Blissett off to Macclesfield | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blissett off to Macclesfield

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":3t8tgiwd said:
HC Green":3t8tgiwd said:
Mark Pedlar":3t8tgiwd said:
HC Green":3t8tgiwd said:
So of the starting 11 on Saturday how many would you have dropped, how many of the 7 on the bench wouldn’t you have had?

We need a midfielder. In my view of what I've seen so far from Ness and Sarcevic they are not quite the players we need. DA sort of agrees as he brought in Diagouraga although I will take the point that Diagouraga's arrival and departure coincide with Ness's availability (or lack of it). The autumn showed us that our only option to replace Taylor was Jervis (although Grant was never tried there) and he was definitely a second rate option.

Therefore, IMHO, we need 2 players in (although a second midfielder may also be a requirement). From Saturday's squad I wouldn't have started Ness or Sarcevic. That replaced player would drop to the bench and I'd have left Wylde out. The Taylor option would have started on the bench. So the bench would have been: spare 'keeper (Letheren), full back (Miller), centre back (Songo'o), centre midfielder (Ness), attacking midfielders/shape changers (Ainsworth, Jervis), forward (a n other).

As a counter HC take three players out of the starting line-up from Saturday at random and deny that the revised line up with our current squad is significantly inferior. Lack of squad depth is our problem.

I would play Jervis, Ainsworth and Songo’o.

You are implying that we need to bring in more bench warmers, so is there any need to rush signings, just wait until the right person(s) becomes available and if they don’t that is unfortunate but there is enough cover in the squad plus the likes of Battle, Rooney, Sangster and Law that could be used.

Oh that’s okay then. We can go the rest of the season with only 1 striker, no replacement for Toumani and rely on our youth team to keep us in League 1.

Problem solved, well done.

Exactly we have a very good squad and some excellent youngsters coming through, I could have added Jephcott and Craske to the list.

I suggest people watch the U18 matches or a SWPL game just to see how good they are. Some of the U16s who sometimes play in these games are just as good if not better.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":2ptnmq7j said:
Ade the green":2ptnmq7j said:
Mark Pedlar":2ptnmq7j said:
So of the starting 11 on Saturday how many would you have dropped, how many of the 7 on the bench wouldn’t you have had?

We need a midfielder. In my view of what I've seen so far from Ness and Sarcevic they are not quite the players we need. DA sort of agrees as he brought in Diagouraga although I will take the point that Diagouraga's arrival and departure coincide with Ness's availability (or lack of it). The autumn showed us that our only option to replace Taylor was Jervis (although Grant was never tried there) and he was definitely a second rate option.

Therefore, IMHO, we need 2 players in (although a second midfielder may also be a requirement). From Saturday's squad I wouldn't have started Ness or Sarcevic. That replaced player would drop to the bench and I'd have left Wylde out. The Taylor option would have started on the bench. So the bench would have been: spare 'keeper (Letheren), full back (Miller), centre back (Songo'o), centre midfielder (Ness), attacking midfielders/shape changers (Ainsworth, Jervis), forward (a n other).

As a counter HC take three players out of the starting line-up from Saturday at random and deny that the revised line up with our current squad is significantly inferior. Lack of squad depth is our problem.

You are implying that we need to bring in more bench warmers, so is there any need to rush signings, just wait until the right person(s) becomes available and if they don’t that is unfortunate but there is enough cover in the squad plus the likes of Battle, Rooney, Sangster and Law that could be used.

Oh that’s okay then. We can go the rest of the season with only 1 striker, no replacement for Toumani and rely on our youth team to keep us in League 1.

Exactly we have a very good squad and some excellent youngsters coming through, I could have added Jephcott and Craske to the list.

I suggest people watch the U18 matches or a SWPL game just to see how good they are. Some of the U16s who sometimes play in these games are just as good if not better.

We’re not playing SWPL standard opponents when we take on Wigan etc.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":3or6m95t said:
HC Green":3or6m95t said:
Ade the green":3or6m95t said:
Mark Pedlar":3or6m95t said:

And they won’t play against Wigan as we don’t need them this weekend, so what is your point?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":2vvr2ae5 said:
Ade the green":2vvr2ae5 said:
Ade the green":2vvr2ae5 said:
Mark Pedlar":2vvr2ae5 said:

And they won’t play against Wigan as we don’t need them this weekend, so what is your point?[/quote]

You seriously don’t believe we need to strengthen the squad/team! You must be Adams in disguise.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Ade the green":i7x073rk said:
Army green":i7x073rk said:
LeonTheGreen":i7x073rk said:
gaspargomez":i7x073rk said:
Argyle wont pay transfer fees like their main competitors, so we are probably in the market for released players, loanees or those who are out of contract this month. There could be some good loanee players available, but any permanent signings are most likely those deemed not good enough by their current clubs. However, they might be good enough for Argyle's needs.

We paid a fee for Blissett, paid compensation for Edwards (fee unknown) paid money for Banton and Matt Parsons, and also Steve MacLean. Only one of them has really been a success. Spending money doesn't guarantee you a good player. I'd take Taylor over Blissett anyday, as would you, and we got him for free.

That’s just one example though, we paid money for buzasky and no fee was paid for Sarcevic, who’s the better player?? The point he’s making is we are always looking for players that are down the pecking order at there current club. We have other clubs in our own league trying to take our best players. That’s the difference and the difficulty derek Adams is working under. Fortunately we have a manager that seems to be very good at finding good players on the cheap.

You can’t really compare players from different eras and circumstances because I suppose if you could, you could mention Peter Swan how was and is our record signing ever who didn’t want to be here so was shiter than a sh1te thing playing sh1te in a decent side.

Bit off topic but Swan isn't our record signing... MacLean is followed by Halmosi. Although Simon Walton was rumoured to be 500-750k from what I remember.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Shame it didn’t work out. He needed game time and unfortunately wasted a part of his prime warming the bench for us.