Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford)

Aug 13, 2011
It's all down to one major error in the close season. We'd be pushing for promotion if we had a defence. We have a Championship attack and a non league defence. Quality was replaced with mediocrity in defence. The players brought in were nowhere near as good as the 3 let go, Bradley, Vyner and Threlkeld. You do that it's going to be a disaster. Anything else about formations, tactics, who's playing, who's not, frankly pales in to insignificance.This grave error needs to be sorted out in January or we go down. The board have to assist then or suffer financially anyway with greatly reduced attendances in Div 2. End of.

Aug 13, 2011
nick_PASTIE":565ipr4v said:
jay_smithy":565ipr4v said:
Shout out to all the fans who were cheering for lamieras to come on like he’s some kind of saviour.

Done really well when he came on, once again....

Ruben is a "confidence" player if ever there was one. Without a run of games we will not the get best out of him, tbf most players of his skillset are like this. I am not his biggest fan but he does have the ability to turn a game.

One of the biggest problems today is the negative line up we put out- immediately hands the opposition the upper hand and they invariably settle into the game and score first.

Lameiras should start every game. He's ridiculously underused and all the fans who know football know this. Adams treats him as he treated Tanner, he seems to not like talented left footed players whose goals to minutes ratio exceed most of his starting 11. Weird science???

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Lesley Somerville":2oitkq5q said:
Playing poor old Ryan Edwards today was cruel and unnecessary in my view He clearly isn't fit, not his fault. He's a young lad who has been through the mill so to put him in that position today was wrong on so many levels. As others have said, there was an alternative but DA just doesn't seem to like/rate Lameiras so we were on the back foot early doors and never really recovered. Shame. I just feel baffled and frustrated in equal measure by some of DA's decisions. Our only real hope is the January transfer window #PrayforArgyle

Whilst I originally agreed with your comments and logic I have to highlight the error of your ways.

If these comments were true it would infer that Adams did something wrong and we have all been told quite clearly that doesn’t happen.

Please review your logic, like I reviewed mine.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
gariboldi":2cxdk8a9 said:
nick_PASTIE":2cxdk8a9 said:
jay_smithy":2cxdk8a9 said:
Shout out to all the fans who were cheering for lamieras to come on like he’s some kind of saviour.

Ruben is a "confidence" player if ever there was one. Without a run of games we will not the get best out of him, tbf most players of his skillset are like this. I am not his biggest fan but he does have the ability to turn a game.

One of the biggest problems today is the negative line up we put out- immediately hands the opposition the upper hand and they invariably settle into the game and score first.

Lameiras should start every game. He's ridiculously underused and all the fans who know football know this. Adams treats him as he treated Tanner, he seems to not like talented left footed players whose goals to minutes ratio exceed most of his starting 11. Weird science???

I can see why Lameiras does not start. He gives the ball away too often, dispossessed too easily, can't tackle and doesn't track back.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I can't see Edwards playing for us again. Back to Morecambe in Jan

Also we'll cash in on Ladapo and have Taylor back up front

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Penlee":14fz3lq5 said:

Cash in?

Is there a long list of clubs queuing up for him or something?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Tugboat":10slgi2o said:
Penlee":10slgi2o said:

Cash in?

Is there a long list of clubs queuing up for him or something?

12 goals in a side struggling badly would probably suggest he has suitors.

I would be very disappointed if he was sold though.

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":14oywexa said:
gariboldi":14oywexa said:
nick_PASTIE":14oywexa said:
jay_smithy":14oywexa said:

I can see why Lameiras does not start. He gives the ball away too often, dispossessed too easily, can't tackle and doesn't track back.

Yep. A luxury player. Wouldn't play him away but at home against the bottom team...

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
IJN":3m12s26r said:
pedro91":3m12s26r said:
oddball":3m12s26r said:
Two very poor teams who no doubt on today's showing will both be in division 2 next season.Argyle are not going to win many matches with defending like today.....
No Xmas card from 1984 for you AL!!!!

Baz, you moan about bullying comments to you, yet you (again) bring Paul into a post.

Please pack it in.
If you call that "bullying", what do you call what some posters say about players when they have a stinker ???????????

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Balham_Green":lr37ugxh said:
Emu":lr37ugxh said:
gariboldi":lr37ugxh said:
nick_PASTIE":lr37ugxh said:
jay_smithy":lr37ugxh said:

Yep. A luxury player. Wouldn't play him away but at home against the bottom team...

Yep, I agree with you. I was just thinking from Adam's viewpoint.
Definitely a horses for courses type player.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
For me its either Ladapo or Taylor up front not both so fully expect one to be off in the transfer window.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Penlee":30xo5iz0 said:

I’m chuffed to bits that Edwards came through his health scare but if he never played for us again I wouldn’t be sorry.

I never really rated him when he first arrived but he’s nowhere near even that standard now.

Oct 31, 2015
Alan Turing":px4ktqdp said:
Penlee":px4ktqdp said:

I’m chuffed to bits that Edwards came through his health scare but if he never played for us again I wouldn’t be sorry.

I never really rated him when he first arrived but he’s nowhere near even that standard now.

Totally agree. Brave and strong with the big C and proud of him for fighting back but is and never was a 3rd division CB

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Macey - 6 - Haven’t seen the highlights but not sure he’s at fault. Having to make needless saves because his defence is a mess and then nobody marking any of the attacking players in the box for the rebounds.

Riley - 6 - I thought he wasn’t bad at all. Him and Carey seemed to have a much better understanding than when Moore plays. With a bit more football under his belt, I feel we may have at least a competent right back.

Edwards - 2 - Absolute mess. Why is he playing? Get rid.

Canavan - 4 - Also a mess. At fault for the second for sure. Good enough for 4th choice and nothing more.

Smith-Brown - 5 - Good going forward but defensively his positioning is erratic.

Fox - 5 - Poor by his standards, wasteful on the ball.

Songo’o - 4 - Can’t knock him for effort but in terms of quality nowhere near good enough yesterday. One excellent tackle at the fest though.

Sarcevic - 6 - Industrious as ever but his finishing has to be better.

Grant - 8 - He’s been very good this season and very much deserved his goal.

Carey - 7 - Much more like it, benefitted from having Riley behind him.

Ladapo - 8 - He just keeps being in the right place. What a great signing he’s turned out to be.

General observations:

1. The defence is farcically bad. It’s pathetic.
2. Why do we insist on pumping it long when it’s wet? Ball just skids out..
3. Bradford are equally bad.
4. We have no chance out of survival without two new centre backs.
5. This was a really bad result.
6. Home Park is pretty toxic and unenjoyable, some of the comments coming out of the Devonport End were embarrassing. Criticising players even when they do things well. Makes me ashamed to be an Argyle fan at times.

Oct 16, 2016
Was a Total embarrassment st the back, utterly invisible in the middle (it always is) but is feel sorry for the lads up front

Bradford were hilariously bad, I mean really, really funnily (winingist) bad

I spent near 90 mins pi**ing myself it was so very funny to watch