Big Green Lottery | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Green Lottery

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2eofr2uw said:
I've had a word with Ken Beale and he will let people know on his notes of the upcoming prizes, where the last cash winner was drawn from.

Apparently the last big cash winners were the "Chico Brothers" who brought their winning tickets in the GT Suite I think he said they were in a syndicate of five!

Just for transparency Ade, the day "I" won the Ā£1200 I was in a syndicate with three others, and we put in Ā£100.

On the one where I won Ā£600+ I put Ā£20 in. Which I did every game. Now I'm a pensioner I have dropped that to Ā£10.

I'd also add when I attended a Pompey game a few seasons ago, they had a 50/50 competition and the winning prize money was Ā£300 that day, a day where c1800 turned up.

I hope you start buying tickets again as A) You have a chance of winning good prizes and B) Half of the money raised goes to us fans. Only recently Ā£1000's have been given to have a defibrillators at each corner of the ground. money given to PADSA, a donation for the GT building, contributing to the fitting of disabled friendly doors in the main reception etc.
Not forgetting the kind donation to the Argyle Archive.

https://twitter.com/ArgyleArchive/statu ... 5095653376

Closest I've ever come to winning was a couple of games ago where I was 2 numbers away from having a day out with Dave Rowntree. :) I'll keep buying and keep hoping.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ade the green":dunv2fgs said:
IJN":dunv2fgs said:
I've had a word with Ken Beale and he will let people know on his notes of the upcoming prizes, where the last cash winner was drawn from.

Apparently the last big cash winners were the "Chico Brothers" who brought their winning tickets in the GT Suite I think he said they were in a syndicate of five!

Just for transparency Ade, the day "I" won the Ā£1200 I was in a syndicate with three others, and we put in Ā£100.

On the one where I won Ā£600+ I put Ā£20 in. Which I did every game. Now I'm a pensioner I have dropped that to Ā£10.

I'd also add when I attended a Pompey game a few seasons ago, they had a 50/50 competition and the winning prize money was Ā£300 that day, a day where c1800 turned up.

I know and I did say before that you bought a lot more tickets than I did.

I donā€™t believe Iā€™m being unreasonable as I donā€™t ask for names or for people to be forced to give themselves up as winners. Just knowing where the winners were bought seems like a simple solution for someone as superstitious as I am.

It might be that the way the tombola is loaded has as much to do with winners than where the tickets are bought but I know itā€™s not an exact science to pick a winner at 12 minutes past 2 as opposed to 14 minutes past.

Iā€™m certainly not doubting how you have had more luck than I as I said before.

Oh, and I did mean superstitious not what youā€™re thinking Daz.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I don't really understand how, in a random draw, it 'matters' where people bought their ticket.
If 100% have been won by fanfest attendees, then it must surely just be that they have bought a greater percentage of the tickets?
Why would you not buy a ticket in the Lyndhurst because last week's winner sat in the grandstand? :think: :crazy:

Sure you might be interested where each week's winner sits but to suggest that it is a 50:40/10 draw and that Ken and his sellers are part of an international money laundering mafia is quite the leap!! :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
A puff of white smoke
On Thursday, February 20, the Grand Draw for Ā£12,000 will take place during the Argyle Community Day at Home Park and our ten finalists will be announced in the next 24 hours.
Next week will also see us announce the Ā£500 winner for January, the latest rollover draws and our Argyle experience winner.

As well as giving away a Ā£12,000 prize each year, the BGL also offers monthly cash prizes of Ā£500, a weekly rollover rising by Ā£100 every seven days, special Argyle experiences and ticket priority for big games.

