Blissett off to Macclesfield | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blissett off to Macclesfield

Nov 22, 2006
Stuart House":163rt85t said:
Green Giant":163rt85t said:
Stuart House":163rt85t said:
PL2 3DQ":163rt85t said:
janner67":163rt85t said:
You would hope that this might be an indicator that a deal is close elsewhere for an incoming....

Otherwise rank stupidity would come to mind to complete that deal without someone lined up fully.

Well we've done ok without him since early November.

Good luck to him and thanks for that equaliser against Wycombe. :)

Hopefully this is an indication of someone about to arrive. One of these 'chain reactions' Adams speaks of.

Because Janner is correct, it would be rank stupidity to let three strikers leave without a replacement lined up, as crap as they were.

Don't think the two are connected think Bliss was on his way out regardless

I'll give Adams the benefit of doubt, and say they are connected. I would suggest they will be an incoming later today ... :whistle:

Well hopefully I'll get back from work tonight to some news

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
He left Scunthorpe because he wasn't guaranteed regular football. I'd say the same applies here.

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":3ss6ad5w said:
He left Scunthorpe because he wasn't guaranteed regular football. I'd say the same applies here.
2nd in line with a chance to be first if Taylor's form drops/suspension/injury is surely a darn sight better than 4th or 5th in line.

I have more concerns whether he would be good/fit enough rather than his motivation for coming or not.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":3nrwfwy6 said:
Keepitgreen":3nrwfwy6 said:
2nd in line with a chance to be first if Taylor's form drops/suspension/injury is surely a darn sight better than 4th or 5th in line.

I have more concerns whether he would be good/fit enough rather than his motivation for coming or not.

I'd also question how much he wants to be here. We had him on trial and he turned us down for Scunthorpe as I recall, things didn't work out and we're now his 2nd choice. Hardly screams "commitment to the cause".

He'd be a gamble fitness wise, if we are going to gamble I'd rather we did on a player who really wanted to be here and was glad of the opportunity. That or better still we sign a forward who doesn't have a horrible injury record :)

Apr 9, 2011
We have a threadbare squad very little quality cover need some half decent back ups in during the remaining couple of weeks of January but not holding my breath

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks Nathan. Probably square peg in round hole for DAs tactics which didnt help your cause.

Thanks for everything you did in Green and best of luck for the future

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle wont pay transfer fees like their main competitors, so we are probably in the market for released players, loanees or those who are out of contract this month. There could be some good loanee players available, but any permanent signings are most likely those deemed not good enough by their current clubs. However, they might be good enough for Argyle's needs.

Feb 23, 2008
Most strikers aren't a great fit for DA's tactics at this level.......how many have we been through since he joined and how many could be considered a success?

Off the top of my head Taylor and possibly Spencer? That leaves Ciftci, Reid, Blissett, Fletcher and Jervis as a no? Was Matt a yes or no?

I wonder if it's the system that stops players coming as well as the distance? Goal scoring charts can't tell the story of the system played can they?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Stuart House":32e3358z said:
PL2 3DQ":32e3358z said:
janner67":32e3358z said:
You would hope that this might be an indicator that a deal is close elsewhere for an incoming....

Otherwise rank stupidity would come to mind to complete that deal without someone lined up fully.

Hopefully this is an indication of someone about to arrive. One of these 'chain reactions' Adams speaks of.

Because Janner is correct, it would be rank stupidity to let three strikers leave without a replacement lined up, as crap as they were.
I think that comment was very unfair and unnecessary in relation to Alex Fletcher.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":36ob18oe said:
Argyle wont pay transfer fees like their main competitors, so we are probably in the market for released players, loanees or those who are out of contract this month. There could be some good loanee players available, but any permanent signings are most likely those deemed not good enough by their current clubs. However, they might be good enough for Argyle's needs.

You've done it again. :facepalm:

Blisset cost money.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
davie nine":2a8w034b said:
Stuart House":2a8w034b said:
PL2 3DQ":2a8w034b said:
janner67":2a8w034b said:

I think that comment was very unfair and unnecessary in relation to Alex Fletcher.

It’s probably unfair and unnecessary when talking about Blissett. Blissett was out of his depth but Ciftci? there is no excuse for any player that we had from Celtic not being good enough for League 1 and even judging him on not playing the style needed he was reluctant to show why he thought he was a pro footballer.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Providing we have someone lined up this seems like a good move. Blissett gets to play some football at a level he probably feels comfortable at and put himself in a position to get a contract for next season and hopefully we get him partially off the wage bill for the rest of the season.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
gaspargomez":3u8ccalq said:

We paid a fee for Blissett, paid compensation for Edwards (fee unknown) paid money for Banton and Matt Parsons, and also Steve MacLean. Only one of them has really been a success. Spending money doesn't guarantee you a good player. I'd take Taylor over Blissett anyday, as would you, and we got him for free.