Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Macey should have held Bradford's second, at least at the second attempt, he made a mess of it, and he also put us under pressure throughout with his really weak kicking. I've defended Macey on a number of occasions but I can't at the moment, he's costing us goals week after week, it isn't scapegoating.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
How Macey is at Arsenal defies all belief....he is at best a league 2 keeper.His kicking is terrible especially on his right foot,his shot stopping is poor as he continually pushes the ball out into the danger area,he is easily beaten at his near post and is vulnerable to anything on the ground as he is too slow to get down...you have to question the goalkeeping coach as well as he should be addressing these problems....

Mar 16, 2009
London
PL2 3DQ":2rhbpgld said:
Justin":2rhbpgld said:
Bradford were ok - they have some good attacking players. Very naive to claim they’re awful just because they’re currently bottom.

Worst thing about all the senseless, infantile negativity is the constant need for a scapegoat. Now Moore is out of the team it’s Macey. He made 2 good saves leading up to the second goal. Anyone who seriously thinks he should have held either of these (the second was a block ffs) probably doesn’t watch much high level football. It’s unrealistic.

The reason we conceded after his double save was due to non existent marking. Fox (yet again) was nowhere near his man.

We need our midfielders to be sharper and more focused on their defensive duties before we’ll stop conceding.

Looks like Fox is your scapegoat.

Nope. Just saying you can’t blame Macey for midfielder’s failing in their defensive duties.

May 1, 2011
Duncan Rice":270w33kn said:
Missed the match due to work commitments so, (without knowing the score) thought I would read through the synopsis to get a feel for the match. It was only around page 5 that I realised we had not actually lost! So, so, much negativity, the first post sets the tone it seems. A moment to consider and let the emotion cool maybe before posting and some realism.....

I would suggest it you had seen Argyle conceed 3 shambolic goals then it is perfectly cool and reasonable to be cross. Yesterday was the sort of game you have to win if we are going to get out of this mess.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":1yxs2huj said:
Duncan Rice":1yxs2huj said:
Missed the match due to work commitments so, (without knowing the score) thought I would read through the synopsis to get a feel for the match. It was only around page 5 that I realised we had not actually lost! So, so, much negativity, the first post sets the tone it seems. A moment to consider and let the emotion cool maybe before posting and some realism.....

I would suggest it you had seen Argyle conceed 3 shambolic goals then it is perfectly cool and reasonable to be cross. Yesterday was the sort of game you have to win if we are going to get out of this mess.

Totally agree.

On the day the vast majority of teams in this league would have beaten Bradford 3 or 4 nil, so it's extremely worrying that we made such a meal out of only a draw.

May 1, 2011
Justin":dsfc3nou said:
PL2 3DQ":dsfc3nou said:
Justin":dsfc3nou said:
Bradford were ok - they have some good attacking players. Very naive to claim they’re awful just because they’re currently bottom.

Worst thing about all the senseless, infantile negativity is the constant need for a scapegoat. Now Moore is out of the team it’s Macey. He made 2 good saves leading up to the second goal. Anyone who seriously thinks he should have held either of these (the second was a block ffs) probably doesn’t watch much high level football. It’s unrealistic.

The reason we conceded after his double save was due to non existent marking. Fox (yet again) was nowhere near his man.

We need our midfielders to be sharper and more focused on their defensive duties before we’ll stop conceding.

Looks like Fox is your scapegoat.

Nope. Just saying you can’t blame Macey for midfielder’s failing in their defensive duties.

Our midfield was incredibly pedestrian yesterday and this did leave our defence and Macey regularly exposed.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
nick_PASTIE":1hqekysi said:
Shankster":1hqekysi said:
Bradford were hilarious

Mellor at Centre Back comedy gold. In a Benny Hill slapstick kind of way. Mind you our CBs offer a darker, more sinister humour.

Mellor continues to have his critics, but he was a far better right back for Argyle over recent candidates, save for Oscar.

Nov 2, 2004
The forward was offside for the second goal.Macey was at fault for it he had lots of time to see the shot and decent goalkeepers push the save wide,he did his usual push it towards the attacking players.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
oddball":whvmu6fp said:
How Macey is at Arsenal defies all belief....he is at best a league 2 keeper.His kicking is terrible especially on his right foot,his shot stopping is poor as he continually pushes the ball out into the danger area,he is easily beaten at his near post and is vulnerable to anything on the ground as he is too slow to get down...you have to question the goalkeeping coach as well as he should be addressing these problems....

It's a very good point. I think "dropping" is an underrated skill really and if you can't drop then you will definitely concede a lot of goals.

The GK coach is another who seems to be at blame.

Aug 5, 2015
God so now it’s the goalkeeping coach. Who’s next. I expect the bootman will be found to be using the wrong kind of polish.