Big News (grandstand season tickets) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big News (grandstand season tickets)

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Ghost":1etqek94 said:
cheshiregreen":1etqek94 said:
kernow19":1etqek94 said:

@Only1Argyle
Relocation, Relocation, Relocation #pafc https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/februa ... elocation/

How long before the first complaint is posted?

Can't wait to see the work underway and finished for 19/20.

Excellent. Our first season in the Premier League, with a shiny new grandstand.
It’s not new! I’d still take the premier league though.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":31mo5hs5 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":31mo5hs5 said:
(First complaint)

Heaven forbid they could employ common sense and make blocks 15 and 16 available.

Seriously, if they are that concerned about that area they could even make it available either in its entirety, or just initially to Grandstand refugees. Or do the Grandstanders pose a high risk of disorder?

So frustrating, some of the decisions these people make. I know of three people yesterday who were put off coming to the game because of concerns about being able to sit with their friends. Argyles ludicrous policy of blanket closure of blocks is only going to exacerbate that problem.

Same old Argo.

Seriously, you are like the opposition party when the Government announce a perfectly good policy and they have to oppose it somehow.

So your friends who don't want to come to an 11000 game just in case they can't sit together can get first dibs on seats so they CAN sit together.

Good news hey?

So you think it’s a good idea when a whole stand is being closed, to cram as many people as possible into as small an area as possible, and not make blocks 15 16 etc available to Grandstanders from the outset?

Really?

I’m trying to find the logic in it. But it’s bonkers. You call it a “perfectly good policy”. Can you explain how this is better than giving Grandstanders or others more seating options?

Jul 14, 2008
No cramming necessary - there are loads of non season ticket seats available in good positions in blocks 1-14

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Herts_Green":3cb7bj3v said:
No cramming necessary - there are loads of non season ticket seats available in good positions in blocks 1-14

But the net result is you have the whole of the Grandstand and Mayflower trying to fit in blocks 1-14 on top of ( for example ) the sort of crowd we had yesterday. It isn’t just Grandstand season ticket holders is it?

It’s obvious what will happen. They won’t allow any season tickets past block 14, but they’ll have to open those blocks up to pay on the dayers to meet demand.

So why the hell not give fans more options from the outset? Options that are there and ready to be used?

What’s the capacity of blocks 1-14? 8,000?

It’s beyond rediculous.

Jul 14, 2008
The Grumpy Loyal":1p6cjqc4 said:
Herts_Green":1p6cjqc4 said:

But the net result is you have the whole of the Grandstand and Mayflower trying to fit in blocks 1-14 on top of ( for example ) the sort of crowd we had yesterday. It isn’t just Grandstand season ticket holders is it?

It’s obvious what will happen. They won’t allow any season tickets past block 14, but they’ll have to open those blocks up to pay on the dayers to meet demand.

So why the hell not give fans more options from the outset? Options that are there and ready to be used?

It’s beyond rediculous.

I can see where you’re coming from but it does cost Argyle money to open those blocks as they have to pay for additional stewards. If we don’t go up this season and it transpires that we have a very ordinary season next year we will probably average about 8,500 again which would mean that opening blocks 15 and 16 would have been unnecessary even with the Grandstand shut

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":5wodzye0 said:
(First complaint)

Heaven forbid they could employ common sense and make blocks 15 and 16 available.

Seriously, if they are that concerned about that area they could even make it available either in its entirety, or just initially to Grandstand refugees. Or do the Grandstanders pose a high risk of disorder?

So frustrating, some of the decisions these people make. I know of three people yesterday who were put off coming to the game because of concerns about being able to sit with their friends. Argyles ludicrous policy of blanket closure of blocks is only going to exacerbate that problem.

Same old Argo.

You are bleddy clueless mate and the irony of you questioning other people's common sense gave me a good laugh.

Why on earth would the club open up the two blocks it uses to flex capacity with. If they get sold to season ticket holders we have to open those two blocks regardless of demand. Whether we're playing Leeds on the opening day of our first Championship game in over a decade or a mid-table L1 dead rubber against Northampton you'd have those blocks open with catering staff, stewarding, the works all paid for regardless.