These fantastic benefits for our members are, however, a side show to the main aim of raising money for the Academy. At present, we have just under 600 members but increasing this BGL following to 1,000 would generate a huge amount of extra funding for the Academy.
The BGL membership costs just Ā£10 per month. To join now or find out more, please contact bgl@pafc.co.uk
Link

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
At least one Pasoti'ite on there. Well done all, and good luck.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pogleswoody":2fplygtq said:
I don't really understand how, in a random draw, it 'matters' where people bought their ticket.
If 100% have been won by fanfest attendees, then it must surely just be that they have bought a greater percentage of the tickets?
Why would you not buy a ticket in the Lyndhurst because last week's winner sat in the grandstand? :think: :crazy:

Sure you might be interested where each week's winner sits but to suggest that it is a 50:40/10 draw and that Ken and his sellers are part of an international money laundering mafia is quite the leap!! :lol:

If thatā€™s your logic Iā€™ll allow you to think that way but if it turns out the 50/50 is only being won by people in the fan fest do you think it would be of interest to anyone in the Lyndhurst if they knew that?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ade the green":1u2912xe said:
Pogleswoody":1u2912xe said:
Why would you not buy a ticket in the Lyndhurst because last week's winner sat in the grandstand?

If thatā€™s your logic Iā€™ll allow you to think that way but if it turns out the 50/50 is only being won by people in the fan fest do you think it would be of interest to anyone in the Lyndhurst if they knew that?

Yes, of course, if it is a random draw anyone with a ticket can win the next draw!! :scarf:
The only alternative (which people think you are implying) is that it is fixed in some way, so I'd rather my logic than your suspicion any day!!

Congrats to all the finalists btw, I suppose they are all fanfest attendees?? :think:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pogleswoody":1x6fj8x4 said:
Ade the green":1x6fj8x4 said:
Pogleswoody":1x6fj8x4 said:
Why would you not buy a ticket in the Lyndhurst because last week's winner sat in the grandstand?

Yes, of course, if it is a random draw anyone with a ticket can win the next draw!! :scarf:
The only alternative (which people think you are implying) is that it is fixed in some way, so I'd rather my logic than your suspicion any day!!

Congrats to all the finalists btw, I suppose they are all fanfest attendees?? :think:
The finalists didnā€™t have to attend a Fan Fest; they pay Ā£9.75 a month for the Big Green Lottery.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
davie nine":ookoox11 said:
Pogleswoody":ookoox11 said:
Ade the green":ookoox11 said:
Pogleswoody":ookoox11 said:

Sure you might be interested where each week's winner sits but to suggest that it is a 50:40/10 draw and that Ken and his sellers are part of an international money laundering mafia is quite the leap!!

The finalists didnā€™t have to attend a Fan Fest; they pay Ā£9.75 a month for the Big Green Lottery.

Sorry davie I was just having a little 'fun poke' at Ade's Suspicious Mind!! :oops:

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Pogleswoody":1bhybi7k said:
davie nine":1bhybi7k said:
Ade the green":1bhybi7k said:

Sure you might be interested where each week's winner sits but to suggest that it is a 50:40/10 draw and that Ken and his sellers are part of an international money laundering mafia is quite the leap!!

Sorry davie I was just having a little 'fun poke' at Ade's Suspicious Mind!! :oops:
Is Elvis one of the finalists?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
L G":s4vv2f3u said:
Pogleswoody":s4vv2f3u said:
davie nine":s4vv2f3u said:
Ade the green":s4vv2f3u said:

Yes, of course, if it is a random draw anyone with a ticket can win the next draw!!

Is Elvis one of the finalists?

He never made it to the list. He did complain that the lottery balls were not all shook up! :coat:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
List of 10 finalists for Thursday's Big Draw at the Argyle Community Day.

1.Stuart Jackson from Norwich
2.Alison Higson from Truro
3.Mr D. Williams from Plymouth
4.Christopher Gue from Saltash
5.Robin Purnell from Brixham
6.Mrs A. Soper from Plymouth
7.Michael Perry from Eggbuckland
8.Carol Murton from Plymouth
9.Mike Simpson from Redhill
10.Mr R. Smith from Plymouth

Good Luck All!!!