Big Green Lottery | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Green Lottery

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":10d4pw8q said:
You know me Ade, we've met several times, I won £10,000. :wave:

ucRujjV.jpg

Yes Ian I know you and I did know you had won but don’t take this the wrong way but you’ve won the 50/50 a few times when no-one else I know has come close.

I asked a few years ago if transparency would equate to knowing where in the ground the 50/50 tickets were purchased and i’m still none the wiser. I’d imagine, the last 18 months there’s been more Lyndhurst people winning and I wonder if that luck will migrate back to the elite stand now.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Until June, 2017, there were 10 x £10 winners each week so, obviously, there were a lot more winners but the £10 prizes were only just over 1 month’s subscription.
From June, 2017, we have the weekly rollover draw. There is still the potential of £100 per week rising to £200 in the second week and up to a maximum of £500 which is paid in the 5th week if there has been no winner in the previous 4 weeks.
There is still the £500 monthly draw plus a ‘money can’t buy prize’ which has been a hospitality package for 2 in recent months.
Finally, of course, there is the £12k prize which I understand will be announced next week.
I have won a couple of £10 prizes in the past but nothing since June 2017. Like everyone else who participates, I live in hope.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ade the green":2cqzbuee said:
IJN":2cqzbuee said:

ucRujjV.jpg

Yes Ian I know you and I did know you had won but don’t take this the wrong way but you’ve won the 50/50 a few times when no-one else I know has come close.

I asked a few years ago if transparency would equate to knowing where in the ground the 50/50 tickets were purchased and i’m still none the wiser. I’d imagine, the last 18 months there’s been more Lyndhurst people winning and I wonder if that luck will migrate back to the elite stand now.

Errr what way is anyone supposed to read that other than you think there’s something dodgy going on?

I know a few people that have won the 50/50, but I also know they don’t by just one ticket each week.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I’ve won a few tenners but nothing for the last couple of years.

I’ve also been in the final ten for the big money but sadly no luck. However, a signed shirt, a signed ball and two hospitality packages weren’t bad consolation prizes.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Alan Turing":2klap5hv said:
I’ve won a few tenners but nothing for the last couple of years.

I’ve also been in the final ten for the big money but sadly no luck. However, a signed shirt, a signed ball and two hospitality packages weren’t bad consolation prizes.

Well done Alan.

Although I ask for more transparency about the 50/50. Even the national lottery can tell you where the winning ticket was bought and as I asked 2 years ago if there was a way to advertise which part of the ground had more winners than others. Only because of the lack of transparency did I stop buying 50/50 because I had no idea if my ticket was getting into the tombola.

Daz, is that clear enough for you?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":85oq502l said:
Ade the green":85oq502l said:
IJN":85oq502l said:

ucRujjV.jpg

Errr what way is anyone supposed to read that other than you think there’s something dodgy going on?

I know a few people that have won the 50/50, but I also know they don’t by just one ticket each week.

So you know a few and yet I know of no-one. Guess it’s just the circles we mix in.

I assume you’ll confirm that these people bought their tickets from different vendors every week?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
My problem has been trying to find a 50/50 seller on some occasions since I moved back to the Mayflower Upper East.
However, one thing you can be sure of is that there is nothing ‘dodgy’ going on with a raffle organised by Ken Beale.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
davie nine":3ggmg2o8 said:
My problem has been trying to find a 50/50 seller on some occasions since I moved back to the Mayflower Upper East.
However, one thing you can be sure of is that there is nothing ‘dodgy’ going on with a raffle organised by Ken Beale.

I’m sure you’re right in what you say. All I ask is for transparency. What’s wrong with that?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The national lottery is done digitally you moron. The 50/50 sellers can be flagged down by people whilst wondering from one part of the ground to the other, so they can’t give you an exact part of the ground they were bought.

Do you think they are pocketing your money and throwing away the stubs? Casting doubt on the good people that contribute to our club is out of order. :banghead:

Edit to add - the 2 people I know who have won this season sit in different parts of the ground.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":3v41kzs4 said:
Ade the green":3v41kzs4 said:
Daz":3v41kzs4 said:
Ade the green":3v41kzs4 said:
IJN":3v41kzs4 said:

ucRujjV.jpg

So you know a few and yet I know of no-one. Guess it’s just the circles we mix in.

I assume you’ll confirm that these people bought their tickets from different vendors every week?

The national lottery is done digitally you moron. The 50/50 sellers can be flagged down by people whilst wondering from one part of the ground to the other, so they can’t give you an exact part of the ground they were bought.

Do you think they are pocketing your money and throwing away the stubs? Casting doubt on the good people that contribute to our club is out of order. :banghead:

Edit to add - the 2 people I know who have won this season sit in different parts of the ground.

Yes, I do know the national lottery is done digitally but for crying out loud you prick, there’s not thousands of places to buy 50/50 tickets is there? So what’s wrong with asking the winners where they bought tickets and advertise it?

Instead of insults why not ask yourselves that if 100% of winning tickets was bought in the fanfests there will be reason enough to not buy them elsewhere. Why should it be a hard question to answer when the winners are all in the same place? Seems to me you lot spend more time questioning the questioner than answering the question.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ade the green":nf64gk0p said:
Daz":nf64gk0p said:
Daz":nf64gk0p said:
IJN":nf64gk0p said:

ucRujjV.jpg

Yes, I do know the national lottery is done digitally but for crying out loud you [Insult Removed by Site Admin], there’s not thousands of places to buy 50/50 tickets is there? So what’s wrong with asking the winners where they bought tickets and advertise it?

Instead of insults why not ask yourselves that if 100% of winning tickets was bought in the fanfests there will be reason enough to not buy them elsewhere. Why should it be a hard question to answer when the winners are all in the same place? Seems to me you lot spend more time questioning the questioner than answering the question.

Who is 'you lot'? The people i know who won don't know each other. Perhaps you should have a word with yourself and stop accusing good people of wrong doing without a shred of evidence other than you don't know anyone who has won it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Have I accused anyone? I asked the same question about transparency I asked two years ago and I received the same abuse then.

I Stopped buying 50/50 tickets because I couldn’t get a straight answer and whilst I notice the 50/50 is advertised here regularly it seems nobody from them can come on here and say why they can’t ask the winners where they buy their tickets. Pretty simple i’d Have thought as in “well done last weeks winner whose ticket was bought at the fanfest” or “well done last week’s winner who bought their ticket in the grandstand”.

I ask again, how hard is that?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've had a word with Ken Beale and he will let people know on his notes of the upcoming prizes, where the last cash winner was drawn from.

Apparently the last big cash winners were the "Chico Brothers" who brought their winning tickets in the GT Suite I think he said they were in a syndicate of five!

Just for transparency Ade, the day "I" won the £1200 I was in a syndicate with three others, and we put in £100.

On the one where I won £600+ I put £20 in. Which I did every game. Now I'm a pensioner I have dropped that to £10.

I'd also add when I attended a Pompey game a few seasons ago, they had a 50/50 competition and the winning prize money was £300 that day, a day where c1800 turned up.

I hope you start buying tickets again as A) You have a chance of winning good prizes and B) Half of the money raised goes to us fans. Only recently £1000's have been given to have a defibrillators at each corner of the ground. money given to PADSA, a donation for the GT building, contributing to the fitting of disabled friendly doors in the main reception etc.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":e7uiuf1x said:
I've had a word with Ken Beale and he will let people know on his notes of the upcoming prizes, where the last cash winner was drawn from.

Apparently the last big cash winners were the "Chico Brothers" who brought their winning tickets in the GT Suite I think he said they were in a syndicate of five!

Just for transparency Ade, the day "I" won the £1200 I was in a syndicate with three others, and we put in £100.

On the one where I won £600+ I put £20 in. Which I did every game. Now I'm a pensioner I have dropped that to £10.

I'd also add when I attended a Pompey game a few seasons ago, they had a 50/50 competition and the winning prize money was £300 that day, a day where c1800 turned up.

I know and I did say before that you bought a lot more tickets than I did.

I don’t believe I’m being unreasonable as I don’t ask for names or for people to be forced to give themselves up as winners. Just knowing where the winners were bought seems like a simple solution for someone as superstitious as I am.

It might be that the way the tombola is loaded has as much to do with winners than where the tickets are bought but I know it’s not an exact science to pick a winner at 12 minutes past 2 as opposed to 14 minutes past.

I’m certainly not doubting how you have had more luck than I as I said before.