Blackpool v Argyle Match thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool v Argyle Match thread

Sep 6, 2006
Kevin Pedlar":5gplsmxt said:
Guiri Green":5gplsmxt said:
JannerinCardiff":5gplsmxt said:
Anyone else feel as angry as I do. Lewis was clearly being targeted as a weakness by Blackpool after half time so Lowe should have subbed him straight away once we went 1-1. It was so obvious to me so I don’t know why Lowe can’t see it. I’m annoyed because albeit slim if we’d have beaten Blackpool we’d only be 6 points from the playoffs with 8 games to go.

Those defensive errors have effectively finished our season.

And now we're 8 points off the play offs. How about the load of our players that watched the ball trickle through them for Blackpool's first goal - maybe he should have subbed all of them straight away ?

Ah but that doesn’t fit today’s victimisation

So are you suggesting we are not allowed to criticise a player? Just asking... :silent:

May 16, 2016
Kevin Pedlar":3towzwdj said:
Guiri Green":3towzwdj said:
JannerinCardiff":3towzwdj said:
Anyone else feel as angry as I do. Lewis was clearly being targeted as a weakness by Blackpool after half time so Lowe should have subbed him straight away once we went 1-1. It was so obvious to me so I don’t know why Lowe can’t see it. I’m annoyed because albeit slim if we’d have beaten Blackpool we’d only be 6 points from the playoffs with 8 games to go.

And now we're 8 points off the play offs. How about the load of our players that watched the ball trickle through them for Blackpool's first goal - maybe he should have subbed all of them straight away ?

As soon as Lewis kicked a ball, my car failed it's MOT.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Balham_Green":zq84mmqr said:
Kevin Pedlar":zq84mmqr said:
Guiri Green":zq84mmqr said:
JannerinCardiff":zq84mmqr said:

So are you suggesting we are not allowed to criticise a player? Just asking... :silent:

Not at all. Just seems that the usual suspects are, as usual, hiding behind a keyboard to collectively have a real go at a young Argyle player who is expected to be perfect every game. But hey. I’m not such a football expert as you guys

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Guiri Green":ebl9dik7 said:
Kevin Pedlar":ebl9dik7 said:
Guiri Green":ebl9dik7 said:
JannerinCardiff":ebl9dik7 said:

As soon as Lewis kicked a ball, my car failed it's MOT.

:clap:

Sep 6, 2006
Kevin Pedlar":cyxccuum said:
Balham_Green":cyxccuum said:
Kevin Pedlar":cyxccuum said:
Guiri Green":cyxccuum said:
JannerinCardiff":cyxccuum said:

Not at all. Just seems that the usual suspects are, as usual, hiding behind a keyboard to collectively have a real go at a young Argyle player who is expected to be perfect every game. But hey. I’m not such a football expert as you guys

So you don't think a professional footballer (on a lot of money from a Premier club I should add) should be expected to win a simple header for first goal and not be out of position for 2nd goal? You don't need to be an expert to see that. But you think we shouldn't have 'a real go'. Or should we? Make up your mind.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Kevin Pedlar":1gpoyvxa said:
Balham_Green":1gpoyvxa said:
Kevin Pedlar":1gpoyvxa said:
Guiri Green":1gpoyvxa said:
JannerinCardiff":1gpoyvxa said:

Don’t recall having a go at Lewis.. I said Lowe should have subbed him as soon as was obvious that Blackpool were targeting him as a potential defensive weakness of ours.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":2awpo70b said:
Kevin Pedlar":2awpo70b said:
Balham_Green":2awpo70b said:
Kevin Pedlar":2awpo70b said:
Guiri Green":2awpo70b said:
JannerinCardiff":2awpo70b said:

Don’t recall having a go at Lewis.. I said Lowe should have subbed him as soon as was obvious that Blackpool were targeting him as a potential defensive weakness of ours.

Tbh JIC, I didn’t have you in mind !

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Balham_Green":2xf7tr6b said:
oldage":2xf7tr6b said:
Balham_Green":2xf7tr6b said:
oldage":2xf7tr6b said:
Brookside Janner":2xf7tr6b said:
We are such a jekyll and hyde team.

If we could eliminate these poor second half displays, I’m sure we would be challenging for promotion.
Unfortunately we are a "one half" team and seem incapable of playing for 90 minutes. Opposing managers are also sussing out our weaknesses and exploiting them on a regular basis.

Thats what managers do. No shock there
Pity ours doesn't.Shock :facepalm:

Seems like you were expecting a promotion challenge this season.

I think you’ll find he predicted relegation.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":1iewp0bc said:
Balham_Green":1iewp0bc said:
oldage":1iewp0bc said:
Balham_Green":1iewp0bc said:
oldage":1iewp0bc said:
Brookside Janner":1iewp0bc said:
We are such a jekyll and hyde team.

If we could eliminate these poor second half displays, I’m sure we would be challenging for promotion.
Unfortunately we are a "one half" team and seem incapable of playing for 90 minutes. Opposing managers are also sussing out our weaknesses and exploiting them on a regular basis.

Thats what managers do. No shock there
Pity ours doesn't.Shock :facepalm:

Seems like you were expecting a promotion challenge this season.

I think you’ll find he predicted relegation.
I did not predict relegation but said, at a very early stage, I would settle for us remaining in this division but that doesn't suit either of your agendas.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I wouldn’t say that any players let it trickle past them. The guy hit it past (I think) Woods from close range. No blame there. Then Cooper tried to save it and didn’t. He could probably have done better. But to say anyone apart from Lewis, who made two errors in a matter of seconds, was at fault for that goal is ridiculous.

Apr 1, 2009
oldage":nw88m52a said:
I did not predict relegation but said, at a very early stage, I would settle for us remaining in this division but that doesn't suit either of your agendas.

Given then that it looks as though we will stay in this division, possibly by a double figure point cushion, why are you so critical of Lowe, his methods, and what he stands for?

Sep 6, 2006
xmastree":2sjmleo9 said:
oldage":2sjmleo9 said:

Given then that it looks as though we will stay in this division, possibly by a double figure point cushion, why are you so critical of Lowe, his methods, and what he stands for?

Exactly. Oldage is the one with the agenda obviously.

Jul 12, 2016
xmastree":smyad7sh said:
oldage":smyad7sh said:

I do not rate Lowe as much as some fans because I am not keen on his management style. I may be old fashioned but I would prefer him to manage rather than be " one of the boys" and rely less on stats and analysis. I am delighted that we are likely to maintain our status this season ,which I viewed as a write off because of the pandemic, but will be very surprised if Lowe can take us much further.It's all about opinions and time will tell .

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":wwopnz3n said:
xmastree":wwopnz3n said:
oldage":wwopnz3n said:

I do not rate Lowe as much as some fans because I am not keen on his management style. I may be old fashioned but I would prefer him to manage rather than be " one of the boys" and rely less on stats and analysis. I am delighted that we are likely to maintain our status this season ,which I viewed as a write off because of the pandemic, but will be very surprised if Lowe can take us much further.It's all about opinions and time will tell .

Yes we definitely shouldn't be doing 'analysis'. Whatever next? :facepalm: