Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford)

Oct 31, 2015
So angry tonight. Those sat around me wondered why I was so quiet because I am normally fairly vocal.

The defence is a shambles. I thought the RB played ok but that's about it. Edwards is not a lg2 player and needs to be shipped. He was not that good before his illness but people forget. Proud of him for fighting the big C but sentiment cannot allow him to play again. The GK is a liability at times. That pad out to their strikers was a joke ( mind you where were the defence) and to let the ball go across his 6 yard box.aaaahhhhhhhhh.
Canavan did ok but with ASB outside him he was covering 3 missing defenders.

Songoo had a mare in midfield which is unusual and the struggled When moved back.

WTF were the subs all about? Taylor wide left then wide right!!!!Since when has he played there. Rubes comes on and no one uses him I'm not sure he saw the ball.

Bright bits were Grant J, Sarcs, GC10 and of course Freddie who without his goals we would be sunk.

Today I saw 2 teams that will struggle in the 4th division. I know Adams is not going but today I knew we are in a relegation fight.

For the green tints that think we are playing well wake up and smell the coffee. All I have heard is should have won last week we were the better team, should have won this week we were the better team. Utter crap. We won neither and conceded 5 goals.

Oh and I forgot they had Mellor and O'Connor as CBs no wonder we had chances

Like I said fuming tonight

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Frank_Butcher":l6j5f5t8 said:
Balham_Green":l6j5f5t8 said:
Carey was poor again?!! What game were you watching? He drove us forward time and time again, hit the post and had 2 assists. According to you we need not just a new defence but Midfield too! You reckon Peter Grant was good but didn't name him as one to keep. I think you are a poor judge. Peter Grant looked to me what he is. A lower league Scottish player.

Agree completely about Carey. Can't believe some of the comments and ratings for him today - he was very good and my MoM.

Also agree about Peter Grant - honest as they come but should be bench at best at this level.

Yeah but until the January window I think he should be starting.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
r4h4al":1w45hm0m said:
Frank_Butcher":1w45hm0m said:
Balham_Green":1w45hm0m said:
Carey was poor again?!! What game were you watching? He drove us forward time and time again, hit the post and had 2 assists. According to you we need not just a new defence but Midfield too! You reckon Peter Grant was good but didn't name him as one to keep. I think you are a poor judge. Peter Grant looked to me what he is. A lower league Scottish player.

Agree completely about Carey. Can't believe some of the comments and ratings for him today - he was very good and my MoM.

Also agree about Peter Grant - honest as they come but should be bench at best at this level.

Yeah but until the January window I think he should be starting.

Sadly, I wouldn't disagree.

Feb 23, 2008
So many things wrong with today's performance, both sides are so poor, coupled with a shocking ref, it actually made for an entertaining game!

Those who cheered when Edwards was substituted need to hang their heads in shame though. There's obviously a reason why he's off the pace, everyone knows it, I've never been a fan of cheering when your own player is subbed anyway but to do that to him?

Mar 14, 2009
Let’s get this right.

Mellor was a CB for Bradford. OK, if you want to argue Mellor wasn’t that bad as an Argyle player that’s one thing. Yet if he was good at anything it was going forward, and not defending in the RB position.

Two appalling defensive units actually made it a entertaining game. Yet it’s for all the wrong reasons.

Going forward l think we are decent enough at home. Lapado with another two goals. At this rate he will be first out the door in January once we get a decent offer.

Joel Grant offered us good balance down the left hand side. When he came off for Lameiras, Argyle then became too narrow and in fact this help Bradford get on the front foot in the remaining minutes. A great save with his legs by Macey meant Argyle survived to take a point.

The problem is that we are a shambles at the back. I wouldn’t know where to start because it’s obvious Adams doesn’t have a clue. I feel sorry for Edwards. However, just on a footballing basis he is a liability at the heart of our defence. Why on earth Adams put him back in today l don’t know. Was he hoping for a miracle and Edwards somehow getting a pace boost between the last time he played him and today?

So what does the form table say now? More worrying is the league table. The way we defend by standing off teams and not reacting to situations around our penalty box is extraordinary. Adams tactics concerning how he is asking the players to defend is a head scratcher. Have you ever seen a side stand off the opposition and allow them so much time and space on the ball? New defence or not, we will still carry out these same defensive tactics and they will be exposed just like they were in matches the past 3 seasons.

Despite all this. I think Argyle will stay up because Bradford were appalling. If you got Mellor playing CB in your team then something is desperately wrong. We sure have to be better than these type of teams, don’t we?

Mar 23, 2008
chunkymonkey78":smge9shc said:
So many things wrong with today's performance, both sides are so poor, coupled with a shocking ref, it actually made for an entertaining game!

Those who cheered when Edwards was substituted need to hang their heads in shame though. There's obviously a reason why he's off the pace, everyone knows it, I've never been a fan of cheering when your own player is subbed anyway but to do that to him?
I found the cheering when Edwards was subbed embarrassing. Clearly he's not played well but he deserves so much more respect for winning such a big fight which was far more important than a game of football.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I have to admit that that was the worst defensive performance that I have seen from an Argyle team in a very long time.
Macey is not capable of pushing the ball away from the danger area and following up forwards always have a chance. Also, in one on one situations he does not spread himself as well as most keepers seem able to do. Admittedly, he did make one block near the end that would have made the score 4-3.
Ryan Edwards really is struggling, unfortunately. I understand that he played well in the Central League game on Tuesday.
Songo’o had a dreadful first half with his first touch and distribution being very poor.
Ashley Smith-Brown is good and skilful going forward but, like Tafari Moore, his defensive qualities are lacking at this level. I do think that Joe Riley provides more stability than Moore and Canavan needs a regular, reliable partner in central defence.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":oqze5yn1 said:
Concentrate on the passing and attacking Paul, far better place to be.
Ah there is that indeed Ian.
But loud Rock music does tend to lift my spirits, just like a Joel Grant run down the wing.
Or a Carey free kick that hits the post and goes in! (oh how we wish)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Deacster":1dbbz3jt said:
I found the cheering when Edwards was subbed embarrassing. Clearly he's not played well but he deserves so much more respect for winning such a big fight which was far more important than a game of football.

Shocking.

Like so much of what we're seeing at the moment, it's easy to be 'strong' and supportive when it was the easy and obvious thing to do. You see people's true colours when that becomes more difficult.

What the hell is the point of being a 'supporter' when you boo or cheer the replacement of your own players? The only acceptable time for that is when someone clearly isn't trying, which I really don't think is the case here.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":1y14fl0b said:
Deacster":1y14fl0b said:

Shocking.

Like so much of what we're seeing at the moment, it's easy to be 'strong' and supportive when it was the easy and obvious thing to do. You see people's true colours when that becomes more difficult.

What the hell is the point of being a 'supporter' when you boo or cheer the replacement of your own players? The only acceptable time for that is when someone clearly isn't trying, which I really don't think is the case here.

Totally agree. I hate it as well. No matter how much one of our own players are struggling l don’t think it helps if you are doing actions like you mentioned towards an Argyle player. Like you said it’s not like there isn’t any effort there. Unfortunately, people are frustrated. It’s no excuse but people have to release these frustrations somehow.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":14jiupg5 said:
the lady who runs my shop on saturday afternoons couldn't work today as she was visiting family in yorkshire.thanks alison. ;)

You missed a good game!

Feb 23, 2008
Steve Evans":3oszvmgn said:
the lady who runs my shop on saturday afternoons couldn't work today as she was visiting family in yorkshire.thanks alison. ;)

She's lucky she's not been sacked by how trigger happy you sound Steve..... :)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
chunkymonkey78":2z4b5ljn said:
Steve Evans":2z4b5ljn said:

She's lucky she's not been sacked by how trigger happy you sound Steve..... :)
she would make a much better coach than wotton,nancekiville and willmot.