Blackpool v Argyle Match thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool v Argyle Match thread

Sep 6, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":3mmv71sf said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3mmv71sf said:
Second half the Argyle performance wasn’t as good. Not to say it was bad, but our passing was sloppy at times.

I thought the performance was decent today. That we were competitive. I hate to say it but Lewis defending today cost Argyle. The first goal he tried to clear it. It was unlucky. However, he let the guy come inside too easy. The penalty was so stupid. It was rash and clumsy. The Blackpool player was always going to go down. And a tackle from behind your going to concede a foul in today’s football.

We need to start getting to grips with start of games. Another early second half goal conceded. It’s happening too many times.

First half was very enjoyable. Second half we just couldn’t get to grips with that pitch. I thought Aimson had another very good game in the back four. It allows him to just defend, and give the simple ball. Woods also looked assured.

I have to say that Edwards goal was fantastic. The run into the box. The technique for the volley. It was a thing of beauty. The guy has been immense this season. A good captain, who puts in a shift every game. I have to say he is my player of the season. I had doubts about him at the start of this season as a RWB. I just love to see him in midfield with Camara. However, he has worked his socks off. Scored some beautiful goals (e.g. one up at Sunderland) and l think he deserves to be recognised this season.

Couldn’t agree more on Edwards. Player of the season for me

Ditto

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone else feel as angry as I do. Lewis was clearly being targeted as a weakness by Blackpool after half time so Lowe should have subbed him straight away once we went 1-1. It was so obvious to me so I don’t know why Lowe can’t see it. I’m annoyed because albeit slim if we’d have beaten Blackpool we’d only be 6 points from the playoffs with 8 games to go.

Those defensive errors have effectively finished our season.

Jul 12, 2016
Great point, all but safe now ! Delighted to see Hardie score and hopefully this will give him a bit of confidence :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":12p85909 said:
Anyone else feel as angry as I do. Lewis was clearly being targeted as a weakness by Blackpool after half time so Lowe should have subbed him straight away once we went 1-1. It was so obvious to me so I don’t know why Lowe can’t see it. I’m annoyed because albeit slim if we’d have beaten Blackpool we’d only be 6 points from the playoffs with 8 games to go.

But surely Lowe should be aware of his own players defensive deficiencies before the game started

Mar 18, 2014
Blackpool are now unbeaten in 11 games

on Tuesday they beat Peterborough who are currently 2nd and won 7-0 today

so it is a good effort by us today, despite the normal negativity being demonstrated ad nauseum

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":1k7anbcw said:
JannerinCardiff":1k7anbcw said:

But surely Lowe should be aware of his own players defensive deficiencies before the game started

To me It’s up to the opposition manager to work out our weaknesses, it’s up to ours to try to combat that. As soon as it was clear of Blackpool’s tactics to exploit Lewis’ defensive frailties Lowe should have subbed him.

Grant is a better all round LB for me, and he added yet another assist to what has been a great season for him.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pogleswoody":1oexgdym said:
ealinggreen":1oexgdym said:
Thought Woods had a cracking good game for someone who has hardly played. He is out of contract in June.

:iagree: Showed good character. Looks a good young player. :clap:

I think Woods played well, was dominant in the air and strong in the tackle. I think he doesn’t have the best distribution tho so suits playing in a back 4 for me or in the middle of the 3 CB’s in the 3-5-2. Be interesting what Lowe decides to do when Opuku is back - personally I’d play Aimson, Woods and Opuku in a back 3 in a 3-5-2 formation.

May 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":2gybcak5 said:

And now we're 8 points off the play offs. How about the load of our players that watched the ball trickle through them for Blackpool's first goal - maybe he should have subbed all of them straight away ?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
ealinggreen":1ohd37n7 said:
Thought Woods had a cracking good game for someone who has hardly played. He is out of contract in June.

Out of contract but if Palace offer him a contract any club interested will have to pay compensation.

Oct 31, 2015
rsp4":1zhfhg0d said:
We won't keep a clean sheet with our defence and will need to score a couple just to gain a point.

COYGs :scarf:

I called it. It's so predictable. The defensive weakness is just shocking. 2 X points for safety then we can forget this season as it will be job done.

RL has some work to do in the summer.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paranoid Android":2cozt1dx said:

I've nicked that for Twitter. :oops:

source.gif

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Guiri Green":3sxg8gog said:
JannerinCardiff":3sxg8gog said:

And now we're 8 points off the play offs. How about the load of our players that watched the ball trickle through them for Blackpool's first goal - maybe he should have subbed all of them straight away ?

Ah but that doesn’t fit today’s victimisation