Blackpool - points deduction ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool - points deduction ?

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
It's not a sad day for their fans, they're ecstatic.....I work with loads of them. They would happily take 12 points deduction & even relegation if it meant they will be clear of the Oystons.
I would be surprised if they were docked points because they are paying all their football financial obligations.The money owed is between the 2 joint owners.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I met him last season, what a truly loathsome creature it is.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good news for Blackpool fans although the EFL are in no rush with the next scheduled meeting on March 6 when the situation will be discussed. :facepalm:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
arrythewurzel":2gc4fv83 said:
GreenThing":2gc4fv83 said:
What’s the difference between receivership and administration?

Admin is when company recognises they can’t pay their debts. Call in administrators who basically do deals with creditors to pay so much in pound. Bit like one of these debt firms who do the same for individuals in debt problems to avoid bankruptcy (IVA).

Receivership tends to be when a company has a mortgage - they fall behind - so mortgagee appoints a receiver to step into companies shoes and do everything and anything (like selling the mortgaged property) to get the mortgagees money back. The mortgage man runs the show. Worse than admin as they work for person owed money. Bit like when you don’t pay your mortgage and you might get repossessed! So club might get sold to new buyer by receiver to pay the debt.

Bit boring - but there you are!

You admitted to say that Administrators continue to run a company and can possibly find a buyer such that it continues to be a 'going concern'.

Oct 20, 2015
arrythewurzel":344l3zce said:
GreenThing":344l3zce said:
What’s the difference between receivership and administration?

Admin is when company recognises they can’t pay their debts. Call in administrators who basically do deals with creditors to pay so much in pound. Bit like one of these debt firms who do the same for individuals in debt problems to avoid bankruptcy (IVA).

Receivership tends to be when a company has a mortgage - they fall behind - so mortgagee appoints a receiver to step into companies shoes and do everything and anything (like selling the mortgaged property) to get the mortgagees money back. The mortgage man runs the show. Worse than admin as they work for person owed money. Bit like when you don’t pay your mortgage and you might get repossessed! So club might get sold to new buyer by receiver to pay the debt.

Bit boring - but there you are!

Thanks for the fiscal lesson - being a non expert I blithely thought they were the same thing. Well all I can say is it's dark before the dawn and all that. Better days ahead one hopes. I can't help thinking though, is this a hangover from their days in the Premier League? Ie player debts catching up?

Jun 2, 2016
It looks to me that the receiver has been brought in because the owner is being forced to sell to pay a debt. Rather than because the club is insolvent.
Hence why the judge checked the EFLs discretion on this before his ruling.
Personally I'd take little pleasure in them being punished with points on top of the ongoing mess there.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
mervyn":27a0uzox said:
There seems to be a question mark over this, but has any club ever gone into receivership and not been deducted points? I can’t even remember a club going into administration and not having points deducted. (Is that 10 points for admin)?
Exactly.

Jan 20, 2004
Quintrell_Green":2o8eplet said:
IJN":2o8eplet said:
I moved this one back as it's VERY relevant to Argyle. :thumbup:

They are in 8th position on 47 points. The outcome will be interesting not only to Argyle. Should the Club fold, would it mean one less club gets relegated? What will happen to their points lost / gained should they ever fold

The matches that they were involved in would become nul and void and any goals or points accrued this season would not count. It would not really affect us as we lost at home 0-1. So our goal difference would change by plus one, but Bristol Rovers and Oxford would both lose three points each as they both beat them.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Hopefully the EFL will apply some common sense in this case.
Good luck to Blackpool fans as they now have their wish.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Mike E":dthzsnrq said:
Quintrell_Green":dthzsnrq said:
IJN":dthzsnrq said:
I moved this one back as it's VERY relevant to Argyle. :thumbup:

They are in 8th position on 47 points. The outcome will be interesting not only to Argyle. Should the Club fold, would it mean one less club gets relegated? What will happen to their points lost / gained should they ever fold

The matches that they were involved in would become nul and void and any goals or points accrued this season would not count. It would not really affect us as we lost at home 0-1. So our goal difference would change by plus one, but Bristol Rovers and Oxford would both lose three points each as they both beat them.

So it would affect us as we'd have a bigger gap to the relegation zone but I can't see it coming to that, and i really hope it doesn't!

I can’t see how the EFL wouldn’t deduct points. The purpose of points deduction is to penalise poor governance and act as a deterrent to others. Their situation has arisen precisely through poor governance by the greedy, grasping Oystens. Really feel for their fans.