Blackpool - points deduction ? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool - points deduction ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Rules are rules. We had bad owners and had points deductions they should have the same.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3626277h said:
Rules are rules. We had bad owners and had points deductions they should have the same.

The EFL regulations aren't quite the same for Administration and Receivership.

Action can be taken for an "Insolvency Event.

for Receivership.....

an Administrative Receiver (as defined by section 251 of the Insolvency Act), a Law of Property Act Receiver (appointed under section 109 of the Law of Property Act 1925) or any Receiver appointed by the Court under the Supreme Court Act 1981 or any other Receiver is appointed over any assets which, in the opinion of the Board is material to the Club’s ability to fulfil its obligations as a Member Club;

The bit underlined is important in Blackpool's case. This line could mean the difference between losing points or not.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
On the point about the owners taking an unjustified ‘Premiership ‘ windfall out of the club; it is my understanding that the Glaziers take tens of millions a year out of Manchester United for their personal gain despite the club still being massively in debt due to the way they structured the finances of their takeover. MUFC are such a money making machine the debt can still be managed comfortably.
I do wonder whether Argyle aspiring to get to the Premiership is really in the long term interests of us, the fans.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
bringonthemilkman":ti8x3ieh said:
On the point about the owners taking an unjustified ‘Premiership ‘ windfall out of the club; it is my understanding that the Glaziers take tens of millions a year out of Manchester United for their personal gain despite the club still being massively in debt due to the way they structured the finances of their takeover. MUFC are such a money making machine the debt can still be managed comfortably.
I do wonder whether Argyle aspiring to get to the Premiership is really in the long term interests of us, the fans.

Remember not all Premiership clubs are owned by an Oyston nor a Glazer. There are decent folk out there.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Really?

Not many Quintrell - Stan Kronke - despite having 60,000+ every week in attendance, the highest season ticket prices etc Arsenal can just about afford to buy a full back, whilst Kroenke, his son, his daughter and dare say pet poodle all take Dividend payments for tens of millions. He also took a loan out using the Emirates as a "security" whilst funding the Rams new stadium. Can you imagine if he defaulted on that loan?

I'm sure there must be 1 or 2 decent ones knocking around, but they are in a massive minority. Some clubs have Owners that are that rich is doesn't matter (City, Chelsea etc) - some have people who do the bare minimum for the club whilst they take as much as they can (Ashley, Gold and Sullivan to name 3 of dozens) - but the days of decent owners went when the serious money was to be made. Now the crooks and vultures are in on mass.

what I can’t understand is why there are so many rich Championship club owners willing to personally lose so much in a punt on their club achieving premiership status. Average losses per club last year were £11million. Common sense says that your chances of recouping this amount through promotion are fairly slim, yet there is never a shortage of these folk willing to lose their dosh.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
mervyn":37ham77r said:
what I can’t understand is why there are so many rich Championship club owners willing to personally lose so much in a punt on their club achieving premiership status. Average losses per club last year were £11million. Common sense says that your chances of recouping this amount through promotion are fairly slim, yet there is never a shortage of these folk willing to lose their dosh.

That's the gamble they take to get at the honey pot. When you have that sort of money to burn then it is "speculate to accumulate" to get there. In a world of low/no interest rates the riskier investments become more in vogue. Can't think of anything more risky than football TBH!! Crypto or buying Venezuela sovereign bonds maybe! :wtf:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":32r0wf70 said:
The problem is that some of the money they syphoned belonged to co owner Valeri Belokon hence the court stating that the Oystons have to pay him over £30m.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Mervyn, from TV money alone most sides will earn in excess of £140,000,000 this season. That is due to increase by as much as 12.5% next year. There is no advertising, gate receipts, sponsorship included in that figure.
Lets take an average Championship Club, Preston for instance. If somebody has a pot of money, lets say £50 million they are prepared to risk, how many players, do the current Preston team need to turn them from average to top 6 contenders? Its certainly within the realms of possibility that a big name boss, with good contacts (think Lampard and what he has been able to loan to Derby this year) and 2-3 real stellar buys, they would be looking real promotion contenders, if they could get up and stay there for just two seasons the investor has made a staggering amount of cash.
Even if they take their original investment + 50% back, the club are likely to still be in profit and the owner has made a sizeable return and all the trappings of celebrity they want. Thats why they do it.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Looks like the EFL will be deciding whether to deduct points from Blackpool at a meeting on the 6th March.

mervyn":g257amsc said:

I think ego and power has a large part to play in buying and running a club.