an Argyle scarf around their neck (or wrist :scarf: ), their feet on an Argyle away terrace, their backside on an Argyle seat, or just feel good when Argyle score or win; they are a member of the Green Army as far as I am concerned, no matter who they are and how many games they’ve previously been to, whether it’s in amongst 1,500 at Home Park in the freezing fog on a Tuesday night to watch a relegation side or in amongst the Green Army in full force at Anfield to watch Jervis shoot wide when 1-on-1 with the keeper to win it. Being a Plymouth Argyle supporter is a state of mind and all are welcome!

As an example, I’ve now watched Argyle on 82 of the current 92 grounds with Fleetwood coming next to make it 83. If I can’t get a ticket for Fleetwood then i’ll be annoyed, but not annoyed with the people who got tickets ahead of me, but annoyed with myself for not being organised enough to get myself higher up the queue for tickets.

Grown men in replica shirts is very, very wrong

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Shankster":1z8cb9v0 said:
Southampton Green":1z8cb9v0 said:

Yes, there’s a point that putting on a replica shirt to look like the players is a thing for the kids, but in football it’s more than that, it’s the “tribal badge” adopted by every club in the world.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Shankster":nst60d1w said:
Southampton Green":nst60d1w said:

So is supporting Liverpool, but we let it slide.

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":y8n0tlte said:
Shankster":y8n0tlte said:
Southampton Green":y8n0tlte said:

So is supporting Liverpool, but we let it slide.

A cross I must carry