Brief Synopsis - Blackpool | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis - Blackpool

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I agree with every one of Postey's marks out of 10 today. Great to see the defence stand up to the test after many pre season concerns and though Aimson and Mike Cooper were outstanding it is good to see the under rated Wooton receiving some praise from quite a few today.

Feb 15, 2005
We had to bed in 5 “new” players in Cooper (Gk), Aimson, Watts, MacLeod and Nouble which is almost half the team and so we can’t expect them to purr at this stage. Three welcome points, 47 to go. I don’t get that Blackpool are a good side as their attack looked poor and toothless today, I feel there will quite a few better sides in our division.

Aug 5, 2016
WoodsyGreen":1y7jd33k said:
Camara needs to start instead of Grant. He's much more mobile, has far superior ball-winning skills and passes the ball well.

Grant was Man of the Match in my opinion in the QPR game.

He offers a lot, not sharp sprints or tackles, but good positioning, good technical ability, makes the right decisions and keeps possession.

Camara is a different type of player. Lowe was smart to snap him up as he offers something different, and he is a type of player that will change the pace of the game and unsettle the opposition.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Some thoughts from the Blackpool fans ...

May 16, 2016
I thought Blackpool looked better than they might actually be. When we got at them, they looked a little unsure, was it 3 or 4 Yellows they picked up in trying to stop us ? They also put lots of passes out of touch or were wayward in shooting. I've no doubt they'll hammer someone one day but up against a fairly new squad of L1 newcomers the Stats were certainly in their favour but not the result despite their tactics working as far as the press forced us uncharacteristically long. A bit more pace and hold up ability up front (other than the keeping it in the corner for the final 5 minutes) might have at least altered the possession stats.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Great performance by Cooper, but the thing that makes me believe he’ll be a really top keeper is his ability with the ball.

That is SO important at the top level, and he looked so comfortable. His short passing was good, his kicking was good and his long diagonal Neuer-esque balls were good.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Was there a reason why Randell was missing today?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":22vf4dsx said:
Was there a reason why Randell was missing today?

Yeah, we had enough midfielders on the bench.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":30hqd2g9 said:
Tugboat":30hqd2g9 said:
PL2 3DQ":30hqd2g9 said:
Some thoughts from the Blackpool fans ...

Pretty much
Someone should tell them we're also a work in progress. :)

Someone should tell their defenders not to fanny about with the ball on the edge of your own box in the first three minutes of your first league game away to a newly promoted side! :scarf: