Big News (grandstand season tickets) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big News (grandstand season tickets)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

tonsk":s1h1ds0o said:
The Grumpy Loyal":s1h1ds0o said:
Herts_Green":s1h1ds0o said:
No cramming necessary - there are loads of non season ticket seats available in good positions in blocks 1-14

But the net result is you have the whole of the Grandstand and Mayflower trying to fit in blocks 1-14 on top of ( for example ) the sort of crowd we had yesterday. It isn’t just Grandstand season ticket holders is it?

It’s obvious what will happen. They won’t allow any season tickets past block 14, but they’ll have to open those blocks up to pay on the dayers to meet demand.

So why the hell not give fans more options from the outset? Options that are there and ready to be used?

What’s the capacity of blocks 1-14? 8,000?

It’s beyond rediculous.

It's quite possible that from a legal point of view, if they offer ST's to you in 15/16, they would be obliged to offer them to everyone. This would only go one way wouldn't it? The numties would want to get just that little bit closer to the opposition causing much more matchday turmoil and stewarding costs. Better to keep it the way it is. The few spoiling it for the many again unfortunately.

tonsk

In effect all they are doing really is getting closer to....the family stand.

But what an opportunity for the club to identify these so-called numpties, if they buy a season ticket and act like a numpty - from their season ticket seat? Win win?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Guiri Green":1jqj174u said:
Herts_Green":1jqj174u said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1jqj174u said:
Herts_Green":1jqj174u said:
No cramming necessary - there are loads of non season ticket seats available in good positions in blocks 1-14

But the net result is you have the whole of the Grandstand and Mayflower trying to fit in blocks 1-14 on top of ( for example ) the sort of crowd we had yesterday. It isn’t just Grandstand season ticket holders is it?

It’s obvious what will happen. They won’t allow any season tickets past block 14, but they’ll have to open those blocks up to pay on the dayers to meet demand.

So why the hell not give fans more options from the outset? Options that are there and ready to be used?

What’s the capacity of blocks 1-14? 8,000?

It’s beyond rediculous.

I can see where you’re coming from but it does cost Argyle money to open those blocks as they have to pay for additional stewards. If we don’t go up this season and it transpires that we have a very ordinary season next year we will probably average about 8,500 again which would mean that opening blocks 15 and 16 would have been unnecessary even with the Grandstand shut

To be fair to Grumpy, he does have a point. It would be easier to just open the Blocks exclusively for the Grandstand migrants initially. A quick look at the diagrams shows not much availability of central seats at a similar height to the Grandstand. A few people will end up with a possible soaking if the weather is unkind.

There wouldn't be that many extra stewards required as the ones currently in the Grandstand would not be required on that side.

The catering facilities at that end of the stand are generally less busy when I pass through that area pre game. I dont go down there at half time though so cant comment on that.

The Club are trying to be fair, but I think they could make it easier for all concerned. Unless, they're planning to open those blocks as the rest of the Lyndhurst gets saturated with ST holders, in which case it gets easier for them to manage individual match ticket sales.

Hallelujah.

Let’s see if you get jumped on aswell.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":ca3ehj74 said:
Ollieargyle9":ca3ehj74 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":ca3ehj74 said:
(First complaint)

Heaven forbid they could employ common sense and make blocks 15 and 16 available.

Seriously, if they are that concerned about that area they could even make it available either in its entirety, or just initially to Grandstand refugees. Or do the Grandstanders pose a high risk of disorder?

So frustrating, some of the decisions these people make. I know of three people yesterday who were put off coming to the game because of concerns about being able to sit with their friends. Argyles ludicrous policy of blanket closure of blocks is only going to exacerbate that problem.

Same old Argo.

You are bleddy clueless mate and the irony of you questioning other people's common sense gave me a good laugh.

Why on earth would the club open up the two blocks it uses to flex capacity with. If they get sold to season ticket holders we have to open those two blocks regardless of demand. Whether we're playing Leeds on the opening day of our first Championship game in over a decade or a mid-table L1 dead rubber against Northampton you'd have those blocks open with catering staff, stewarding, the works all paid for regardless.

13,000 sell out or just about hitting 7,000; every block would be open and the club has zero control over that. Absolute genius that would be!

You call me clueless then quote getting a 13,000 sellout. You don’t even know how many seats are in the horseshoe.

You’re also making things up. I haven’t even talked about opening EVERY block. I talked about blocks 15 and 16.

It’s a measure of your obvious small time 4th division thinking, when you you talk about opening up another food kiosk as some sort of Armageddon scenario. LOL.

13k sellout in what would be a 14.5k capacity ground? Or have you forgotten we have to cater for away fans even in the Championship?

Point to where I've described anything as an armageddon scenario. I'm talking about business sense of having the freedom to flex the cost to meet demand. We have no idea where we'll be next season, you of all people bang on about how unambitious the club is yet suddenly we're dead certs for the Championship and will need to offer out as many seats as we can right now before anything is decided.

For what it's worth the club has got it spot on. Ease current ST holders minds by allowing them to save seats for themselves but don't commit anyone to anything and allow the club and fans complete freedom come the end of the season when we know where we stand and have a better idea of how many STs will be required.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Ollie, how are you getting 14,500 capacity from a horseshoe that with absolutely every seat taken, holds 12,600?

You’re making up numbers then trying to base an argument on them lol.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":3ldk37cs said:
Ollie, how are you getting 14,500 capacity from a horseshoe that with absolutely every seat taken, holds 12,600?

You’re making up numbers then trying to base an argument on them lol.

Hardly, the actual number bears no relevance to the point. Upwards of 12k would still more than suffice even if you still factor in 1.5k for away fans, ST holders this year were what, 5k? If you can't find a seat next to all your mates with just under half the home tickets sold then you're some bleddy popular.

As I've said we are talking about easing the short term uncertainty. These blocks may well be open to ST holders if we do go up hence why the club has said ST holders will be given freedom to change. For the time being though we need to cater for the current crop of fans without the club committing to a load of extra costs for no reason.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

It’s the numbers that actually make the whole point relevant, Ollie.

But anyway.

On another note, does anyone know at which point during the refurb that the club are planning to seat the current Mayflower terrace area?

Surely it would make sense in every way to do this work in the close season if possible, especially if we go up? Easing the pressure on the horseshoe.

Or is that a rediculous suggestion aswell?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":3299bqo7 said:

You're right of course, the numbers are vital. 5,000 current ST holders given 8,000 seats (quoting someone above) to choose from is more than sufficient. I'm being generous of course as I'm sure many of the 5k will be white members who don't have allocated seats.

But anyway...

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Ollieargyle9":2d79chbq said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2d79chbq said:

You're right of course, the numbers are vital. 5,000 current ST holders given 8,000 seats (quoting someone above) to choose from is more than sufficient. I'm being generous of course as I'm sure many of the 5k will be white members who don't have allocated seats.

But anyway...

Only there aren’t 13,000 seats in the horseshoe, Ollie. Have you not grasped that yet? Then of course we need segregation. But anyway....

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
The Doctor":tpz5rbo0 said:
Where are the Directors, club guests, players families, corporates etc going to go?
(Block 15 or 16? There’s no other significant single space available)
Also the press (with the facilities they need) and TV cameras. Will this affect existing season ticket holders near the halfway line?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreensOnScreen":17s5t8z8 said:
The Doctor":17s5t8z8 said:
Where are the Directors, club guests, players families, corporates etc going to go?
(Block 15 or 16? There’s no other significant single space available)
Also the press (with the facilities they need) and TV cameras. Will this affect existing season ticket holders near the halfway line?

They can hardly reserve spare spaces on the Lyndhurst for current Grandstand season ticket holders and then later move Lyndhurst season tickets or these newly-moved people to accommodate press, cameras etc. That would be crazy. Perhaps they can keep some access/space in the Grandstand available during the refurb but not for fans. One thing is for sure - a development like this is a massive headache for the club.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":3pjz9y2h said:
Ollieargyle9":3pjz9y2h said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3pjz9y2h said:

But anyway...

Only there aren’t 13,000 seats in the horseshoe, Ollie. Have you not grasped that yet? Then of course we need segregation. But anyway....

If you refuse to discuss my actual point in favour of a capacity figure I mistakingly took from Wikipedia then I think we're done here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...