13,000 sell out or just about hitting 7,000; every block would be open and the club has zero control over that. Absolute genius that would be!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Herts_Green":tbdk7jlm said:
The Grumpy Loyal":tbdk7jlm said:
Herts_Green":tbdk7jlm said:

It’s beyond rediculous.

I can see where you’re coming from but it does cost Argyle money to open those blocks as they have to pay for additional stewards. If we don’t go up this season and it transpires that we have a very ordinary season next year we will probably average about 8,500 again which would mean that opening blocks 15 and 16 would have been unnecessary even with the Grandstand shut

If we have genuine serious aspirations about going up to tier 2 - either this season or next even, then at some point the powers that be have to stop thinking like a fourth division club. Keeping an area OOB because it may cost a bit more for stewards really is backward thinking and planning. Especially when they’ll almost certainly have to open them up anyway or put up the ‘full house’ signs with fans locked out when we get past about the 9,000 mark.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Ollieargyle9":u4mdvayy said:
The Grumpy Loyal":u4mdvayy said:
(First complaint)

Same old Argo.

You are bleddy clueless mate and the irony of you questioning other people's common sense gave me a good laugh.

Why on earth would the club open up the two blocks it uses to flex capacity with. If they get sold to season ticket holders we have to open those two blocks regardless of demand. Whether we're playing Leeds on the opening day of our first Championship game in over a decade or a mid-table L1 dead rubber against Northampton you'd have those blocks open with catering staff, stewarding, the works all paid for regardless.

13,000 sell out or just about hitting 7,000; every block would be open and the club has zero control over that. Absolute genius that would be!

You call me clueless then quote getting a 13,000 sellout. You don’t even know how many seats are in the horseshoe.

You’re also making things up. I haven’t even talked about opening EVERY block. I talked about blocks 15 and 16.

It’s a measure of your obvious small time 4th division thinking, when you you talk about opening up another food kiosk as some sort of Armageddon scenario. LOL.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":2v2c59ao said:
Quizmike":2v2c59ao said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2v2c59ao said:
(First complaint)

Same old Argo.

Seriously, you are like the opposition party when the Government announce a perfectly good policy and they have to oppose it somehow.

So your friends who don't want to come to an 11000 game just in case they can't sit together can get first dibs on seats so they CAN sit together.

Good news hey?

Guess none of those three were at Anfield as it was a one ticket per person and they would have to sit apart from each other. Shame they missed a terrific day out.

Hey GL - missed your response on this.

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
The Grumpy Loyal":a8r12uda said:
Herts_Green":a8r12uda said:

It’s beyond rediculous.

It's quite possible that from a legal point of view, if they offer ST's to you in 15/16, they would be obliged to offer them to everyone. This would only go one way wouldn't it? The numties would want to get just that little bit closer to the opposition causing much more matchday turmoil and stewarding costs. Better to keep it the way it is. The few spoiling it for the many again unfortunately.

tonsk

T

The Grumpy Loyal

cheshiregreen":o2y3iz4y said:
cheshiregreen":o2y3iz4y said:
Quizmike":o2y3iz4y said:
The Grumpy Loyal":o2y3iz4y said:
(First complaint)

Same old Argo.

Good news hey?

Guess none of those three were at Anfield as it was a one ticket per person and they would have to sit apart from each other. Shame they missed a terrific day out.

Hey GL - missed your response on this.

I’ve no idea if they went to Anfield. I’ve no doubt if they did though, they’d have had a great time accessing tickets with the fabulous system we put into play.

May 16, 2016
Herts_Green":1o66mrp0 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1o66mrp0 said:
Herts_Green":1o66mrp0 said:

It’s beyond rediculous.

To be fair to Grumpy, he does have a point. It would be easier to just open the Blocks exclusively for the Grandstand migrants initially. A quick look at the diagrams shows not much availability of central seats at a similar height to the Grandstand. A few people will end up with a possible soaking if the weather is unkind.

There wouldn't be that many extra stewards required as the ones currently in the Grandstand would not be required on that side.

The catering facilities at that end of the stand are generally less busy when I pass through that area pre game. I dont go down there at half time though so cant comment on that.

The Club are trying to be fair, but I think they could make it easier for all concerned. Unless, they're planning to open those blocks as the rest of the Lyndhurst gets saturated with ST holders, in which case it gets easier for them to manage individual match ticket sales.